2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, please. more UNIFORM/LOGO talk would be refreshing. i'm still wondering if new era will release next season's caps with the new bp material, i just can't see it happening. if it does, i'm cleaning out my local lids of all the current 5950's

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what it is.. the only reason I mess with you is because you're just the same...anyway...

Did your mom ever lose her legs while being ambushed during one of her four jobs? Did her vehicle ever explode into a ball of fire because of a bomb on the way to work? If she did, the Brewers probably should honor her...maybe you'd clap, maybe not.

Yes, I roll with a lot of the punches being thrown here... I never said I was an angel. But your tendency to respond to everything that has the slightest bit to do with politics as a personal attack on you is more than a bit irritating, and this isn't even the first time you've made assumptions and judgments about my personal life because of it. No, my mother was never attacked with heavy artillery. I'm not gonna tell you what she has been through, though I will say it'd make you feel like even more of a jackass than you did last time.

Anyway, I agree with the other posters that this thread has gone far enough off topic. Suffice to say you can PM me if you want to continue this conversation, because it's gonna be a long time before I respond to you on the boards again.

As Chris points out, the new road BP jerseys for the Reds are black:

New-Reds-BP-Jerseys.jpg

Talk about the Cincinnati Reds taking two steps back. When they went to the new uniforms in 2007 it was nice seeing them phase out the black, minus the black drop shadows. Now it appears black is becoming a dominant color, once again. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to the next major uniform overhaul if this is the trend.

It is interesting the while most all other teams have realized that black wasn't a good move, the Reds are going the opposite way. Huge step back for me.

Another thing that bothers me is when shadows are used that don't touch the letters they're supposed to be shadowing. Maybe the white is outlined in black and then that combo has a red shadow, but it doesn't work when the outline is the same color as the base material of the jersey. It looks like a floating shadow, which would just never happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Another thing that bothers me is when shadows are used that don't touch the letters they're supposed to be shadowing. Maybe the white is outlined in black and then that combo has a red shadow, but it doesn't work when the outline is the same color as the base material of the jersey. It looks like a floating shadow, which would just never happen.

It would with two light sources.

Anubis.png

I love the black BP/ST jersey.

I miss this set to be totally honest (the red-dominant set was beautiful too, also seen below):

9e15e0a9c7d539740eb33e9e464fb338.jpgbarry%20larkin-resized-600.jpg

My only pet peeve was when they used the red caps/helmets with the black sleeves.

I'll get roasted for this, but I really think (aesthetically-speaking) this:

aaoo188.jpg

looks better than this:

083198larkin_550x736.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I miss this set to be totally honest (the red-dominant set was beautiful too, also seen below):

My only pet peeve was when they used the red caps/helmets with the black sleeves.

aaoo188.jpg

looks better than this:

083198larkin_550x736.jpg

Every one of those are terrible.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

aaoo188.jpg

looks better than this:

083198larkin_550x736.jpg

Every one of those are terrible.

butthurt-dweller-all-my-opinions-are-fac

;)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The reds needs to be in vests again, it just makes more sense.

Please elaborate.

If it was up to me they would look like this

larkin-gant.jpg

Also the Pirates should wear vests too, but only those 2 teams really, it doesn't need to become a fad like it did in the late 90s-early 2000s

Pittsburgh+Pirates+v+New+York+Mets+KUbbp

Why though? What's your reasoning? Why shouldn't the A's be in vests too? There's historic precedent for it.

The reds needs to be in vests again, it just makes more sense.

Please elaborate.

If it was up to me they would look like this

larkin-gant.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Get outta here. That uniform is the worst they've ever worn.

I want them to go back to straight red and white, but that is the absolute worst way to do it.

I would like it if the Reds revived something like their 1970 set (immediately preceding the pullover set from '72-'92). Simple, clean, and classic.

sparky_anderson_reds_1970_20101104150058sparky-anderson-johnny-bench-1970-world-

Yep. Beautiful and befitting of their history and prestige. If they had just kept this look and never changed they'd be the red version of the Dodgers uniform. Tis a shame.

(I'd like to see white outlines on the roads wordmarks, NOB and numbers, but I don't want to start that argument again)

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would like it if the Reds revived something like their 1970 set (immediately preceding the pullover set from '72-'92). Simple, clean, and classic.

sparky_anderson_reds_1970_20101104150058sparky-anderson-johnny-bench-1970-world-

This.

Now that's perfect. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I fail to see how the addition of black in any way helps this design.

1. Red is the name of the team

2. Red is a strong color

3. Red doesn't need anything else to be successful.

Archived