2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Vikings @ Bills

PIMFz7J.jpgdGKdh01.jpg

The Bills are in all white at home this week. Not the throwbacks though.

Since the Bills are wearing all white at home today I wish it were the throwbacks. Gawd how I love that '62-'73 grazing bison logo I grew up seeing as a kid.

Just off subject quickly, FOX showed Jim Kelly on the sidelines talking to new owner Terry Pegula along with Russ Brandon and that is the very best I've seen JK look since the 2nd cancer fight where he's now cancer-free. Good on him!!

The throwback will be back for its second and final time this season on 11/30.
The throwbacks, are at this point, pointless. The new set is essentially based off of those throwbacks. They never wore white at home during the 60s and early 70s anyway (I think), plus the sleeves stripes aren't even accurate on the white jerseys.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bengals apparently had an unusual switch in plans according to their website:

"The Bengals have changed their color scheme for Sunday and are going with black jerseys and white pants. No reason why they changed from all black. They are 26-25 in that ensemble and 12-9-1 in all black..."

Here is the link, with the update at the bottom.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Game-on-TV-Green-Saga-continues-O-line-looks-to-rebound-Special-match/f5ea99f1-a8cc-4047-a146-92b82d12f1b9

Vikings @ Bills

PIMFz7J.jpgdGKdh01.jpg

Since the Bills are wearing all white at home today I wish it were the throwbacks. Gawd how I love that '62-'73 grazing bison logo I grew up seeing as a kid.

Just off subject quickly, FOX showed Jim Kelly on the sidelines talking to new owner Terry Pegula along with Russ Brandon and that is the very best I've seen JK look since the 2nd cancer fight where he's now cancer-free. Good on him!!

The throwbacks, are at this point, pointless. The new set is essentially based off of those throwbacks. They never wore white at home during the 60s and early 70s anyway (I think), plus the sleeves stripes aren't even accurate on the white jerseys.

Vikings @ Bills PIMFz7J.jpgdGKdh01.jpg

Since the Bills are wearing all white at home today I wish it were the throwbacks. Gawd how I love that '62-'73 grazing bison logo I grew up seeing as a kid. Just off subject quickly, FOX showed Jim Kelly on the sidelines talking to new owner Terry Pegula along with Russ Brandon and that is the very best I've seen JK look since the 2nd cancer fight where he's now cancer-free. Good on him!!

The throwbacks I must disagree with you on are not pointless.

Seeing the grazing Bison logo on that helmet alone makes the look all worth it.

However you are correct on one thing, the Bills had never wore white jerseys at home until 1979 or 1980 when Chuck Knox was coach.

Jeff, where did you hear that Buffalo was wearing the all white faux-throwbacks at home when Cleveland comes on November 30?

Dolphins in all white again for some reason

The fish are re-emphasizing aqua (or teal, to be closer to the truth) by never wearing that color in their jerseys or pants. Its very crafty marketing.

Also, the Bucs probably haven't had more then 4 home games yet. Once they get to home game 5, they usually are allowed to wear red.

I'd bet the Aints are in white jersey's again tonight at home as well. They usually wear white for the first 3 home games (for whatever reason). I think this is home game #3.

Dolphins in all white again for some reason

The fish are re-emphasizing aqua (or teal, to be closer to the truth) by never wearing that color in their jerseys or pants. Its very crafty marketing.

Also, the Bucs probably haven't had more then 4 home games yet. Once they get to home game 5, they usually are allowed to wear red.

I'd bet the Aints are in white jersey's again tonight at home as well. They usually wear white for the first 3 home games (for whatever reason). I think this is home game #3.

Luckily, the Saints are going all black tonight and having a blackout. Week 8 always seems to be when they turn to black at home. The Bucs is usually November. I just wish these teams could wear their colors at home.

Rams in all white. Still haven't worn white on blue this year. Why do so many teams nowadays insist on wearing their worst uniform combinations? I don't get it.

Worst? Out of their four possible combinations, white on white to me is probably their best look.

white over blue and blue over white are the best imo Can we agree that the all navy is absolutely horrible?

Vikings twitter posted a picture of Greg Jenning's locker which had a purple jersey. You'd think by October 26, the Bucs could start wearing red, but I guess not...

Confirmed during FOX pregame. Tampa Bay is in white/pewter/red

Panthers in black jerseys and silver pants for, IIRC, the first time in the regular season.

I think Carolina has worn black/silver a time or two this year.

Seahawks wearing all gray against them and seeing that on TV, it doesn't look that great. Lots of gray/silver going on.

Beaten to the punch!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I wonder if the Seahawks will ever go all-gray at home. That would force the visiting time to do something never done in Seattle--wear colors.

Bills--white jerseys and blue pants. One of my colleagues already confirmed all green for the Jets

Bears--white over navy vs Patriots--blue over silver

Of all the games the Seahawks could have worn those pointless wolf greys, they choose the one against a team with silver helmets and pants. Really? I'm surprised the league even approved of this. This would have been a great-looking matchup if the Seahawks wore all white or white over blue.

White on white is definitely my favorite current Rams combo. The thick gold stripe looks great and the blue pants really need the stripe to be gold. But it's still disappointing that they don't wear gold pants anymore.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived