New Clippers logo/identity?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the Lakers and Clippers should adopt nautical logos, actually.

The Lakers have a tremendous amount of brand equity in their identity. Changing their logo to some gimmicky nautical themed mark would be a huge mistake.

Both the Lakers and Clippers should adopt nautical logos, actually.

The Lakers have a tremendous amount of brand equity in their identity. Changing their logo to some gimmicky nautical themed mark would be a huge mistake.

I agree. They've been the Lakers for so long located in a metro where the nickname has zero relevance you could argue that the definition has evolved to solely representative of basketball and has nothing to do with bodies of water.

Clippers has a little more relevance due to huge presence of the maritime and shipping industry in socal but since the franchise has been in LA there's been zero effort to brand or market anything nautical.

Clippers has a little more relevance due to huge presence of the maritime and shipping industry in socal but since the franchise has been in LA there's been zero effort to brand or market anything nautical.

They've started phasing the nautical imagery back in this year on uniforms and merchandise.

48sqiMq.jpg

UsRIPNQ.jpg

OhJeOVW.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

These are the best unis the Clips ever wore:

san-diego-clippers-uniform-academy-blue-

This and the new ones without sleeves! Oh yea I agree with you ice cap that hat sucks big time but the shirt OWNS!

nothing says bush league ownership like removing old embroidered numbers (40) and replacing them (22) after the jersey has clearly seen extensive use

This and the new ones without sleeves! Oh yea I agree with you ice cap that hat sucks big time but the shirt OWNS!

nothing says bush league ownership like removing old embroidered numbers (40) and replacing them (22) after the jersey has clearly seen extensive use

Ummm.... Almost every team did that in every league until 2000.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

It's always amazed me that Sterling changed the Clippers from that uni and the cool stylistic ship logo that went with it to this monstrosity with the magic lines on the ball that don't even match up.

san-diego-clippers-primary-logo-2-primar

Technically the numbers were screened on, which is why there's such a heavy outline still visible. And like Tubby said, that was SOP for the league until recently, although it was much more prevalent during the 70s/80s.

Technically the numbers were screened on, which is why there's such a heavy outline still visible. And like Tubby said, that was SOP for the league until recently, although it was much more prevalent during the 70s/80s.

Are there other visual examples of this from the 80's90's out there? I'm curious to see if there were other instances that were this noticeable.

Are there other visual examples of this from the 80's90's out there? I'm curious to see if there were other instances that were this noticeable.

I'll try and dig some up, but from what I've noticed over the years the main offenders were the Clippers and the Kansas City Kings, which makes sense as both clubs were notoriously cheap...

I'll try and dig some up, but from what I've noticed over the years the main offenders were the Clippers and the Kansas City Kings, which makes sense as both clubs were notoriously cheap...

No surprises there. Does anyone know approximately how many uniforms a player would use throughout a season. I'd have to think at least 2 per color due to wear/tear/laundering and the need for a backup should one be rendered unusable. Then again there have been instances of replacement/blood jerseys being random numbers and not a second set. I guess the other option would be a player has one of each and only receives a new set when the current set is completely worn through.

That hat is hot garbage but I love the shirt.

I'd rock the hell out of those shorts, and you know my thoughts on the Clippers haha.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived