2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All white again for the Dolphins. WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT! What human being could possibly insist on this weekly decision? It is mind-boggling and it pisses me off. I like the Dolphins but I can't root for them in those horrific uniforms. Yet again, those awesome aqua pants will stay in the closet. I wish I could receive an explanation for this, but we probably never will...

The Dolphins wearing all white isn't an embarassment. Calm down. White head to toe is an accepted, long-time football look. If anything they're wearing is an embarassment it's the crusieline logo they insist on slapping on their helmets.

Love the monochromes today! I'll never understand the hate for them when it's perfectly acceptable for futbol and basketball around the globe to do it.

Different sports have different aesthetic traditions. White pants are perfectly acceptable for football, basketball, baseball, and soccer. They look terrible when it comes to hockey.

^lol where do you people come from?

Football season sees all kinds come out of the woodwork.

All white again for the Dolphins. WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT! What human being could possibly insist on this weekly decision? It is mind-boggling and it pisses me off. I like the Dolphins but I can't root for them in those horrific uniforms. Yet again, those awesome aqua pants will stay in the closet. I wish I could receive an explanation for this, but we probably never will...

The Dolphins wearing all white isn't an embarassment. Calm down. White head to toe is an accepted, long-time football look. If anything they're wearing is an embarassment it's the crusieline logo they insist on slapping on their helmets.

Love the monochromes today! I'll never understand the hate for them when it's perfectly acceptable for futbol and basketball around the globe to do it.

Different sports have different aesthetic traditions. White pants are perfectly acceptable for football, basketball, baseball, and soccer. They look terrible when it comes to hockey.

^lol where do you people come from?

Football season sees all kinds come out of the woodwork.

Yea it's a decent look for maybe the Colts or Cardinals, but not the Dolphins. Their white over aqua is unique and is one of the best looking uniforms in the league. From 2008-2011, they wore this every time they were the visiting team and the home team was in its colored jersey, which was a nice change from the white at home and actually showed off their color. Now it's all white all the time for whatever reason and everyone hates it.

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 16 (Part 1)

Titans @ Jaguars

eUjA7.jpgXKCsGyA.jpg

Chargers @ 49ers

Oyp5KxV.jpgnP5Er.jpg

Eagles @ Redskins

6EQ7Uuc.jpgZSeIG.jpg

Vikings @ Dolphins

PIMFz7J.jpgpiDGNmj.jpg?1

Ravens @ Texans

HMzGnHE.jpg8SRBN.jpg

Here are my predictions:

Saints black on gold

Bills white on blue (lost last game in all white, won in blue pants, blue pants seem to be the main choice anyway)

Bengals all black

Cardinals all red (never go back to red on white at this point)

Browns white on brown

I'd be shocked if more than one of these things don't happen.

Here are my predictions:

Saints black on gold

Bills white on blue (lost last game in all white, won in blue pants, blue pants seem to be the main choice anyway)

Bengals all black

Browns white on brown

I'd be shocked if less than 4 of these 5 things don't happen.

Uniform combos for the entire season are turned into the league before the start of the season. So using reasoning based on how a team performed the last time a team wore this or that is invalid as they can't change without getting permission from the league to do so.

Here are my predictions:

Saints black on gold

Bengals all black

Browns white on brown

I'd be shocked if less than 4 of these 5 things don't happen.

Uniform combos for the entire season are turned into the league before the start of the season. So using reasoning based on how a team performed the last time a team wore this or that is invalid as they can't change without getting permission from the league to do so.

Only the jersey colors are determined before the season starts. Teams choose pants colors the week of each game. Most of the assumptions I have made on this thread have been correct, so I'm just using my general knowledge.

Not true... it is the entire combo that is turned in... that is why the Chiefs had to seek permission from the league to wear all Red a few weeks ago as they wanted to to honor Eric Berry as it is his favorite combo.

This says otherwise. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12005690/mono-color-uniforms-twice-nice-uni-watch

Go A's!

My completely unfounded predictions (last week nailed Bucs to the socks and got the Jets mono green right. )

Vikings go Purple/Purple/Purple

Bills in White/White/Blue

Steelers in bumble bees

Seahawks go Navy/Wolf Gray/Navy

Cardinals go white/red/red

Bengals go orange/black/black

My completely unfounded predictions (last week nailed Bucs to the socks and got the Jets mono green right. )

Steelers in bumble bees

The Steelers aren't going to use the bumble bee alternates again this year, and if you read what was above, you'd see the Seahawks did not submit the gray/blue combo earlier this year AND they've already used gray twice so they can't use it again.

Bengals mono black and Cardinals mono red seems to be a popular prediction (really hopes neither happen)

Once again, someone is predicting the Vikings go full-purple this week. The only week during the last month that this guess was skipped was last week, when they were obviously going to wear white in Detroit. Let me say, I'll be beyond shocked if the Vikings pull out that ugly combo on the road. There might be a better chance in the final week against Chicago (and I'm sure that prediction will be dropped in this thread), but I'd really like to think the Vikings have retired that nonsense. Their current Purple over white = awesome. The all purple = nauseating.

Once again, someone is predicting the Vikings go full-purple this week. The only week during the last month that this guess was skipped was last week, when they were obviously going to wear white in Detroit. Let me say, I'll be beyond shocked if the Vikings pull out that ugly combo on the road. There might be a better chance in the final week against Chicago (and I'm sure that prediction will be dropped in this thread), but I'd really like to think the Vikings have retired that nonsense. Their current Purple over white = awesome. The all purple = nauseating.

Only reason I said it was because it's an away game where they have to wear a color jersey. Most teams have taken to presenting a different look when on the road a against a white jersey wearing team. That's the same logic I used guessing the Jets would go mono green last week against the Titans.

Steelers in bumble bees

The Steelers aren't going to use the bumble bee alternates again this year, and if you read what was above, you'd see the Seahawks did not submit the gray/blue combo earlier this year AND they've already used gray twice so they can't use it again.

Bengals mono black and Cardinals mono red seems to be a popular prediction (really hopes neither happen)

Steelers have only worn it once, right? And I didn't know about the Hawks

Archived