Oklahoma NFL concept

JTswag187

http://www.okiraqi.org/nfl-in-okc.html

if you didn't know this website is having a design contest for a team in OKC, so I made an entry. Before I enter I would like some feedback on it

12623823933_f0fa1098bd_o.png

The colors I chose are maroon, brown, and gold. The reason for the gold gradient is to symbolize the Dust Storms they had in Oklahoma.

Also if you have any concepts for this design concept feel free to post them here.

I *get* the reason behind your gradient, but it would look terrible on the field, IMO.

Maybe put a gradient in the logo or wordmark somehow, but keep the uniform fairly "clean?"

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I agree that you should get rid of the gradient, and make some no-frills stripes with the dust color. However, I really love the wagon wheel idea, and the rest of the colors a great. Very OK-y and creative. Try different numbers and name, and this is good.

Also if you have any concepts for this design concept feel free to post them here.

Hope I'm not misunderstanding you here, as I have no intention of hijacking your thread.

I just thought this up five minutes ago, so don't be too rough on it. If some one else wants to take the ideas behind this "concept" and develop them, feel free. All my extracurricular designing is going towards my Broncos overhaul at the moment.

1bOEMd3.jpg

Logo is a triangular funnel cloud. The helmet is meant to depict three of these funnel clouds (one on each side of the helmet and one on the back) coming off the large cloud design on the top of the helmet.

The shoulders mimic this design The logos are on the sleeves of the uniform looking like tornadoes coming out of the clouds of the shoulder yoke.

If anyone thinks they can make something of the basic ideas from this, she's all yours. I'd love to see what it could become.

• 1 month later...

Archived