2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Pirates did change their logo. It just wasn't anything earth shattering

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still cannot get used to that Reds script. I just flat out don't like it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I still cannot get used to that Reds script. I just flat out don't like it.

Being from Baltimore, it always reminds me of this.

BGE_38428B_reads_exterior.jpg

I know it isn't the same, but I can't help but make the connection.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, it broke, but was so underwhelming I think everyone forgot it. Here's the new Pittsburgh Pirates logo:

ht8sw3u10hjoq5ostafza3oyo.gif

I saw the new logo but I was hoping for something like a 80s modernize version,but I like the Pirates P it remained unchanged for years!

Oh, gotcha. The P is a strong logo, but the Pirate has been on their primary for almost 80 years. I thought if they cleaned it up a bit, got rid of the red, it'd be good enough. Hopefully it'll still be around as a secondary?

Their keeping the Pirates head it going to be on their uniforms!

http://m.clevescene.com/cleveland/blogs/Post?basename=cleveland-indians-changing-official-primary-logo-to-block-c&day=08&id=scene-and-heard&month=01&year=2014

According to that, block C will become Indians official primary logo. Wahoo still on home hats, and jersey sleeves. Let the slow phase out begin.

While I won't miss Wahoo by any means, they seriously couldn't come up with a better primary logo than the generic block C?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

http://m.clevescene.com/cleveland/blogs/Post?basename=cleveland-indians-changing-official-primary-logo-to-block-c&day=08&id=scene-and-heard&month=01&year=2014

According to that, block C will become Indians official primary logo. Wahoo still on home hats, and jersey sleeves. Let the slow phase out begin.

While I won't miss Wahoo by any means, they seriously couldn't come up with a better primary logo than the generic block C?
I knowe what you mean I'm going to missed Chief Wahoo but I thought they were going to have the wordmark as the official logo like the Braves did.

I knowe what you mean I'm going to missed Chief Wahoo but I thought they were going to have the wordmark as the official logo like the Braves did.

Honestly, I don't care what any MLB team's primary is. I don't feel like I see it that often. But the "C" cap just does not look that great. I really feel (and hope not to spur debate) that Wahoo needs to go "yesterday", but that "C" just does not look good. There is not enough contrast (like the red "C" on the Twins cap) and the "C" is blah. I prefer their 1980s "C". It was not great, but it did not hurt my eyes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Posted by Craig Booth on 01/08/2014 at 12:17 PMmobile_icon.png

BS I think the Dolan's tout this as respect for Native Americans when in reality their broke as' are just using it as an excuse to cut cost and go with a cheaper logo... But bet you won't see them doing away with memorabilia that refers to the team as the Tribe...

LOL WUT?

That doesn't excuse odd posts like the block "C" logo will somehow be cheaper to use than Wahoo.

That is hilarious. Maybe that's why the Packers are always better than the Vikings. The Vikings waste all the resources embroidering the braided Norseman into their polo shirts while the Packers have a simple "G"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm personally tired of the Wahoo debate, and I am sure the Indians owners are as well. So they will slowly phase the Wahoo logo out (which is the best way to do it to avoid backlash from vocal fans). I'd like to see something better than the block C, but they have been building that one for awhile.

Now does this appease the PC crowd, or do they go for the jugular and demand they drop the name Indians as well?

That doesn't excuse odd posts like the block "C" logo will somehow be cheaper to use than Wahoo.

That is hilarious. Maybe that's why the Packers are always better than the Vikings. The Vikings waste all the resources embroidering the braided Norseman into their polo shirts while the Packers have a simple "G"

Five bucks says that poster is either A. Employed by Reebok; or B. A San Jose Sharks fan

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived