NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With LeBron going back to Cleveland do you guys think the Cavs will switch back to the jerseys from this era? I can't see LeBron making his triumphant return to their garbage jerseys.

This

lebron-james-cavs-zumasportsworld334706-

These in the new colors would look great

With LeBron going back to Cleveland do you guys think the Cavs will switch back to the jerseys from this era? I can't see LeBron making his triumphant return to their garbage jerseys.

This

lebron-james-cavs-zumasportsworld334706-

Is so much better than this

Screen-Shot-2014-01-14-at-5.14.38-PM-620

Probably too late at this point for a uniform change. I'd get used to seeing LBJ in the latter.

I could see them possibly using the blue ones more but due to the NBA's limits on alts, I don't think they can use it more a couple times without making it their new third jersey and moving the the gold or red jersey down. If anything, I think they go with what they have and start the process again so they have new uniforms in either 2015 or 2016.

Shows no changes for the Hawks. Same home, road and red alt

Any changes for the Rockets? I've heard we are getting a new cut

from where?

The Houston Chronicle had a blog post on new home and away uniforms with different cut and our third jersey with sleeves for next year. It was deleted shortly after (it had quotes from players as well). Also the CEO fo the Rockets Tad Brown tweeted he would keep us posted on new uniforms.

Shows no changes for the Hawks. Same home, road and red alt

Any changes for the Rockets? I've heard we are getting a new cut

from where?

The Houston Chronicle had a blog post on new home and away uniforms with different cut and our third jersey with sleeves for next year. It was deleted shortly after (it had quotes from players as well). Also the CEO fo the Rockets Tad Brown tweeted he would keep us posted on new uniforms.

interesting

While everybody talks about the Cavs and the possibility of some new uniforms, what about the Heat? I'd rather see them unveiling some new unis next year than the Cavs.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

So I'm doing an internship with the NBA Summer League in Vegas right now, designing. I just got to Vegas yesterday, and pretty much sit thruogh all the games, do all the social media images for NBA SL on Facebook and Twitter, and some digital billboards through the city. The Bucks-Cavs Jabari Parker vs. Andrew Wiggins match up was great today, best game on the docket thus far. The Warriors played today, and some of their players had on an interesting shirt:

PhotoJul11105453PM_zps3a57c705.jpg

I realize it's got the NBA and Adidas logos in it, but sans that, I think it'd make for a great secondary or jersey front. Perhaps it's something in the works, or an alternate.

Maybe it's just purely fashion.

The SL is interesting. Working with the NBA hands on is an amazing experience. Today was only day 1, and I'm here til the 22nd. I'll see what else I can find out here for us NBA aesthetic fans.

You can view some of the SL posts here:

https://www.facebook.com/NBASummerLeague

https://twitter.com/NBASummerLeague

While everybody talks about the Cavs and the possibility of some new uniforms, what about the Heat? I'd rather see them unveiling some new unis next year than the Cavs.

Heat have a pretty strong identity imo. From their colours to wordmarks to logos, it all looks pretty good to me. I reckon they could probably go on decades with just tweaks here and there when necessary.

Heat have a pretty strong identity imo. From their colours to wordmarks to logos, it all looks pretty good to me. I reckon they could probably go on decades with just tweaks here and there when necessary.

Hmm, I understand what you're talking about, but for me their current uniforms never really worked. They doesn't look bad but I still don't like them. Maybe the design seems just too save and facile. What the Heat need imo is something more bold and spirited. And they should reintroduce some orange to their colour scheme. They should also invert the white and the black in their logo.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92688-evolution-of-the-miami-heat-logo/page-2

This thread has some nice options.

Heat_zps44fb5d10.pngMiamiHeat_PropPMK01a_SCC_SRGB.png

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

It'll be funny to see if the same people who call it bland and too simple start to see it as simple and a "modern classic" once Lebron James starts winning games in it.

I happen to like the uniform (though I'd like to see the gold used more) but I really think that a team's performance can cloud people's opinions of their aesthetics.

Also, FWIW - the Heat hit a home run with their update when they went to the new arena (I think that's when they did it). They're killing it with the stupid alts, but their regular home, road, alt, and throwback are pretty much perfect for them, as was their old court with the yellow lane.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It'll be funny to see if the same people who call it bland and too simple start to see it as simple and a "modern classic" once Lebron James starts winning games in it.

Uh-uh. Not gonna happen. Bad is always bad. Lakers' primary logo is bad regardless of the teams' past success.

PhotoJul11105453PM_zps3a57c705.jpg

Congrats on the job but man I maybe in the minority but that logo on a jersey would be HIDEOUS. NEVER liked the original either.

golden-state-warrior-throwback.jpg

The front design is nice but "The City" just like Motor City, Rip City, ATL, or nickname jerseys are just bad IMO. Even the back is cluttered with the number in the trolley. Tshirt looks nice though. Just my unpopular opinion.

shado_logo.gif

So Rockets getting a Pride jersey? I'm sure they will screw this up as well. I've given up on the idea that we will one day re-brand back to our traditional look. I'm sure it will be a sleeved version of our terrible alternate uniforms that say "H-Town." Yuck.

Supposed to get a new cut on the current primary sets as well.

Why we can't just go the New York Knicks route, i don't know.

They need to call up Berlin Wall:

Rockets1_zps5ce5b63f.png

Rockets2_zpsb756495b.png

Archived