2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

I'm sick and tired of hearing this argument. It always comes up every year.

I'm afraid that it's going to keep coming up every year so long as the franchise uses a patently racist depiction of an Indian.

Ironic - Bill Veeck did a whole lot of good in his life, especially in the field of civil rights, but this logo doesn't do his legacy many favors.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this cap screams 1970s, but I always liked it and would like to see it make a comeback.

5058dc1b6b3f3dfe93fa26f41ca62376.jpg

Great hat. Wish they had used that instead when they brought back the C. But I have a sentimental attachment to it: my Legion ball team wore that hat, so I associate it with that.

I too, love that hat and the jerseys that went with it. Not the pants though.

I'm from Cleveland and I get the whole debate.Cleveland.com talked to one of the Indians advisor and they said that Chief Wahoo is still the primary. They did state that both logos will be used the same and also saying that the way MLB uses logos, they her to adjust. I wish I could share the article, but I'm using my phone to write this.I'm sick and tired of hearing this argument. It always comes up every year. I felt that Chief Wahoo and the block C are good logos and people in Cleveland like Wahoo because of the tradition. The Indians won't change unless they have to..kind of like North Dakota Fighting Sioux case.

I think it is smart for them to keep both to keep multiple fans happy. I like the indian logo, but I think that "C" is incredibly boring and doesn't match the jersey script.

So we got a P, NY, B, SD......lots of others.........now another C ......just lame :mad:

What are you taking about? The Yankees and Mets have retained their primary logos. As have the Red Sox - can't think who else you're referring to with the "B".

talking about caps of course

cleveland was one of the few that had a "real" logo on the caps........

So we got a P, NY, B, SD......lots of others.........now another C ......just lame :mad:

Hey look tomtucker's back... sorta.

No, he is my dad..........I am little tom jr, ........i am hoping my uncle will join as well

:)

Can this count as an admission of trying to circumnavigate a ban?

No, he is my dad..........I am little tom jr, ........i am hoping my uncle will join as well

jesus............................ if the forum members want me to leave forever, just let me know here

What are you taking about? The Yankees and Mets have retained their primary logos. As have the Red Sox - can't think who else you're referring to with the "B".

talking about caps of course

cleveland was one of the few that had a "real" logo on the caps........

Within the established aesthetic of MLB, monograms just seem more professional. Back in the day when it was more about the city and some teams changed their names on a yearly basis, there wasn't a need to promote logos for the sake of selling shirts and other gear, and the conservative look prevailed. Originally caps with no logos and often just simple piping, then the monograms. Frankly it looks minor league to me when a team has a logo on their caps. The only exception that I can think of in my opinion is Toronto (original and current, not the mess in between), and I'm not sure if that's just because it's a beautiful logo drawn in a very conservative style, or it's just because I'm used to it, or what. Either way, complete racism aside (not that you can ever discount it), it's just not a logo that should represent a top-tier team, and it looks absolutely silly on a cap. That alone is reason to drop it. Factor in how it's nothing more than a racial stereotype, and it's a no brainer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Blue Jays have always had a progressive aesthetic, right down to playing on plastic grass. It seems unfair to expect them to conform to our baseball norms. Their money dudn't even got Washington on 'em

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, the logo fits so well with their split lettering and the original numbers (which I find so superior to their current numbers.) They looked good even with the white cap at home, but once they dropped that ('93 I think) their home and road were as close to perfect as I can give a team.

I think there's at least some room for improvement with everything, and nothing is absolutely perfect.

Well, almost nothing...

200px-wwf_mr_perfect.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jesus............................ if the forum members want me to leave forever, just let me know here

Here's a mod, telling you, that since you created one account to get around another one that was suspended for race-baiting, "goodbye".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived