C F L on Sportscenter

Shmee

Thought all you Canadians might like to hear that on Sports Center tonight, there was a recap of today's CFL matchup between Winnipeg and Hamilton. Imagine that...America paying attention to Canada...

I have a few thoughts on the subject.

1) Your endzones are ginormous

2) The uprights are at the front of the endzones?

3) Some pretty good looking uniforms ya got there.

4) You leave the yellow soccer lines down during football matches?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

They've shown the CFL on Sportscenter before. Just a little clip showing a highlight or two from the Grey Cup (?) game and showing the score, lol. And yeah, the whole field's bigger ain't it? I don't like the huge endzones.

IUe6Hvh.png

And I don't like the tiny ones... :D

Actually as ther is some inconsistency in the corners of the endzones in some stadiums I think they should shorten them by 5 yards--and they're still bigger than the NFL's...

As for soccer lines--the teams don't own the stadiums, some being public, some university owned etc... so the teams have little say in that matter...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

At least in the NFL -- Wide Recievers can't run streak routes from the 10 yard line with the QB doing a 7 step drop and still catch the ball with a good 10 yards to spare. :rolleyes:

I kid, I kid. Different strokes for different folks. As you've grown up accustomed to abnormally large endzones, I prefer mine small. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

I think CFL end zones are 20 yards deep. It used to 25 yards. Hey, NFL uprights were once on the goal lines many years ago. Yes we've got some good uniforms out here. :flagcanada:

Hamilton won? :cursing:

I saw, I came, I left.

Yea, I forget what I was watching, I'm almost positive that it was Fox Sports Net cause I wanted to check out the I, Max show, and I turn it on and they have Winnipeg and Hamilton playing each other, show I watched that. I don't think I've been that interested in a game in awhile, this game really caught my interest. I'm hoping that they show more games live on US television, because I think I'm really starting to become a fan of this league (CFL).

As if they show those highlights on SportsCenter...

Khari is choking hard right now, and our defense can't even stop the Geriatric Wonder Quarterback... it's depressing.

Yeah I'm not dressing Terry Ray next week in the TNFF, my defense is tanking! (Weel the Bombers do have a bye week so I should sit him according to our rules)

As for tomorrow--GO STAMPS GO!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I love watching the CFL when I can. Sunshine used to carry replays of the previous day's games down here (Florida) but I can't seem to ever find any games on.

Only thinig I don't like football wise in Canada is the suggsted rules for the NAIFL.

15 second play clock

3 downs

3 20-minute periods

40 meter field

upright over goal line

10 meter end zones

Slam-dunk touchdown: 7 +conversion (possible 8 or 9 point TD)

8 players

Penalty kicks

3 officials

glass and boardsare inbounds

first down lineage

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'm hoping that they show more games live on US television, because I think I'm really starting to become a fan of this league (CFL).

i got this from the CFL official site and i think you're gonna like what it says

2004 International Broadcast Schedule

CFL breaks borders with new international broadcast agreement

All Times p.m.

Dates and Times Subject to Change.

Check local listings for exact times.

* = Delayed broadcast.

** = DirecTV and DISH Network

United States:

Madison Square Garden Network** - MSGN

Fox Sports New York** - FSNY

New England Sports Network** - NESN

Empire Sports Network** - ESN

America One Television - AOT

Europe:

North American Sports Network - NASN

Middle East:

