Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was hoping for something a bit different with Auburn, but you did just what I expected you to do, and that's fine. I've seen so many concepts for Auburn, I was hoping for a bit of creativity out there.

Ole Miss feels very dark to me. I would like to see some white or something in the blue jerseys. The M doesn't work too well on the lids in my eyes. But I always have liked the script.

You have Miss State wearing the gold uniforms for homecoming, yet the gold is entirely for the Egg Bowl vs Ole Miss. Curious as to the reasoning for the switch.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Personally for A&M id rather have the black unis (Miss St 2012) than the grey ones (LSU 2013). That would bring back the black helmet with the state outline:

black-am-uniforms-570x379.jpeg

ALSO I like the Texas outline on it. We have one maroon helmet with it that fades to black so that would help being interchangable.

dDVmfCh1_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

would love to see a white helmet with maroon outline and block A&M.

You have Miss State wearing the gold uniforms for homecoming, yet the gold is entirely for the Egg Bowl vs Ole Miss. Curious as to the reasoning for the switch.

There was no switch intended. I phrased it that way assuming the Egg Bowl was homecoming, and that when it's an away game they could still wear the set for one game. Since the Egg Bowl is at Ole Miss this year I think I'll just go back and make a white version.

I'd still like some more feedback on the SEC West! I updated Mississippi State, making their Egg Bowl uniform white and gold with maroon accents.

Next up, the independents! After this upload it's bye week time. I'll post the next conference on Monday the 13th.

Links: Army | BYU | Navy | Notre Dame

Army

- Army is sort of an amalgamation of elements from all their different uniforms over the last few years.

- The helmet is the satin gold one they debuted against Navy at some point and have worn at times since.

- The uniform is essentially what they wear now, but with a slightly different stencil font and contrasting collar and without the Northwestern-striped undershirts. The pants feature a stripe to match the helmet.

- The alternate uniform is black and grey to match West Point's dress grey uniforms.

BqSsQmC.png?1

BYU

- Updated the helmet to match the jersey and pants striping.

- Used white pants with the royal blue alternate uniform.

ftx0Fw3.png?1

Navy

- The Nike version of the white/blue helmet is now the primary helmet.

- Like with the unis they wore against Ohio State, these feature each players rank insignia, but it's smaller and moved up to the shoulders and removed from the pants.

- The home and away uniforms are interchangeable and match the different combinations worn by Midshipmen.

- The alternate uniform is a Staubach-era fauxback, mainly to give the team a G/B/G option.

REf0e3k.png?1

Notre Dame

- Only change is the addition of the double stripe pattern UA has given us to the collar.

- Added a kelly green uniform (bound to happen eventually), but with white numbers and logo instead of gold. These are to never see the field, as they're bad luck. Simply a money-grab ;)

CyFH5RV.png?1

I'd still like some more feedback on the SEC West! I updated Mississippi State, making their Egg Bowl uniform white and gold with maroon accents.

Next up, the independents! After this upload it's bye week time. I'll post the next conference on Monday the 13th.

Links: Army | BYU | Navy | Notre Dame

Army

- Army is sort of an amalgamation of elements from all their different uniforms over the last few years.

- The helmet is the satin gold one they debuted against Navy at some point and have worn at times since.

- The uniform is essentially what they wear now, but with a slightly different stencil font and contrasting collar and without the Northwestern-striped undershirts. The pants feature a stripe to match the helmet.

- The alternate uniform is black and grey to match West Point's dress grey uniforms.

BqSsQmC.png?1

BYU

- Updated the helmet to match the jersey and pants striping.

- Used white pants with the royal blue alternate uniform.

ftx0Fw3.png?1

Navy

- The Nike version of the white/blue helmet is now the primary helmet.

- Like with the unis they wore against Ohio State, these feature each players rank insignia, but it's smaller and moved up to the shoulders and removed from the pants.

- The home and away uniforms are interchangeable and match the different combinations worn by Midshipmen.

- The alternate uniform is a Staubach-era fauxback, mainly to give the team a G/B/G option.

REf0e3k.png?1

Notre Dame

- Only change is the addition of the double stripe pattern UA has given us to the collar.

- Added a kelly green uniform (bound to happen eventually), but with white numbers and logo instead of gold. These are to never see the field, as they're bad luck. Simply a money-grab ;)

CyFH5RV.png?1

No complaints, here!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

SEC:

Florida: Nice work on Florida. I like the combo with the orange jersey.

Georgia: I've always been curious as to what the pants stripe would look like on the helmet. I think it would tie it in with the jersey and pants, but might also be overkill as well. Great work though.

Kentucky: I'm not a fan of the checkerboard pattern for Kentucky, but then again, I like Tennessee ;) My only complaint is to ditch the white helmet. Decent job overall.

Mizzou: (Still don't understand why they're in the Central Time Zone, yet in the Eastern Division). I love the helmet. I love the pants. I love the jersey... striping. I'm not a fan of italicized numbers on jerseys. They only work in NASCAR :) If you un-italicize the numbers, it would look 1000x better.

South Carolina: (I have a cousin who lives down there; she got mad at me on Facebook one time because I was rooting for Clemson to beat South Carolina, and by mad, I mean furious.) I don't think that logo works well on the helmet. There's too much black in the logo to be placed on a black helmet. What about the gamecock? An over-sized gamecock (take that however you'd like) on the helmet might look pretty good.

