2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

A QB is only as good as his receivers. Unless he runs a lot, at which point his knee explodes.

Cam has taken 0 big hits outside of the pocket. All of the big hits he's taken were while passing. He's not gonna get hurt running the ball. He's 6'5 245lb & bigger than the LBers & DBs that tackle him when he runs. He's not a little fragile runner like Vick or Griffin.

Furthermore, that's incorrect. A QB is only as good as his WRs if he's a crappy QB. A great QB makes his WRs better. Cam is a great QB. He will make his WRs better.

Smith '10 no Cam: 46 Rec 554 Yd 2 Td

Smith '11 w/ Cam: 79 Rec 1,394 Yd 7 Td

Ginn '12 no Cam: 2 Rec 1 Yd

Ginn '13 w/ Cam: 36 Rec 556 Yd 5 Td

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFC South will be, by far, the most interesting division in the NFL next yeAr. Carolina and New Orleans are both strong teams, no doubt about it. The Falcons are a strong team that most people see rebounding to, at least, a 7-9 to 9-7 season. The Bucs are being taken as the "upset" team in the entire NFL after making several solid acquisitions. The whole division is up in the air and it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Smith brought an attitude to the team that was present in the 03-04 run, and was resurrected last year. Was his game reclining, yes, but if he stayed just for this year he could have bridged the gap between him and Benjamin. Ted Ginn, while sometimes unreliable, had speed crucial to the passing game. I could have taken LaFell leaving, though.

While this team has the potential, success may not happen this year. They could sneak a Wild Card in, but New Orleans poses strong and Tampa Bay also has potential. But hey, crazier things have happened, and I predicted 8-8 last season.

One year stop gap? Did you not read what I said? If Carolina kept him this year they would've picked up options for '15 & '16 & owed him $22mil guaranteed over the next 2 years after 2014. He isn't worth a fraction of that. Keeping him would've been stupid.

Steve laughed when asked if he'd take a pay cut last year. So don't bring up "oh he would've taken a pay cut to stay here." No he wouldn't. He forced Carolina to cut him. Now he's collecting a check from 2 teams.

Steve said at this point in his career he's "playing for numbers" & padding his ask time stats. He blatantly said on the radio he wasn't okay with not getting the ball if it meant still winning. He just wanted the ball.

Steve Smith also sucker punched 3 teammates.

Steve Smith would not have helped Benjamin. He's the man who said "it wasn't his job" to help young guys. He did nothing but yell at, belittle, & harass other young WRs Carolina drafted. He wouldn't have helped Benjamin. He would've just got all bitchy when a rookie took his job.

Steve Smith was repeatedly told by the GM to step aside & stay out of Cam's way. He wouldn't do it. He was a cancer in the locker room last year, continued to yell at Cam, & would talk over Cam in the locker room & huddle.

Steve Smith is by far the greatest player in team history. But he's a cancer. The team was willing to put up with it because of his talent. He no longer has that talent & is no longer worth the headache.

He's my favorite athlete EVER, but keeping him would've been a bad decision. It was time to move on. Cotchery & Avant are great guys who will help teach Benjamin. Proehl, the guy who taught Smith, is a great WR coach & will help Benjamin. So will his QB Can, who has already taken Kelvin under his wing.

The NFC South will be, by far, the most interesting division in the NFL next yeAr. Carolina and New Orleans are both strong teams, no doubt about it. The Falcons are a strong team that most people see rebounding to, at least, a 7-9 to 9-7 season. The Bucs are being taken as the "upset" team in the entire NFL after making several solid acquisitions. The whole division is up in the air and it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I'd put it around 95% that the NFC Champion comes out of the West or South.

Atlanta should bounce back with a healthy Roddy/Julio & improved o-line, but their defense is still terrible.

Tampa Bay has an incredible amount of talent. But they've had that talent for a few years. Still not sold on Lovie being this great savior.

New Orleans is stacked. They are the best team in the division. But I still think Carolina has a chance.

Cam has taken 0 big hits outside of the pocket. All of the big hits he's taken were while passing. He's not gonna get hurt running the ball. He's 6'5 245lb & bigger than the LBers & DBs that tackle him when he runs. He's not a little fragile runner like Vick or Griffin.

So you're telling me because Newton has even more weight to put on his plant leg when he cuts anywhere or goes back to throw, he is less likely to hurt his knee.

Do you quite understand how and why knee injuries happen?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So you're telling me because Newton has even more weight to put on his plant leg when he cuts anywhere or goes back to throw, he is less likely to hurt his knee.

Do you quite understand how and why knee injuries happen?

Yes, I sure do. It starts when your crappy, losing team comes into our building and runs their puppy dog mouths and takes cheap shot after cheap shot. Said crappy team then gets bitch slapped around on the field for 4 quarters and your QB suffers torn ACL.

Bradford.gif

The Rams weren't really crappy last year, although they had some very sad games(@ Cowboys, vs 49ers). They did slaughter the Bears, Colts, and Saints, and also were THIS close to toppling Seattle. Their D-line could be very terrorizing next year, though they have issues in the secondary.

Here is a better gif: colin-kaepernick-touchdown-and-superman-

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Anyone want to bet that if Steve smith was still on Carolina Ateles would be saying its great to have him on their team because he provides veteran leadership, and is still a star player and has plenty left in the tank, and a will to win, and other stuff.

The Rams weren't really crappy last year, although they had some very sad games(@ Cowboys, vs 49ers). They did slaughter the Bears, Colts, and Saints, and also were THIS close to toppling Seattle. Their D-line could be very terrorizing next year, though they have issues in the secondary.

SF beat a team with an injured QB, congrats.

Carolina's WR corps wouldn't be such a question mark if Cam Newton weren't coming off ankle surgery and a RB stable that faces durability issues with Stewart and Williams.

The defense will keep them in games. Not sure how much you'll get out the offense.

Carolina's WR corps wouldn't be such a question mark if Cam Newton weren't coming off ankle surgery and a RB stable that faces durability issues with Stewart and Williams.

The defense will keep them in games. Not sure how much you'll get out the offense.

Cam will be healthier this year than he's ever been in his pro career. He injured his ankle while at Auburn playing against LSU.

The last 3 years he's played through the pain all season, then rehabbed in the off season. This year it wasn't healing so they operated & fixed it.

In 3 years he has ran for 2,032 Yd 28 Td on a bum ankle. Can't wait to see what he does with 2 good wheels.

Gonna be interesting to see how the NFC South does, since everyone is slurping the NFC West. Yes, I know Atlanta and Tampa Bay weren't great, but Arizona gives me 2010 Bucs-vibes and the Rams are a pass rush and nothing else.

My SB prediction- Panthers over Jets. Why? Defense wins championships, as long as the QB doesn't screw it up.

Defense, defense, defense will determine this year's champion.

Look at last year. You don't need a QB to win (As far as I'm concerned, Russell Wilson is EJ Manuel with good health).

My SB prediction- Panthers over Jets. Why? Defense wins championships, as long as the QB doesn't screw it up.

Look at last year. You don't need a QB to win (As far as I'm concerned, Russell Wilson is EJ Manuel with good health).

bb964525161b6fe600ae3fac51b9e3a6.jpg

What?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Panthers have some big question marks but they are a plausible Super Bowl contender.

But the Jets? Wut?

Gonna be interesting to see how the NFC South does, since everyone is slurping the NFC West. Yes, I know Atlanta and Tampa Bay weren't great, but Arizona gives me 2010 Bucs-vibes and the Rams are a pass rush and nothing else.

Atlanta almost HAS to rebound and Tampa has the ingredients of being a spoiler. My money's still on the Saints if only because they're just one year better (and yes I wear my homer tag proudly come at me bruh). Although admittedly, I see us finishing with another 10-6/11-5 but the lowest record in the NFC South being 6-10 or 7-9.

GR30a5H.png

SF beat a team in the Divisional Round of the PLAYOFFS, congrats.
Fixed. It doesn't matter how you win in the playoffs, only that you won. Plus, Carolina had a lead. No excuses. The better team won.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

SF beat a team in the Divisional Round of the PLAYOFFS, congrats.
Fixed. It doesn't matter how you win in the playoffs, only that you won. Plus, Carolina had a lead. No excuses. The better team won.

Not everybody can go 8-8 for 2 decades like Dallas.

Archived