rvrdgsfn

Another day, another Volkswagen rumor....

Red Bull is allegedly flirting with a change of engine supplier, according to reports in Germamy.

Helmut Marko has told Sport Bild that the reigning world champion team will assess the progress made by current supplier Renault at the time of their home Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring in June. There might be another way. Red Bull already has close commercial ties to Volkswagen, the German carmaker giant.

“Volkswagen is already in other racing series, with engines that are similar to Formula 1 technology,” hinted Marko. (GMM)

I tell you, its not like we can go a whole year without hearing about Volkswagen in F1....

Reports have emerged in Japan suggesting that Honda is considering buying into McLaren.

After a six year absence, the Japanese car manufacturer is returning to Formula 1 next year, initially as McLaren’s works supplier of V6 turbo engines.

Interesting...

With VW coming into F1...that has been fleeting talk and rumors for a number of years now. I know Red Bull is talking about how VW is involved in other motor racing series but it's not just that simple for a engine manufacturer to create an F1 engine and let a team use. I don't think the FIA would just let that happen. They have a cap right now on engine manufacturers. There would tons of testing and design certifications required to be followed through FIA. Plus there is no way VW has a prototype F1 V6 turbocharged engine ready to go through testing prior to Austria. I just think RBR is just making excuses because Mercedes has been developing the V6 turbo engine for a couple years in advance of 2014 season and RBR has been caught down their preverbal pants down. I think the 2014 season belongs to the Silver Arrows and it'll come down to either Rosberg or Hamilton for the title. Hell the constructor's title is already wrapped up.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang it....

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-formula-will-defer-formula-one-entry-until-2016/

Haas Formula will defer its Formula One debut until 2016, Motorsports.com has learned.

The decision to wait an extra year will offer the organization more time to put its program together and align itself with the proper partners moving forward.

Although team owner Gene Haas said on Sunday morning that he was “leaning towards Ferrari” because “they’re more open to what we need to do” the additional time could open other doors for the rookie team with other technical partners.

Although, as much as I wanted to see Haas make this year, maybe its for the best, I just hope they get in.

baltimoreravens.png

There are reports coming out of Mercedes that tensions are really high between Rosberg and Hamilton with Hamilton accusing Rosberg of deliberately going off the Monaco track to stop him challenging for pole. All I can say is WOW! Hamilton needs to keep focused on his driving and not what Rosberg might be doing. I don't think Rosberg intentionally went off the Monaco track during qualifying to stop Hamilton from possibily taking pole. If you watch the replay of the incident, he lost control of the car and regained it prior to the Mirabeau exit. "Mercedes boss Niki Lauda says he will talk to Lewis Hamilton before the next race in Canada to smooth over the tense situation within the team."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/27569287

Dang it....

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-formula-will-defer-formula-one-entry-until-2016/

Haas Formula will defer its Formula One debut until 2016, Motorsports.com has learned.

The decision to wait an extra year will offer the organization more time to put its program together and align itself with the proper partners moving forward.

Although team owner Gene Haas said on Sunday morning that he was “leaning towards Ferrari” because “they’re more open to what we need to do” the additional time could open other doors for the rookie team with other technical partners.

Although, as much as I wanted to see Haas make this year, maybe its for the best, I just hope they get in.

I have seen nothing from some major sites I go on like Autosport or F1Fanatic about Haas deferring the entry to '16 and the author of the article mostly covers NASCAR so I could see this as creditable in this case with the Hass connection but until I see or hear it from either Bernie or some of the sites I listed I will take this with a grain of salt. But this will not be another USF1 ordeal.

A few more things

Le Mans test day is this Saturday with the race in 2 weeks after that and Toyota are going in as favorites but as Audi will be quick to remind anyone that Le Mans plays no favorites. But the real questions are how will Porsche do in their return and will the Nissan Zeod RC do some thing that the Deltawing did not: Finish the 24 hours

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Well that's a shame about Haas F1...would have liked to see them in 2015. But if it means the team will be more stable both on and off the track, it's for the best.

As for Le Mans testing, is testing going to be shown live on Speed or do we need to watch it by other means? :P

There will be no streams of test day but RadioLeMans.com will cover it as well as this weekends 12 hours of Zandvoort. I recommend anyone to listen to their programming and race coverages because they are THE source for sportscar racing plus there live radio show "Midweek Motorsport" is better than most tv shows on racing

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Wow I have been listening to the RadioLeMans.com coverage of the 12 hours of Zandvoort and I am quite impressed with the level of knowledge of the commentators and race coverage. I've listened race coverage of F1 races on BBC in the past and this is on par with BBC. Can you say bookmark :P Thanks.

In Formula One news, the Hamilton/Rosberg not a repeat of Prost/Senna says Mercedes-Benz Motorsport boss Toto Wolff. The intense rivalry between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg is "very different" to that of Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, according to Mercedes-Benz Motorsport boss Toto Wolff. Tensions between Hamilton and Rosberg came to the fore last weekend in Monaco, with the Briton upset to be denied a chance to snatch pole when yellow flags flew after Rosberg out-braked himself at Mirabeau. Rosberg went on to win from Hamilton, retaking the lead of a championship that looks increasingly likely to be decided between the pair. Neither man communicated in the immediate aftermath of either qualifying or the race, but Wolff insists such tensions are normal when fighting for a world title. "There have been a lot of comparisons to the Senna/Prost scenario, which is a kind of compliment to both Lewis and Nico," Wolff said on the team's official website, "but the situation here is very different. "The racing philosophy of Mercedes-Benz is to allow our drivers to compete: we let the boys play with their toys, unless they break them. "Sure, it can be pretty tense when they are racing so hard, but this intensity is normal: they are both competitive guys and they are fighting for a world championship. "The drivers know we will not tolerate any incident." Wolff stressed that Rosberg and Hamilton's relationship was a secondary concern behind the collective goals of the team. "We have seen a lot of talk about their relationship, but that's not the key thing for a successful campaign: the drivers need to work with and for the team first of all," he added. "They have a competitive car with exactly the same strengths and weaknesses, so they need to fight for every little advantage wherever they can."

Are you guys serious? You would've liked to see Haas in F1 in 2015? Do you want to see him fail. When he said that he wanted a team and would start in 2015 or 2016, I was blown away by the stupidity of even thinking you could even think of starting in 2015. That was like 9 months from when he was awarded the spot. Take as much time as you can and develop what you need to develop. As much as NASCAR is an expensive and money draining sport, Gene Haas has no clue how expensive and money draining F1 is. Take all the time to put the best out there that you can. I just see him doing this for 2-3 years and then selling the investment to someone else as it will get too expensive for him. As much as I want to see him succeed, I just don't think he has a clue of what he's getting into. It's nice that he realized that 2015 is not possible, but we've all seen guys who think they can get into motorsports and have no clue what they're doing and their gone in 2-3 years if that. I see the same with Gene Haas and F1, because it's a different beast than NASCAR is. He hasn't even thought about travel costs, he might go bankrupt on just travel expenses.

Well, when you put it that way, maybe its best that Haas delays his F1 journey, I just hope he doesn't back out.

Results from Duel 1 in Detroit:

1. Power

2. Rahal

3.Kanaan

4. Wilson

5. Castroneves

6. Hinchcliffe

7. Munoz

8. Huertas

9. Kimball

10. Andretti

Power & Rahal were very close to each other, both of them had great cars, hopefully duel 2 will be as good.

baltimoreravens.png

Well, when you put it that way, maybe its best that Haas delays his F1 journey, I just hope he doesn't back out.

1. Power

2. Rahal

3.Kanaan

4. Wilson

5. Castroneves

6. Hinchcliffe

7. Munoz

8. Huertas

9. Kimball

10. Andretti

Power & Rahal were very close to each other, both of them had great cars, hopefully duel 2 will be as good.

IndyCar officiating is inconstant at best, shows favoritism at worst. Power blocks but never penalized for it...AGAIN.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

1. Power

2. Rahal

3.Kanaan

4. Wilson

5. Castroneves

6. Hinchcliffe

7. Munoz

8. Huertas

9. Kimball

10. Andretti

IndyCar officiating is inconstant at best, shows favoritism at worst. Power blocks but never penalized for it...AGAIN.

:censored: Will Power.

Sucked to see Hawksworth out of the running so early. Looking forward to tomorrow's race.

6fQjS3M.png

F1 news:

FIA has granted Romanian-backed F1 team FRR to compete in the 2015 season. This was announced after Haas has placed an extension to his F1 team until 2016. The FRR team will have a Renault power plant and a car built by previous HRT and Force India boss Colin Kolles.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/formula-1/f1-fia-grants-f1-entry-to-romanian-backed-frr-team/

Pirelli Motorsport Director Paul Hembery admitted that the tyre supplier is willing to experiment with wider tyres in an attempt to re-balance aerodynamic and mechanical

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9336346/Pirelli-open-to-experimentationgrip

Now it's official:

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/06/04/haas-the-plan-is-absolutely-to-launch-in-2016/

“The plan is absolutely to launch in 2016 and we are fully committed to that,” said Haas. “I don’t think there is any doubt about that whatsoever.”

Initially, the plan was to have the first Haas car built by the Italian manufacturer Dallara, while leaning heavily on Ferrari for technical support.

Haas said: “I think [that by debuting in 2016] we will be a better team because we will have more time to plan and we will be able to do a lot more engineering in Kannapolis.

It also said he will be at Montreal this Sunday as well to get more input, but it makes sense to wait though. This will be a huge attempt so better to have him a season late than not at all.
meanwhile in Kannapolis...
V3-140529969.jpg
if you build it, they will come.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived