NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...the Kings draft hat finally makes sense. The old wordmark is coming back!

Great change.

Am I the only one who thinks the lowercase "Kings" wordmark they've been using now is much superior to that script from the primary logo used during the Webber/Divac-era?

Also, a good move by the Kings to have straightened the crown. I saw no reason for it to be skewed like it was.

It was skewed because the i in the lower-case Kings wordmark was at an angle. They just left it as is and didn't straighten it out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ok...the Kings draft hat finally makes sense. The old wordmark is coming back!

Great change.

Am I the only one who thinks the lowercase "Kings" wordmark they've been using now is much superior to that script from the primary logo used during the Webber/Divac-era?

Also, a good move by the Kings to have straightened the crown. I saw no reason for it to be skewed like it was.

It was skewed because the i in the lower-case Kings wordmark was at an angle. They just left it as is and didn't straighten it out.

Yep, that's what I thought. Still don't see a point for it to be skewed on it's own.

This wordmark is alot better design wise.

ugldm0mwgu76ma6qep5h0035a.gif

...but using the Primary logo's wordmark on the current template is actually a decent look.

I do like that mark, but just not for a sports uniform. "KINGS" should be in caps, as it's supposed to convey a strong... powerfull presence.

The Sacremento wordmark was beyond horrible. Not the absolute worst thing in the world, but down there.

I don't get why teams don't play with the NOB under the number - especially the kings. It just makes a lot more sense to me to put it there on a basketball uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

...but using the Primary logo's wordmark on the current template is actually a decent look.

I do like that mark, but just not for a sports uniform. "KINGS" should be in caps, as it's supposed to convey a strong... powerfull presence.

The Sacremento wordmark was beyond horrible. Not the absolute worst thing in the world, but down there.

I don't get why teams don't play with the NOB under the number - especially the kings. It just makes a lot more sense to me to put it there on a basketball uniform.

How so? Why does it make more sense to have the name under the number on a basketball uniform, but not any other sports uniform?

How so? Why does it make more sense to have the name under the number on a basketball uniform, but not any other sports uniform?

Because the area above the number is much smaller on a basketball uniform than any other due to the cut. Under the number provides a long rectangular area that could hold a lot of letters and prevent the ridiculous arches that exist now on some names. Other sports don't have that issue

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Because the area above the number is much smaller on a basketball uniform than any other due to the cut. Under the number provides a long rectangular area that could home a lot of letters and prevent the ridiculous arches that exist now on some names. Other sports don't have that issue

Good point.

You guys its a Vince Carter throwback!!

Amir Johnson showed up in this retro to confirmed Raptors were bringing these unis back for the 2014-15 season a few months ago. Wake up! Would be no different if Nerlens Noel was wearing a Phila #6 jersey or Rose wore #23 Chicago "cursive" jersey. Chill.

Ps. Interesting no NBA logo on the front though??

Calm down please. And also, you're a little late to the party. The NBA announced the logo would move to the back of the jersey like the MLB when the Hornets unveiled their uniforms.
You must be new here. 1) i am calm. You obviously didnt read above people freaking out about Lowry wearing #15 like he has a new number. 2) I ALREADY KNEW that about NBA logo to the back. I was saying interesting that we were clued to the logo in the back few months ago and didnt realize it. Interesting they are starting to produce throwbacks this way Responding to Old School Fool.

I just realized something. They showed that Raptors jersey being modeled in February or so, and someone here pointed out that there was no NBA logo on the front. We basically we're clued in early on that the NBA logo was moving from the front of the jersey. It's going to look really stupid on throwbacks, though.

Look both ways before you cross the street Griffin.

To griffin's defense, the way you wrote it make it sound like you were surprised that there wasn't a logo on the front. As if you didn't know about the change.
I loathe massive or double quotes thats why I guess it didn't come off the way it did. But figured people would take into context the previous posts. Oh well. Commence the clutter. Thanks for the knowledge. Lesson learned you have to be very specific here. Sry I should have known better.

@TaylorMade

Yes, Amir also wears #15 that is why I didnt think it was a throwback then but after Lowry's tweet..I realized that it is!

Also, I'm not new here. I've been on this board for nearly 4 years. The fact that you've never seen one of my 4700+ posts amazes me.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Adam Keefe scored 3107 career points in 9 years in the NBA. But there are alot of people who dont have a clue who he is.

As was cleared up above, I guess we Griffin, we can chalk this up to simple miscommunication on both sides. No worries. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

shado_logo.gif

I mentioned a few days ago about the different number fonts on the banners hanging at the Sixers workout facility...now there is a story floating locally about a potential logo adjustment...(not Ben Franklin related).....

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/could-the-sixers-be-making-the-most-minor-tweak-to-their-logo.html

Mentioned in the Crossing Broad article, here are the practice jerseys:

Brvtg0zCUAAMQ1I.jpg

Looks like the Kings are getting new uniforms? The team seems to be phasing out Maloof-era branding and going back to the old wordmark.

Brq9ItWCAAA-wIv.jpg

Link to the original tweet: https://twitter.com/georgetakata/status/484907872883449858

Good find! Most recently their jerseys have been more less combination of tweaks not really am overhaul compared to early 90s when they switched from RWB to Purple silver and black.

I'd like it if they kept the "Sacramento" wordmark from the current set and moved the NOB on the alt to below the number, but that's a minor issue. I'm liking this tweak (if it's official, considering the logo sheet we saw previously had no wordmark changes).

Looks legit. What is that thing about the NBA logo? Looks like a small gold spec on the collar

maybe a crown? nice find

spacer.png

spacer.png

I mentioned a few days ago about the different number fonts on the banners hanging at the Sixers workout facility...now there is a story floating locally about a potential logo adjustment...(not Ben Franklin related).....

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/could-the-sixers-be-making-the-most-minor-tweak-to-their-logo.html

Brvtg0zCUAAMQ1I.jpg

The blue jerseys would look great with the PHILA wordmark on them... if they went to a more traditional striping pattern.

Put PHILA in red with a white outline, keep the numbers white, and done. Or, keep it as is with the white - it works on the blue (but I hate it on the red and white.)

The white would look better with red outlines around the blue letters. Then they could keep the numbers solid red.

Looks like the Kings are getting new uniforms? The team seems to be phasing out Maloof-era branding and going back to the old wordmark.

Brq9ItWCAAA-wIv.jpg

Link to the original tweet: https://twitter.com/georgetakata/status/484907872883449858

Good find! Most recently their jerseys have been more less combination of tweaks not really am overhaul compared to early 90s when they switched from RWB to Purple silver and black.

I'd like it if they kept the "Sacramento" wordmark from the current set and moved the NOB on the alt to below the number, but that's a minor issue. I'm liking this tweak (if it's official, considering the logo sheet we saw previously had no wordmark changes).

Looks legit. What is that thing about the NBA logo? Looks like a small gold spec on the collar

maybe a crown? nice find

The kings needed this for along long time

Brvtg0zCUAAMQ1I.jpg

Is it me or does the new basketball on the 76ers logo look exactly like the one on the NY Knicks logo, albeit flipped horizontally?

basketball_zpsb6cb7207.jpg

Archived