2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

Jay Gruden is the new head coach of the Redskins. That will be a complete disaster.

and Hue Jackson is the Bengals' new offensive coordinator. Don't know how I feel about that, but I'm leaning towards not liking it.

michael-scott-no.gif

You can have your draft pick back this season in exchange for your next 4 first rounders.

EDIT-

Jay Gruden Everybody

God this is going to suck, we'll be 4-12 permanently under Gruden. RG3's career will be ruined, we'll draft a bunch of busts, Dan Snyder will re-name the team.

I need a new :censored: team.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gruden just killed his coaching career. As for Hue Jackson being the new OC, maybe that is what the Bengals need. The Bengals need to start throwing a lot more. They have a ton of receivers with speed. Just need to make sure someone else is throwing the ball.

...Johnny Manziel will be the next Tim Tebow of the NFL. Three years and he will be on TV commentating College Football Games.

I thought Hue was more of a run first type of coach.

Well when he was with Oakland all he had to work with was McFadden lol.

I can just see Washington's fantasy stats for next season. I wouldn't pick anyone on that team. The whole game RG3 will constantly be throwing three yard out passes. Morris and Helu will split duties, so Morris' value just went down the drain. Garcon's value will drop considerably too because Gruden does not believe in the long ball.

The difference between Manziel and Cam Newton is that Cam Newton is huge.

Manziel is a better Colt McCoy who will get ragdolled if he's on the wrong team. If he's on the right team, like Russell Wilson, he'll be fine. The problem is that Russell Wilson was a third round pick and Manziel will go to a bad team high in the draft.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As a Bengals fan, I'm glad Gruden's out. He got WAY too much credit for what his players produced. If anyone deserves credit for the Bengals' offense, it's their expanded scouting and player development teams -- a sure sign of a sh¡t coordinator is not having a gameplan tailored to your opponents' weaknesses. Ask the Chargers about ol' Jaybird's scheme.

I think Hue Jackson's a good move. He was undeservedly fired in Oakland, and I think he'll use Gio Bernard appropriately, unlike Gruden.

Is he Sam Wyche? No, but he's hardly the lame duck some people are making him out to be.

Sigs are for sissies.

As a Bengals fan, I'm glad Gruden's out. He got WAY too much credit for what his players produced. If anyone deserves credit for the Bengals' offense, it's their expanded scouting and player development teams -- a sure sign of a sh¡t coordinator is not having a gameplan tailored to your opponents' weaknesses. Ask the Chargers about ol' Jaybird's scheme.

I think Hue Jackson's a good move. He was undeservedly fired in Oakland, and I think he'll use Gio Bernard appropriately, unlike Gruden.

Is he Sam Wyche? No, but he's hardly the lame duck some people are making him out to be.

Hue was not let go in OAK due to his coaching, he was let go because he tried to stage a coup in terms of team operations following the death of Al Davis. His decisions helped deepen the Raiders lack of talent and dead money. And while he and the incoming GM Reggie Mackenzie share the same agent, they could not work together.

The Redskins defense needs to have a team that can grind out the 20 play drives, because they can't afford to be on the field for long. The thing is, the Redskins don't have the skill-set (or the consistency) to effectively run a slow-paced offense.

The Redskins defense needs to have a team that can grind out the 20 play drives, because they can't afford to be on the field for long. The thing is, the Redskins don't have the skill-set (or the consistency) to effectively run a slow-paced offense.

Um, what? With Morris they can run it down the other team's throat, given of course that the line holds up (pretty big if) and RG3 gets a full offseason of healthy work this summer, he will be much sharper and will be able to make the opposing defenses pay for stacking 8-9 men in the box to defend Morris.

Also, I hope RG3's running ability is going to be limited with Gruden on the sideline (which for him is good, as we found out this year, defenses have figured out the Read Option, which also will help him stay healthy). If given an opportunity the Redskins definitely have an offense that can slow down and run the ball every once in a while.

But my question is: Why would you slow down? Given that they have enough consistency and chemistry to keep a good drive going both ways, why slow it down when going faster would significantly help your offense go down the field, the defense will have more trouble with a hurry-up then they will with a huddling offense. Plus, given the Redskins defense, you don't even know if rest will even be that big of a factor against some of the teams they will play.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Why does everyone feel that Manziel will be a bust in the NFL? Is there something that much wrong with his game, or is it more wishful hoping on your behalf that he fails?

Folks were saying the same thing about Cam Newton, and all he's done is gotten the Panthers a division championship and a 12-4 record in his third season.

From what I gathered its mainly people worried about him keeping healthy.

He's great at extendng and making plays but in the NFL that "Organized Chaos" approach rarely works. He's also not built like Cam Newton, Big Ben, or even Josh Freeman who could take a lick or two. There's concerns if he's gunna be a Mike Vick who relies on his ability to move more (or at least is quick to give up on plays before really checking other options) than his ability to pass.

TYBG

Indo get rolled up like car windows,
Avoiding the policeman them Carl Winslows

Morris is a great RB, one of the glaring issues the Redskins had this year (offensively) was RGIII coming back from injury and obviously not being 100% or at least not being 100% confident in how well his body will hold up in lieu of all he went through that offseason. Once RGIII is fully healthy and got more confidence the Redskins will be a bit better in the run game/controlling the clock. Two years ago when they made the playoffs they were much better in that sense.

At least conventional thinking would say that... considering they bought in an offensive minded Head Coach when they KNOW they have a pourous defense.

*Sidenote about RGIII and anyone else with a serious injury like that: I think it was a bit unrealistic and unfair to expect guys to come back on the Adrian Peterson schedule... AP is the epitome of "the exception, not the rule" lol.

TYBG

Indo get rolled up like car windows,
Avoiding the policeman them Carl Winslows

DScruggy729: I get your opinion, believing the offense will be better this upcoming season, because RGIII will be fully healed, but first off, like you said, IF the line holds up... that's a big IF with the Skins. I also would like to believe he is every bit as good as he displayed in his rookie year because I like the guy, but part of me wonders whether it was a stellar, yet lucky year or not. I ask will he be the same? I'd like to think so, and I think the key to him getting better is slowing the game down until he understands it better (I know, to tell a starting QB that he needs to understand football better would be crazy, but I think for him to be dominant in the air and on the ground the way he wants to be, and do it safely, he needs to understand it like... Belichick-understood.), and by slowing the offense down, keeping the defense off the field. Just my opinion, but then again, what do I know? ;)

Kon Karne: Even as a Lions fan I realise no ones on AP's level. The man is a beast. RGIII will be back, and hopefully better than before, so long as he sticks to using his arm, primarily, but as I said to DScruggy729, was it just a lucky year? No one can deny that his season was trashed in part because of his knee, but is that all? Maybe he's not as good as everyone thinks? I hope not. I liked the kid since Baylor.

Archived