Fox Sports - FSME

2004 Regular Season Schedule

W G Date Teams Local* ET* TV

1 11 Thurs June 17 OTT at WPG 08:00 09:00 NESN, AOT

1 12 Fri June 18 HAM at BC 07:00 10:00 FSNY, NESN*, ESN, AOT, FSME

2 15 Thurs June 24 TOR at OTT 07:30 07:30 NESN, AOT

2 16 Fri June 25 WPG at HAM 07:30 07:30 FSNY, NESN*, ESN, AOT, FSME

3 19 Fri July 02 EDM at OTT 07:00 07:00 FSNY, ESN, AOT, NASN, FSME

3 20 Fri July 02 BC at SSK 08:00 10:00

4 22 Sun July 4 HAM at CAL 04:00 06:00 NESN, AOT

4 23 Thurs July 08 SSK at WPG 07:30 08:30 AOT

4 24 Fri July 09 OTT at MTL 07:00 07:00 FSNY, ESN, AOT, NASN, FSME

4 25 Fri July 09 EDM at BC 07:00 10:00

5 27 Thurs July 15 CAL at MTL 07:30 07:30 AOT

5 28 Fri July 16 WPG at OTT 07:00 07:00 FSNY, ESN, AOT, NASN, FSME

5 29 Fri July 16 TOR at SSK 08:00 10:00 NESN*

6 31 Wed July 21 OTT at TOR 07:30 07:30

6 32 Thurs July 22 BC at WPG 07:30 08:30 AOT

6 33 Fri July 23 MTL at HAM 07:30 07:30 FSNY, NESN*, ESN, AOT, NASN, FSME

7 35 Thurs July 29 CAL at OTT 07:00 07:00 NESN, AOT

7 36 Thurs July 29 MTL at BC 07:00 10:00 NESN

7 37 Fri July 30 WPG at EDM 08:00 10:00 FSNY, ESN, AOT, NASN, FSME

Complete listings for the full CFL season through to November coming soon. Madison Square Garden game coverage TBD. 

God Bless Directv :notworthy:

the CFL (actually the candadian game in general) is a fun game to watch, more throw based offense, bigger field, no faircatch, and the rouge (single point kick through the endzone)... and really those rouges can make a difference the year the Rams made the vanier cup they won the semi-final by a rouge kicked by Jon Ryan... I do know that Baltimore still has a strong CFL fan base, too bad the Ravens practically ran the Stallions out of town... they did really well there

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I prefer mine small.  :D

We are still talking endzones right?? :P

I have never seen any CFL action, how big is it in canada? Like the NFL in America or smaller?

Is it bigger here?

You should have a look at the attendane.

It's a regional thing...

the 2 domes (used to be 3) are bad places to play, fans don't like to hang out there.

A few teams folded, then came back (Ottawa, Montreal) Toronot and Hamilton were without owners for a while, but the West-MidWest kicks... Great stadium, Friday night games in Winnipeg or Edmonton on NAtional TV RULES!!!

Montreal, got a smaller stadium, downtown, where they can appeal to younger "anglo-er" demographics. If you have the chance to watch a telecast from Montreal, do it. You see a bunch of young very pretty girls all over the stands.

Talikng about expansion out east? I'd say do it...

It is a different pace, I like both for different reasons...

Main one? Grey Cup will never be palyed in 85 degrees outdoors stadium while I freeze my behinds all day..

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i turned on sportscenter, to check for NHL draft coverage, and it was nothing but wall to wall baseball. imagine that, football you can get the most indept draft in that you know every single player up to the final player taken and in hockey you don't know anyof them past Ovechkin. thanks for fair and balanced coverage. :evil:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

How do you freeze in 85 degree weather? Unless the scale is Kelvin....  :D

The game is played in 85 degree weather and he's freezing all day. A jab at the NFL's policy of giving the Super Bowl to southern cities so those of us in the north can freeze all day at home, then flip on the game and see how nice it is there.

How do you freeze in 85 degree weather? Unless the scale is Kelvin.... :D

The game is played in 85 degree weather and he's freezing all day. A jab at the NFL's policy of giving the Super Bowl to southern cities so those of us in the north can freeze all day at home, then flip on the game and see how nice it is there.

Oops! :lol: I took it the wrong way as always .... or was I?

I saw, I came, I left.

How do you freeze in 85 degree weather? Unless the scale is Kelvin....  :D

You were...

I want to watch a Superbowl from the Tundra... Maybe the Bills would have a chance...

When the Superbowl is played under 85 degrees Farenheit (i thought I'd cather to our NFL crowd here...) I AM NOT there... I'm here in Toronto, freezing my ...(insert body part)...

It's like watching the Australian Tennis Open, it's always freezing cold "up here" during the open...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived