2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Cleveland only has a small handful of games left before they (most likely) ruin their classic look... why not try to look decent in the meantime?

Maybe unlike you, they think they look better in their modern solid brown britches?

The "classic" Browns uniforms are about dead and buried (thank goodness). Some of us are happy to see them put in the dumpster and some progressive uses of brown, orange and grey implemented into a football uniform. The 1972 threads should have gone long ago.

tumblr_mx5ny789UD1skh0gdo1_400.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if the Rams will bring back their awesome 70s-90s uniforms if they move back to LA?

Doubt it, because they changed in the first place in the late 90's because those "awesome" uniforms weren't so awesome anymore. More like dated.

They could go back to royal blue and yellow. But in a more new era type of football uniform.

The reason the Rams royal blue and bright yellow looked dated began when they moved into that dome stadium in St Louis in the latter 90s.

When they played out in the sunny confines of Anaheim Stadium and the LA Coliseum it was usually sunny out and those uniforms glowed magnificently in the sun. They just look so drab looking when playing in that outdated dome of theirs.

Also, look how much more angular the Ram horns are towards the front of the helmet back then. That's how they SHOULD look, unlike how they've ruined that since that time. They were even more angular in front when they wore their old navy & white during the Roman Gabriel era of the very early 70s.

November 1983 - Anaheim, CA :

531.jpg

September 1970 - East Buffalo, NY:

roman_gabriel_1970_09_27.jpg

A new uniform design for a new Los Angeles era would be welcome (and necessary, given the changes in uniform cuts), but they absolutely have to be back in classic royal blue and athletic gold -- like you said, it looks too good under a southern California sun. You have to think it's at least under consideration with the way the Rams have introduced them as a throwback/alternate.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good news! Dolphins in all white and Titans in white over navy!!! Best 2 uniforms in the league......

But seriously, why do teams these days consistently choose to wear their worst uniforms? Ever since Nike took over, everything has gone downhill:

Rams only wear navy pants when they wear the navy jersey, Redskins wear white over gold instead of burgundy pants, Dolphins refuse to wear aqua pants, Titans refuse to wear light blue pants, Eagles love all white, Bills wear all white twice a year at home now, etc

But seriously, why do teams these days consistently choose to wear their worst uniforms?

Because some teams don't have a clue?

Has nothing to do with Nike. Has everything to do with some teams being in the dark ages and continuing to stick to old "traditions".

Why even introduce teal pants if you are Dolphins, if you only wear them for 2 games out of 20 a year? Do they think people really want to see them wear all white, all damn year long? Why do some of these teams insist on sticking with the same tired look at home and the same tired look on the road, when they have other options? Does anyone think the Panthers look good all the time in all white with a silver helmet and light blue socks? They have black pants but aren't allowed to wear them more then 1 or 2 games a year (and only with the black jersey) because Geriatric Jerry Richardson fancies himself as being the owner of his beloved Colts.

And the Titans are a trainwreck. Have no identity as a franchise and their uniforms are a disaster. Obviously the baby blue pants have been retired. They need a COMPLETE rebrand, asap.

But seriously, why do teams these days consistently choose to wear their worst uniforms?

Has nothing to do with Nike. Has everything to do with some teams being in the dark ages and continuing to stick to old "traditions".

Why even introduce teal pants if you are Dolphins, if you only wear them for 2 games out of 20 a year? Do they think people really want to see them wear all white, all damn year long? Why do some of these teams insist on sticking with the same tired look at home and the same tired look on the road, when they have other options? Does anyone think the Panthers look good all the time in all white with a silver helmet and light blue socks? They have black pants but aren't allowed to wear them more then 1 or 2 games a year (and only with the black jersey) because Geriatric Jerry Richardson fancies himself as being the owner of his beloved Colts.

And the Titans are a trainwreck. Have no identity as a franchise and their uniforms are a disaster. Obviously the baby blue pants have been retired. They need a COMPLETE rebrand, asap.

I'm not saying its Nike's fault; I mean what you said about how teams don't have a clue. The Dolphins wore aqua pants the first away game in white this year, which made it look like that might be the plan all year, especially when they won in a blowout, but now 3 away games in a row they worn all white. I just don't get it. And I agree that the Titans are a trainwreck now, but its mainly because of what they choose to wear. They have good combos but they never wear them anymore for whatever reason.

A new uniform design for a new Los Angeles era would be welcome (and necessary, given the changes in uniform cuts), but they absolutely have to be back in classic royal blue and athletic gold -- like you said, it looks too good under a southern California sun. You have to think it's at least under consideration with the way the Rams have introduced them as a throwback/alternate.

I'm fine with the Rams keeping their darker blue, but that gold's gotta go. With yellow pants and no powder blue trim to boot, the Rams would look different, regardless of where they call home.

I never though I'd say this, but I agree with most of DennisBergan's statement. It's (mostly) not Nike's fault but rather poor decisions made by the teams. The Titans could mothball their navy pants, but instead the light blues are MIA. I don't recall many night games for the Dolphins, so the jury's still out on their aqua pants (or lack thereof). Then there's the removal of burgundy pants for Washington, Cleveland essentially trading the awesome orange pants for plain brown tights, and of course uninspired black pants in Baltimore and New Orleans.

Now, you can blame the absence of gold pants for the Rams on Nike ("We can make uniforms 0.089% lighter and 0.0000001% more aerodynamic but we can't make them all shiney like metal"), but the decision by the Rams (thanks Ms. Frontiere!) to go with such a drab, washed-out gold in the first place pretty much negates the mark against the Swoosh.

Why the hate for the Dolphins all of a sudden? It's been like this for years. Dolphins wear all white as their default uniform, teal tops for forced away games, and teal pants for night games. Now there are exceptions but it's usually how it goes. I believe when they had their coral orange jerseys they basically didn't wear the teal ones.

All of a sudden? Ever since they stopped wearing aqua pants, many people have been frustrated. They wore aqua pants for every road game from 08-11 under Tony Sporano. And they wear teal jerseys at home for night games, not teal pants.

Why the hate for the Dolphins all of a sudden? It's been like this for years. Dolphins wear all white as their default uniform, teal tops for forced away games, and teal pants for night games. Now there are exceptions but it's usually how it goes. I believe when they had their coral orange jerseys they basically didn't wear the teal ones.

Griese,Bob19.jpg

true

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 11 (Part 1) BYES: Cowboys, Jaguars, Jets, Ravens

Bills @ Dolphins

6wcETlg.jpgSbYIcQs.jpg?1

Vikings @ Bears

OmJksfL.jpgOmpRxd1.jpg

Texans @ Browns

Qe2gv.jpgZOTQZ.jpg

Eagles @ Packers

6EQ7Uuc.jpgxZVhelX.jpg

Seahawks @ Chiefs

9JtWm.jpgvfktl.jpg

I'm really curious to see what the Titans wear this week in a home primetime game. Hopefully they don't wear white at home again. They wore navy against Houston a couple weels ago, but the Giants uniform schedule says they will be in blue at Tennessee in Week 14, so this week will be a good indication of the rest of the season.

Also, I got the Cardinals in all red this week and the Seahawks in white over blue, which they oddly haven't worn since they won the Super Bowl.

Was looking at the Jets salute to service gear. Anyone else think this would be a nice shade of green for the Jets? I mean if they aren't going to wear kelly green, might as well be something unique (instead of matching the Packers) and the olive green would match the whole Jets / flight crew theme.

thumb.jpg

Really curious to see if the sweat box looks as bad as the jets or if they were able to handle the colors better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived