2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had prayed the above comment was sarcasm, and not mere stupidity by someone who made an account and knows nothing about football, or any other sport for that matter (of course, I could have noted the 9, 605 posts), because no one has passed the ball more than my Lions and the Cowboys in the past years.

Bad idea for the Cowboys. I agree with the article writer on the Cowboys being too finesse. They have some quality backs. I don't think they should abandon the passing game, they have two great receivers. But balance it out. Not going to happen with Scott Linehan.

The Cowboys are going to end up 7th in the NFC AGAIN. What a joke. So much talent (offensively, in an offensive league) put to waste.

Looks like NBC's going to acquire the Thursday Night Football package. If so it really makes me wonder if the NFL Network's cost would drop dramatically. A lot of subscribers only have that network to see TNF.

This is going to sound silly, but as a West Coast resident, it was a blast seeing a football game in the evening with the San Diego-Oakland matchup playing at 8:35 PM. I know it was absurd to see an NFL game start at 11:30 PM for the East Coast and ending at 2:30 AM but I figure WHY THE HELL NOT? Fourteen solid hours of football is the dream, isn't it?

Ideally, I'd say give NBC the Thursday Night Football package and the NFL Network can have this new "Late Night Football" series of games that starts at 8PM PST/11PM EST.

GR30a5H.png

Why would he leave once the team got good? They remind me of the Chiefs, they're missing a quarterback. That's it. Matt Schaub, maybe?

I don't think Schuab would be much of an upgrade over a rejuvenated Carson Palmer. If the Cards get a QB, draft a developmental guy in the third round and let him learn behind Palmer for the next few years, the Free Agent QB Market is full of washed-up-hasbeens that aren't even quality starters anymore.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The Cardinals may want to take a look at Michael Vick. In the right system, I still think he can thrive. He's shown that he's not willing to protect himself by sliding when he takes off running, and that will continue to hurt him as he hasn't played a full season in forever, but with a new coach and better system and star receiver, maybe he'd be less likely to get himself killed.

He proved this year that he's an excellent leader, even when he was relegated to backup. He's a completely different person than he was earlier in his career, and while he's not in that top-tier of QBs by any stretch, I think he could be an asset to several teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL says CBS will televise eight of its Thursday night games next season

CBS won bidding for the games, an increasingly valuable property for network television. The games will be simulcast on the NFL Network and come during the first half of the season. The league's cable network will keep the second-half games for itself.

The NFL says the contract is for one year, and the league has an option to extend it for 2015. The CBS lead broadcasting team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will be in the booth for all 16 games.

Somebody like Aaron Murray or AJ McCarron? Be a good low risk high reward for any team in the draft I think.

I can see either of them working. Like you said, they have low risk, but a high reward.

I personally think Murray would be the better pro slightly more then AJ McCarron.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Somebody like Aaron Murray or AJ McCarron? Be a good low risk high reward for any team in the draft I think.

I can see either of them working. Like you said, they have low risk, but a high reward.

I personally think Murray would be the better pro slightly more then AJ McCarron.

Murray's ACL is his issue, but for McCarron his issue is overconfidence.

McCarron skipped out on the Senior Bowl, claiming he needed to rest, but was in NYC for the Super Bowl the following week. And he is not going to throw at the Combine because he is not familiar with the receivers. He (and his agent) believe that he because he was a winner in the SEC, he is going to be a top 20 pick.

McCarron skipped out on the Senior Bowl, claiming he needed to rest, but was in NYC for the Super Bowl the following week. And he is not going to throw at the Combine because he is not familiar with the receivers. He (and his agent) believe that he because he was a winner in the SEC, he is going to be a top 20 pick.

But Murray don't need to play right away he can be a 3-5 round pick take the year to learn to offense and then 2015 compete for the starting job. McCarron? Ya that info is def not good. He might as well ride his gf's image.

But Murray don't need to play right away he can be a 3-5 round pick take the year to learn to offense and then 2015 compete for the starting job. McCarron? Ya that info is def not good. He might as well ride his gf's image.

Especially given a situation like Arizona, where Murray wouldn't need to be rushed into action and allow his ACL to fully heal and be able to compete for the Cards' starting job.

Hypothetically speaking Aaron Murray gets drafted by Arizona of course.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL says CBS will televise eight of its Thursday night games next season

CBS won bidding for the games, an increasingly valuable property for network television. The games will be simulcast on the NFL Network and come during the first half of the season. The league's cable network will keep the second-half games for itself.

The NFL says the contract is for one year, and the league has an option to extend it for 2015. The CBS lead broadcasting team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will be in the booth for all 16 games.

So the rich get richer? The previous report said that NBC was willing to throw $800M at the NFL for the Thursday Night package but this seems to be a compromise that still benefits the NFL Network. CBS is the one public channel who already had the strongest Thursday night lineup on television so "loaning" it out to the NFL seems more like the league wanted the exposure more than CBS wanted them.

Still going to be odd though and especially if the games continue to be of poorer quality (the only good Thursday Night game had BOTH of the QBs go out with season-ending injuries...).

GR30a5H.png

Archived