2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

And the Bills still need the white topped socks for the blue pants! Where did those socks run off to??

C+J+Spiller+Buffalo+Bills+v+Kansas+City+

My sentiments exactly.

Those socks would be ideal with the royal blue pants, and make the belts red on the pants like in the 70s and we're good ta go.

The thought of going monochrome since returning to the traditional look since 2011 sickens me. Sure hope it's a one-time thing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the purple pants, but I wish the Vikings would go mono-white more often. It looked good in the pre-season last year.

BTW, this week will only be the 4th (and last) time all year that the Vikings wear their white jerseys.

Wore purple on the road against NO, BUF and TB and will again next week at MIA. Only wore white this year in divisional road games and at STL week 1

I like the purple pants, but I wish the Vikings would go mono-white more often. It looked good in the pre-season last year.

BTW, this week will only be the 4th (and last) time all year that the Vikings wear their white jerseys.

Wore purple on the road against NO, BUF and TB and will again next week at MIA. Only wore white this year in divisional road games and at STL week 1

It looks like the Dolphins' front office went back on their word that they are going to start wearing aqua blue jerseys for a few home games during the day. What happened?

My completely unfounded and based only on gut feeling predictions:

Miami in White/White/Aqua

Kansas City in Red/Red/Red (actually this one has reason. It is Eric Berry's favorite)

Raiders in silver number throw backs. (They haven't worn them yet)

Texans in Navy/White/Battle Red (I think they'll switch up solely because they've never won in Indianapolis)

Jaguars in BlackGold/White/White

Vikings in Purple/White/White

Bucs in Pewter/White/White/Orange

Carolina in Silver/Black/black (Cam's favorite)

Jets in White/Green/Green

Eagles in Midnight Green/Midnight Green/Black

A few things here:

The Raiders don't have throwbacks.

The Texans no longer have red pants. They lost them when Nike took over in 2012.

The Eagles don't use a green/black combo.

I didn't know the Raiders throwbscks were gone.

Like the above poster said, they're available, and I really think they try to change their look up since they have never won in Indianapolis.

The Eagles don't use a green/black combo... yet.

Okay well, I don't think either of combos will be used, simply because they've never used them before.

I'm surprised the Eagles haven't done green over black yet. As for the Texans white overred, its an unused combo I would like to see them in, in addition to red over navy.

All white again for the Dolphins. WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT! What human being could possibly insist on this weekly decision? It is mind-boggling and it pisses me off. I like the Dolphins but I can't root for them in those horrific uniforms. Yet again, those awesome aqua pants will stay in the closet. I wish I could receive an explanation for this, but we probably never will...

I don't like both Cleveland and Cincy in dark pants.

Agreed.

Cleveland looks horrible with brown jerseys and brown pants. I really hope they add stripes to the pants next year or get rid of them.

IIRC the Browns' new uniforms will have 3 uniform options and 2 pants options. I'm convinced one of those pants options are brown (the other likely white).

Cleveland looks horrible with brown jerseys and brown pants. I really hope they add stripes to the pants next year or get rid of them.

The all-brown is their best look with these dated uniforms. I think if their socks had stripes that matched the stripes on the sleeves, then the solid brown pants would look just fine.

^lol where do you people come from?

Looking like they're wearing Mr Hanky halloween costumes is their best look?

Their best look is brown over white, followed by all white, followed distantly by white over brown, all brown isn't even an option.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^lol where do you people come from

lol? It's pretty simple; I prefer monochrome. No different than basketball and futbol. For me, when a professional team wears mismatched tops and bottoms it looks way too hodgepodge for my taste.

But you seriously prefer monochrome at all costs to the point where a team dressing in neck to toe doodoo looks good to you? It looks better than the uniform Jim Brown and Otto Graham wore? It looks better to you than their classic brown over white that matches the established aesthetic of professional football? That's an opinion you're allowed to have, but sheesh.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Today's look was definitely Cleveland's worst look aesthetically. They need to ditch brown pants going forward. At least without stripes. And they should never be worn with brown jerseys. And definitely shouldn't wear all brown socks too. Monochrome works for certain colors and brown isn't one of them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived