2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

I prefer the Packers wearing brown helmets with their throwbacks than their current helmet with no decals.

Thanks to the stupid new helmet rule, that won't happen. I must admit the Packers throwback set has grown on me a bit. It doesn't seem nearly as bad as it used to but I still wouldn't want to see it more than 1 time per year.

I agree, although I think a big part of the reason they don't seem so bad now is because they're wearing their regular gold shells with them now. Wouldn't have minded seeing them using this instead of the plain brown helmet they originally wore them with, though.

3002543_0_photo.jpg

That said, since teams are now limited to one shell, the choice for the next Packers throwbacks is obvious:

don-hutson-football-card_goal-line.jpg

The actual numbers didn't have white outlines, but everything else is accurate here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the Packers wearing brown helmets with their throwbacks than their current helmet with no decals.

Thanks to the stupid new helmet rule, that won't happen. I must admit the Packers throwback set has grown on me a bit. It doesn't seem nearly as bad as it used to but I still wouldn't want to see it more than 1 time per year.

I agree, although I think a big part of the reason they don't seem so bad now is because they're wearing their regular gold shells with them now. Wouldn't have minded seeing them using this instead of the plain brown helmet they originally wore them with, though.

3002543_0_photo.jpg

That said, since teams are now limited to one shell, the choice for the next Packers throwbacks is obvious:

don-hutson-football-card_goal-line.jpg

The actual numbers didn't have white outlines, but everything else is accurate here.

Do you know if there is a set timetable that they were going to use the current throwbacks before changing to something else?

The Titans are wearing white jerseys at home on a Monday night game in mid November. What a disgrace. I guess their awful uniforms are a nice compliment to their awful play on the field.

https://twitter.com/TennesseeTitans/status/534468718168793088

That likely explains why the New York Giants' uniform schedule indicates that they will wear their colored blue jerseys as the visiting team, when they play at Tennessee in Week 14. Looks like the Titans may be going white for every home game this season, for the exception of their Week 8 game vs. Houston.

The Titans are wearing white jerseys at home on a Monday night game in mid November. What a disgrace. I guess their awful uniforms are a nice compliment to their awful play on the field.

That likely explains why the New York Giants' uniform schedule indicates that they will wear their colored blue jerseys as the visiting team, when they play at Tennessee in Week 14. Looks like the Titans may be going white for every home game this season, for the exception of their Week 8 game vs. Houston.

Exactly. Such a shame. I got suspicious when they wore white at home in week 5 against Cleveland. After Week 3, they usually stop wearing white at home. I thought that Giants schedule might have been an error but now it is clearly not. I don't understand why they would wear white at home all year. Their uniform decisions this year have been absolutely terrible.

Even if they are getting new unis, why does that mean they have to wear their absolute worst current combos and wear white at home with navy pants every game. That uniform is absolutely terrible; worst in NFL history by far. How can a human actually look at that uniform and choose to wear it? especially when they have a pair of pants that matches the shoulder stripes and looks good and sets them apart from all the other teams that wear navy pants (NE, SD, HOU, CHI, STL, SEA)

Even if they are getting new unis, why does that mean they have to wear their absolute worst current combos and wear white at home with navy pants every game. That uniform is absolutely terrible; worst in NFL history by far. How can a human actually look at that uniform and choose to wear it? especially when they have a pair of pants that matches the shoulder stripes and looks good and sets them apart from all the other teams that wear navy pants (NE, SD, HOU, CHI, STL, SEA)

The Titans are getting new uniforms?

Quick thought on the whole 1 helmet rule.

Michael Vick has 2 helmets, one with the mic and one with out. Obviously he needs the one with the mic if he's QB and the one without incase he plays with Geno.

Still, he has two helmets. I'm sure there are a few LB's who have 2 (Dont'a Hightower, for example, took over for Jerod Mayo on the Patriots when Mayo was out for the year, so he now wears the green dot helmet. That's a different helmet)

Yeesh... really? In a week with the Raider/Chiefs, the Redskins/Cowboys, Vikings/Packers... hell, even the Cowboys/Giants will look nice (assuming the Giants wear gray pants) the Dolphins v Broncos will be one of the bottom uniform match ups.

Good Lord...Redskins/Cowboys is always the biggest cluster*** of uniform design.

And IMO - anything with the Packers in it looks like crap.

It's all opinions in the end.

Whoops... obviously, I meant Redskins/49ers.

Michael Vick has 2 helmets, one with the mic and one with out. Obviously he needs the one with the mic if he's QB and the one without incase he plays with Geno.

Still, he has two helmets. I'm sure there are a few LB's who have 2 (Dont'a Hightower, for example, took over for Jerod Mayo on the Patriots when Mayo was out for the year, so he now wears the green dot helmet. That's a different helmet)

Are earpieces just added into the current helmet?

Go A's!

Who made the Titans' home uniform plans? Has their been any fan outcry to the excessive use of white at home this season. It was in the 20s at kickoff for a November night game in Nashville; and yet if it is in the 70s for a night game in Miami this same time of year, the Dolphins will break out the aqua jerseys. Either as the Titans or Oilers, the team has never had a string of championship play when they wear white at home. When the franchise has made the playoffs, it has been wearing colors predominantly.

I am thinking this is the Titans' head coach (Ken Whisenhunt) decision to wear white at home and I do not have the foggiest idea why he would do that. When Jeff Fisher was their coach, they hardly ever wore white at home (except on occasion the first home game of the regular season). Same was true when Mike Munchak was their head coach. And when Whisenhunt was the Cardinals' head coach, they predominantly wore their color jerseys at home. For me, I think this is a huge head scratcher. Does Whisenhunt hate the primary light blue jerseys so much that they would rather white at home instead? If that is the case, then they should go back to navy jerseys as their primary unis, and leave the light blue ones behind.

Are earpieces just added into the current helmet?

I remember watching a Patriots Jets game and Geno hurt his knee and sat out one play. Vick came in with the mic'd helmet, ran one play, then went to the sidelines and put on his regular helmet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Titans might be getting new uniforms next year. In the second, and final, season of the Tennessee Oilers, they wore white in every game, and it seems like the same thing is happening.

I really hope so, they have one of the worst looks in the league.

87Redskins.png

Well, the story on the helmet rule has always been that they believe its difficult/dangerous to refit an entire team's helmets. One or two players wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Here are some examples of teams in the past that have worn WAH (white at home) exclusively prior to a major overhaul:

1995--Eagles(last season of Kelly green before changing to midnight green). Ray Rhodes' first season as HC

1996--Buccaneers (last season of creamsicle orange/Bucco Bruce before changing to red & pewter). Tony Dungy's first season as HC.

1996--Dolphins (last season with no shadow drips). Jimmy Johnson's first season as HC. I can understand the WAH given the Dolphins tradition w/it and Jimmy Johnson maybe bringing that over from Dallas, but surprised they did not wear aqua for any prime-time games at home. The next season, they went back to aqua for prime-time at home starting with the 11/17 MNF contest vs the Bills.

Archived