NHL Entry Draft

Shmee

As expected, Alex Ovechkin got taken first overall by the Capitals. Any thoughts on what your favorite team is up to today?

My Rangers just picked up Al Montoya, Michigan U's goaltender. I think it's good because it gives us an opportunity to reevaluate our goaltender corps and puts some pressure back on Dan Blackburn to get back into his game and prove he has NHL potential, and also gives us the opportunity to trade away a young goalie prospect (we have about 4 now) in exchange for a young, exciting forward who can help in our rebuilding process.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

what were the rangers thinking! They have blackburn and levquist for the future and they both have starter potential. They have DUnham now, and whenever I watch the Rangers against the better teams of espn, dunham is always their only player contributing. (and messier)

signature.gif

what were the rangers thinking! They have blackburn and levquist for the future and they both have starter potential. They have DUnham now, and whenever I watch the Rangers against the better teams of espn, dunham is always their only player contributing. (and messier)

Jason LaBarbera says hi. :notworthy:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Wow everyone is so happy. Player are happy and they are "so happy to be with (insert team here)" or "I'm happy to be with this organization." Aren't you just wanting for one of them to say "I'm stuck with this team?" :hockeysmiley:

Outside Schwarz, seems like Bob McKenzie has this dead on!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

most likely they will trade montoya

i thought milburys "sleeper" pick wasnt goin to be European....

untitled-1.png

Lukas Kaspar, the Sharks pick (22nd overall) they compared to Owen Nolan but less on the defensive side. Sounds like a good fit, when he comes up.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Carolina boos Bettman, when he's the only one that wanted teams to go south....kinda funny when you think about it.

Well, just about everyone boos Bettman. Nice to know there are knowledgeable hockey fans in the Carolinas

I saw, I came, I left.

what were the rangers thinking!  They have blackburn and levquist for the future and they both have starter potential.  They have DUnham now, and whenever I watch the Rangers against the better teams of espn, dunham is always their only player contributing.  (and messier)

LaBarbera is good, but won't be anything in the NHL. He's an AHLer for life.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Chipchura looks pretty good....Burke compared him to Linden. :blink:

Linden is the most respected guy in ahockey, he is the presedint of NHLPA. Cant believe where Shremp was taken.

Chipchura looks pretty good....Burke compared him to Linden. :blink:

Linden is the most respected guy in ahockey, he is the presedint of NHLPA. Cant believe where Shremp was taken.

Gretzky and Scotty Bowman are the most respected guys in hockey: The best player and the best coach. As far as current players go, Linden is probably up there because of his ability to communicate with the other players as well as with the owners, but I doubt he's the most respected player in the league by his brethren.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

LaBarbera is good, but won't be anything in the NHL. He's an AHLer for life.

I think an AHL-record 13 regular-season shutouts has to count for something, no?

If you want a prime example of AHLer-for-life, shake hands with Ken Gernander. He's not leaving Hartford, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Contrast that with Brendan Shanahan, who badmouthed Hartford his whole time with the Whalers.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Has it ever happened before today that a player got drafted by the same team twice? It happened to Tim Brent today, as the Ducks re-drafted him.

capt.rbc10106261919.nhl_draft_rbc101.jpg

This picture further cements in my mind that this is the best jersey of all time.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Anyhoo, jerseys aside, the Sens FINALLY got rid of their two major problems, IMO.

Radek Bonk: 46 pts last season by their so-called #1 centre?! Pathetic! He's gone to L.A. for a 3rd round draft pick. 3rd rounder? Fine, at least he's gone. (Later he's dealt to Montreal for backup Mathieu Garon)

Patrick Lalime: I guess Mucks got tired of his shananigans, because the choke-artist was traded to StL. Don't get me wrong, I was always defending him ALL of last season, but that excuse of a performance in Game 7 was enough to convince me to get rid of him.

So now Hasek is coming to the Nation's Capital, but I'm not sure about this move. Management is convinced he's gonna bring the Cup to Ottawa, but considering what he did in Detroit last year with the whole CuJo affair and seeing as how he's 40 years old, I have my doubts...

Oh right, seeing as how this is the NHL Draft thread; I'm happy with Ottawa's first selection. Andrej Meszaros, ranked sixth among Europeans. A big Slovak defenseman? Where have I heard that one before? :D

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Archived