2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Everyone settle down and I'll give you real answer.

The answer is both -- SOME teams have very specific things they want in a uniform and design it themselves, or just use the design they had been using, and Nike manufactures it as best they can, (for this you can blame nike and their uniform template for things like the Jets sleve stripes looking weird)

SOME teams turn to Nike for the design - and at the end of the day of couse the TEAM will have final say as to the overall look, they arent forced to wear whatever Nike gives them (not in the NFL at least) - but SOME teams will trust Nike to know what is the hot trend, a great color scheme, a good look for the team. So they will give Nike full design control - but then as I said the team will always have the final say.

As for the Bucs - my assumption is its a clear example of the later - I know the Bucs have a good graphics team but I don't beleive the Bucs in house designers created this look. I think Nike designed it based on some suggestions from the team and then the Bucs ultimatly approved it. Take it for whatever its worth.

Its Christmas please calm down everyone!

Things you can blame Nike for: Weird flywire colars, mismatched sweat colors, awkward sleeve stripes, backwards nike logo on sleeve

Things you can blame the Team for: Overall design of uniform and logo (they have final say), Color scheme, team name, anniversary patches

BONUS: Things you can blame the NFL for: Mismatched throwback uniform helmets, pink-tober

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike gets a bit more of a say in those uniforms where they get design control over. If a team's choice is Door #1: :censored:, Door #2: crap, Door #3: :censored: ty crap...well why are we blaming the team again?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If I owned a team, league and manufacturer logos on the unis would be verboten. Captain patches, too. None of that clutter was necessary in the 70's and just as true in 2014.

If I had the final say in my Seahawks uniforms, I wouldn't had ever let what happened in 2012 happen. I would've brought back the Steve Largent era uniforms.

Too bad Nike doesn't have the same idea of "good" uniforms as we do. They only care about the millions of fans that like it casually and love crazy uniforms.

Nike gets a bit more of a say in those uniforms where they get design control over. If a team's choice is Door #1: :censored:, Door #2: crap, Door #3: :censored: ty crap...well why are we blaming the team again?

Because there's always Door #4 and Door #5. 4 is not changing. 5 is getting another design company to make renderings.

Because there's always Door #4 and Door #5. 4 is not changing. 5 is getting another design company to make renderings.

Door #4 wastes money. Door #5 may not be possible or practical under the league's exclusivity contract.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So just popping in to remind everyone that, at the end of the day, we're talking about sports uniforms. Calling someone a Holocaust denier because they disagree with you about a Nike football uniform crosses into the realm of extremely poor taste. Make your arguments rationally. Thank you and have a happy holidays.

So just popping in to remind everyone that, at the end of the day, we're talking about sports uniforms. Calling someone a Holocaust denier because they disagree with you about a Nike football uniform crosses into the realm of extremely poor taste. Make your arguments rationally. Thank you and have a happy holidays.

On the plus side, I showed that post to my very Jewish wife and she thought the idea that I would be called that to be pretty funny.

On the plus side, I showed that post to my very Jewish wife and she thought the idea that I would be called that to be pretty funny.

So what constitutes "very jewish"? I'm jewish but I was just wondering if I'm jew enough to be called very? (Instigating!)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Well I observe all the major holidays and use a few Yiddish words with a degree of regularity, but I have an unconquerable weakness for shellfish. They really should make a scorecard to keep track of stuff like this :P

So what constitutes "very jewish"? I'm jewish but I was just wondering if I'm jew enough to be called very? (Instigating!)

Well, personally, when I think of her as "very jewish" I'm picturing her giant mess of out of control hair.

Please destroy your Nike contract NFL!!!!!!!!! Switch to UA or back to Reebok.

Why? Nike is hundred times better than Reebok. UA might give Nike a run for the money for the next apparel deal because they are the official apparel of the NFL combine. But in the end, I think Nike will renew their deal with the NFL for the next five years if not more. They will offer infinite amounts of money to prevent other apparel companies to take over the NFL contract.

Please destroy your Nike contract NFL!!!!!!!!! Switch to UA or back to Reebok.

Why? Nike is hundred times better than Reebok. UA might give Nike a run for the money for the next apparel deal because they are the official apparel of the NFL combine. But in the end, I think Nike will renew their deal with the NFL for the next five years if not more. They will offer infinite amounts of money to prevent other apparel companies to take over the NFL contract.

People have to start considering that Nike's contract is waaaaay more than just uniforms. All the gear, shirts, pants, apparel, hats, etc. The jerseys are a relatively small part of the contract if you think about it. Those aren't that different between Nike, UA, Reebok, Adidas, etc. However, the apparel difference is huge. Nike products sell better than UA and the others. That factor is HUGE.

Something to be thankful for in an otherwise forgetful season...

tempchi-17-1-ap-122814-1-h122814--nfl_me

The Vikings wore their purple jersey a crazy 12 times this year... all home games and half their road games... and never once subjected us to the horrific all-purple high school look.

Terrible season? This year's been great.

Something to be thankful for in an otherwise forgetful season...

tempchi-17-1-ap-122814-1-h122814--nfl_me

The Vikings wore their purple jersey a crazy 12 times this year... all home games and half their road games... and never once subjected us to the horrific all-purple high school look.

Terrible season? This year's been great.

Well, I said forgetful, not terrible. And I was talking about the Vikings.

Archived