Atlanta MLS challenge

topheragan

With their colours, would Flames or Reds be out of the question? Are there trademarks on them? "Atlanta Redbacks" would be another one, but I don't know if you have redback spiders in North America.

The other option, if '"Sporting" or "Real" can be used in the MLS, then why not Forest? At least "Atlanta Forest" makes a little bit sense compared to the other two. Going by the "Atlanta Olympic" idea, another Europeanised one could be "FC Georgia Atlantic"

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

The Calgary Flames hockey team began life as the Atlanta Flames. Also, Atlanta isn't near the Atlantic Ocean. So, though on the surface good idea, those names are problematic.

rATMcmK.png

Personally, I think Phoenix, Rise, Rising, or Legion would work pretty great for an Atlanta team name. I think there were some suggestions for "Blaze" but that would be too close to Chicago Fire IMO.

VHj90kn.png

If this gets another silly name like Phoenix or Birds or Atlanta Whatever... jeez and then soccer fans in US wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

I really wonder why you guys in the US are so into kid-made names. If these were real clubs, they would be focused on the city. Atlanta Terminus FC insn't a bad name in that way. I'm picking Atlanta Olympic as in my concept thread.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

If this gets another silly name like Phoenix or Birds or Atlanta Whatever... jeez and then soccer fans in US wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

I really wonder why you guys in the US are so into kid-made names. If these were real clubs, they would be focused on the city. Atlanta Terminus FC insn't a bad name in that way. I'm picking Atlanta Olympic as in my concept thread.

^ Truth

Archived