DHL - Disneyland Hockey League

monkeypower

I'm a big Disney fan and I've always wanted to do some sort of Disneyland concepts but lacked the abilities and the know-how to create my own logos. But when Disney made logos for their March Magic tournament, I was able to finally make the concepts. I only did the logos that were in the Disneyland side of the pool plus some of the Disneyworld logos that are a part of Disneyland as well. I'm starting with the teams from California Adventure park.

The first team cleared for take-off is the... Condor Flats Flyers.

According to legend, Condor Flats was once a destination for pilots and aeronautical innovators. The original hanger located there was a mecca for early Californian air innovators. Then from the 1940's-1960's it was a a hub of rocket and jet testing. In the current days a former test pilot bought the land and started doing tours over California from the original hanger. The remaining building were turned into shops and restaurants. When the DHL expanded, an old unused hanger in Condor Flats was a prime place for a hockey rink. This led to the hockey team who's name and logo is based on the successful air tour business and the history of Condor Flats.

Flyersj_zps6f84af54.png

All of the names and numbers on the jerseys in this series are Hidden Mickeys.

IbjBaeE.png

All of the names and numbers on the jerseys in this series are Hidden Mickeys.

I'll bite.

"Warburton", of course, refers to actor Patrick Warburton, who does the video intro at the "Soarin' Over California" ride, in the Condor Flats area of California Adventure (knew this without looking it up).

"25" refers to the mock up RS 25 rocket engine in front of the ride (thought it may have referred to the number of riders on each ride, but the "25" jumped out at me when I was looking this up to confirm/deny).

It is what it is.

Thanks for the kind words everyone and B-Rich is correct about the name and number.

Next team surfacing up is the... Underwater Tritons.

Named after the king of the sea, King Triton, their fanbase is mostly made up of the underwater inhabitants of his kingdom.The jersey has a unique crown striping representing the royalty the team is named after.

Tritonsj_zps7bb67555.png

IbjBaeE.png

It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, it's time to meet the... MUPPET THEATER HECKLERS.
This team has one crazy fanbase. None of which are more notable than the two who grace the logo and give the team it's name and jersey design. Visiting teams and fans beware as these two will try to throw you off your game. Heck, the home team should be worried as well.
The Hecklers were part of their own independent league until 2004 when they were purchased and absorbed into the DHL.

Hecklersj_zps74bd2f51.png

IbjBaeE.png

After a hiatus, the series is back! I probably have done the most extensive and in-depth research into a CCSLC concept in history... as I have just gotten back from a family vacation to Disneyland.

So hurry, hurry, hurry for the California Screamers.

This team was created as a throwback to past California pier area teams in it's basic jersey striping and team mantra. The jersey striping is based after roller coaster tracks and the upright pillars that hold up the ride that the team was based on.

Screamersj_zpsb7132714.png

IbjBaeE.png

Archived