2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Can someone explain what the deal is with the Dolphins and their obsession with the boring all white uniforms? They are 2-0 in aqua pants this season, but they refuse to wear the aqua pants on the road. They wore them against the Raiders in London and won by a lot, but they haven't worn them with the white jersey since. Did the league maybe request that the Dolphins show some aqua for the London fans or something? It seemed like they would wear them consistently when they wore them in their first away game in the white jersey, but that has clearly not happened.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, teams don't really think that their uniform choices affect the outcome of the games. Frankly, when teams spend time worrying about which uniform combination they will wear, I worry that their focus is misdirected.

To cut off comments - I know why we are at this location on the web. I'm strictly addressing the teams with these comments.

It's where I sit.

wolf.jpgsilver-gray-minky-fabric_medium.jpg

Looks like Patriot gray to me.

No, no... it's clearly Lions' gray... or, wait... it might be more like the Giants' gray... or... Hold on here!!! I'm almost starting to suspect that wolf gray is just the same damn gray as every other team with gray pants wears! But, no... Nike wouldn't give such a special name to plain old gray would they?

wolf.jpgsilver-gray-minky-fabric_medium.jpg

Looks like Patriot gray to me.

No, no... it's clearly Lions' gray... or, wait... it might be more like the Giants' gray... or... Hold on here!!! I'm almost starting to suspect that wolf gray is just the same damn gray as every other team with gray pants wears! But, no... Nike wouldn't give such a special name to plain old gray would they?

Just to be safe, let's insist on specifying which gray we're talking about whenever the topic of the Seahawks' grey pants and jersey comes up. Wouldn't want anyone to get confused.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the vikes go mono purple.

Someone has made this guess for every Viking game for the last three weeks. I'm not sure why... I guess because they went full purple once last year, and they haven't yet this year?

I'm hoping they never do it again. Their current home look is great, and the full-on grape is nasty.

The Seahawks didn't wear the wolf greys in Charlotte this year.

They've only worn them once and it was last week in Santa Clara.

They can wear them once more if they want. And I'd guess they do.

As for the Dolphins, I don't know why they won't wear their teal pants more then they do. They'd be wise to quit with the "white all year at home" foolishness and start wearing dark tops for at least half of their home season. And why they won't wear the teal pants is puzzling. They look good in them.

The Dolphins have a nice, clean looking uniform, so its not like some of these teams who look like crap no matter what they wear.

As for the Dolphins, I don't know why they won't wear their teal pants more then they do. They'd be wise to quit with the "white all year at home" foolishness and start wearing dark tops for at least half of their home season. And why they won't wear the teal pants is puzzling. They look good in them.

The Dolphins have a nice, clean looking uniform, so its not like some of these teams who look like crap no matter what they wear.

Dolphins' dark tops are for home night games (or select away games). But they should wear the teal pants far more often.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Take a look at this. The Seahawks did use wolf gray against Carolina.

By the way, I think St. Louis is going with blue/white and white/blue as their full time home/road combos now.

Bills are going all white this week for some reason. Why do teams love to be boring and wear the same color pants as their opponent? This will be the 4th team to wear all white at Denver this season (IND, ARI, MIA)

Miami is inexcusable. Indianapolis does not have blue pants so it is okay. But Arizona does have red pants and will only wear them with the red jerseys. That is inexcusable.

Do the Chargers still wear the powder blues? If they do, I wouldn't be surprised to see them used this Sunday night.

They will wear the powder blues vs. the Pats.

Speaking of the powder blues, I vastly prefer the Chargers in navy jerseys than PB.

Archived