2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on NECTALK found one at a local store. So I can confirm it is legit. However, I am not sure if it's an alternate or going to be the full-time roadie.

gsB1T7k.jpg

The only claim that it will be the full-time road cap is a description in an ebay auction, and even in that it's not specifically stated, but perhaps implied. (A road alternate is still a "road cap", which is how it is described in the ebay auction.)

How would something like this escape being leaked by someone? Wouldn't they have made an announcement by now? How do we know it's not a fashion cap? Does the "Authentic" sticker mean it will be worn on the field? I'm asking because I don't know.

Someone on NECTALK found one at a local store. So I can confirm it is legit. However, I am not sure if it's an alternate or going to be the full-time roadie.

gsB1T7k.jpg

The only claim that it will be the full-time road cap is a description in an ebay auction, and even in that it's not specifically stated, but perhaps implied. (A road alternate is still a "road cap", which is how it is described in the ebay auction.)

How would something like this escape being leaked by someone? Wouldn't they have made an announcement by now? How do we know it's not a fashion cap? Does the "Authentic" sticker mean it will be worn on the field? I'm asking because I don't know.

Fashion caps only have a circular sticker on the bill (look in the middle), not the full-size Authentic/NE Tech sticker. The Authentic sticker on a new design like this likely means it will be worn on field. No reason to introduce a hat and not wear it at least once.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hopefully this is an alternate. Wouldn't be too bad a little alternate. Maybe it's a Sunday alternate similar to the Cardinals' bird-on-bat hat? By going with a green brim and white A, they make a hat that splits the difference and can be worn as a Sunday alt home or away. If not, then hopefully it goes with the green alt, although to be honest I hope they stick with gold text on the green.

When they wear the green at home, do they wear the home hat? If so, they already wear a mismatched A half the time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've always liked their current road cap, although the one they wore in 1993 wasn't bad either. I don't really understand the need for this cap. But then again, they stopped wearing the road batting helmets and just stuck with their home helmet design. So in a way, I guess now they might bring back batting helmets specific just for the road?

Go A's!

It's funny how everyone goes into doubt about this hat.

Do you know something that we don't?

I know that it is a confirmed on field. No if ands or buts.

Okay, that's what I was asking, and thanks to those who answered my question. Now, do we have any word, other than an ebay ad, that it is the regular road cap and not an alt?

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that some teams will switch cap fabrics to the Diamond Era type. My thoughts:

They can be rather flimsy. I own a Dodgers BP Diamond Era cap, and it is alright, but it seems to be only good for hot weather and running or jogging, but nothing else. Because they will make your head cold in cold weather, I have read on one blog (This is the pertinent entry: http://ballcapblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/are-diamond-era-caps-way-of-future.html) - any thoughts on this?

UBwef0L.png

I, for one, personally think the game caps shouldn't change; they are fine the way they are. I mean, when I run, as I've said before, the sweatbands stay dry to the touch. Why change?

to put new era's mark on baseball more, thats the only reason, and if a baseball cap is only good for running or jogging, isn't that what you do in baseball anyways?

I always liked the original version from the early 90s. Green cap and bill/ white

"A's"

Still have one of those in the wrapper as it was a favorite as mine as well. Not that I didn't like the yellow A's version. This however would be a downgrade from either. Hopefully it's just a fashion cap with the wrong sticker on it.

Given that it's EBAY saying that it's the new road I think we can hold off on being worried for now. More likely this is just a new 3rd cap, which the A's have had several of over the years in particular to go with their black jerseys. This will probably be a new accoutrement for their gold duds.

Archived