Tennessee: (Can't wait for Nike to take over next year). Overall, nice work. White numbers on the Smoky Gray jersey might work better along with orange pants and/or an orange helmet, but It still looks good. Took med a while to see the checker pattern though. All I was seeing was a solid stripe at first until I made the image bigger.

Vanderbilt: Crappy team, but great work on this package. I really like the gold jersey.

Alabama: Ah, yes. The Yankees of College Football. Nice classic look. The mismatching number font bugs me too. I would've put the font from the jersey on the helmet instead of vice versa, but you made it work. I've gotta ask though... where's the houndstooth? Not even a little? ;)

Arkansas: Only thing I'd do is change the logo back to what it is now. I happen to like the logo. However, my opinion may change if you add black trim around the striping and numbers to bring the helmet together with the rest of the package.

Auburn: No complaints. Then again, there wasn't much to change, anyway.

LSU: Good job. No Complaints.

Ole MIss: I'm not sure the M works on the helmet for Ole Miss, but it beats the script. I was thinking that they should pull an "Oklahoma State", take the head from the Southern Gent logo, and slap it on the side of the helmet like OKState does with Pistol Pete.

Miss State: The only thing I'd do is swap the gold and maroon on the Egg Bowl helmet. Even if you keep it, the whole package looks incredible.

Texas A&M: Great work. No Complaints.

Independents:

Army: Good job. Nice clean look. No complaints.

BYU: Daaaaaaaaang does that look good. Good work.

Navy: Good idea making that helmet the primary. The uniforms plus the throwback look great as well.

Notre Dame: Only thing I'd do is make the numbers and logo gold with white trim on the alternate. Still a nice look!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Alright, time to respond to some comments.

To mr.nascar's SEC analysis:

Mizzou: I agree that an unitalicized font would probably look better, but throughout this series I'm keeping team's custom fonts, so I'll leave it.

South Carolina: A couple others have suggested an oversized gamecock. I'll have to look into it and see if it works.

Tennessee: I don't think the color balance on the smokey jersey would look right with white numbers. And I like the W/S/S look, but I suppose the white or orange pants could be used with the smokey jersey. Wouldn't be my recommendation though ;)

Alabama: I didn't exactly put the helmet font on the jersey. Essentially it's USC's number font on both (standard block with just the 1 and 2 being altered). And maybe they can put houndstooth on the undershirt or gloves!

Ole Miss: Yeah, I didn't think the M would be very popular, just because they've had the script for a while. That'll be my one unpopular opinion in the series!

Miss State: Since they bring out the gold for the Egg Bowl (the trophy is gold), I wanted to go with the gold helmet.

Regarding PSUcelticsWON95's suggestion about Navy's road collar/cuffs, I made them white on both jerseys to represent the white collared shirts of the Midshipmen uniforms.

Regarding the ND green jerseys, I've never been a huge fan of the gold numbers on green. I think it's because the contrast isn't great.

I'm back from the bye! Two updates before I get to the next conference. I tweaked Iowa's number font to match their new basketball uniforms. (I was pretty close...I used a modified standard block, while their new number font appears to be a modified Berthold City). I also changed South Carolina's black helmet again, replacing their primary logo with just the gamecock.

Now, on to the American!

Links: Cincinnati | Connecticut | East Carolina | Houston | Memphis | SMU

Cincinnati

- Not much change here. I removed the piping, added contrasting cuffs, and limited the helmets to plain black and plain white with their logo in standard colors.

3xxjTQ5.png?1

Connecticut

- Got rid of the ridiculous helmet design and put the C back on.

- Added shoulder loops and pants striping that resembled their basketball uniforms. However, now that they released these new uniforms I may go back and tweak.

lyE94py.png?1

East Carolina

- Created a reversed version of the primary logo for the right side of the helmet.

- All uniforms feature purple sleeves and pants stripe, with the logo in black on the sleeves.

- Numbers on the black uniform changed to white for legibility.

5Rq2zOq.png?1

Houston

- Uniform design based on these uniforms, which they're throwing back to this year. The striping is all two-toned, double red or white/silver, to reflect the beveled logo.

- The cougar logo recolored in red and silver appears on the collar and front helmet bumper.

HTGsSUm.png?1

Memphis

- No more chrome Bengals ripoff helmet. One helmet: solid blue with the M/tiger logo and a tapered white stripe.

- The 5-stripe motif comes from the basketball team. I think it could work across the athletic department as an abstract take on tiger stripes (well...they're stripes).

- Number font from the basketball uniforms used.

kT1koi1.png?1

SMU

- B/W/R/W/B striping pattern from their 80s uniforms is used on the helmet and pants.

- The plain jerseys remain, but with a large mustang logo on the collar instead of the SMU wordmark. Three letters just isn't enough to be that big on the front of a jersey, IMO.

33jPmL5.png?1

I'm really not feeling the stripe on Memphis' helmet, but other than that, I think their all solid looks, especially ECU. I really like how the logo is incorporated on to the sleeves, which on all sets is black on purple. I think that looks really sharp. I'm unsure whether I'd rather see plain pants (no stripe) for ECU or how it is now. Also on a side note, I never mentioned this before, but that Indiana Hoosiers jersey is great, I really love the white helmet.

NEWSGG copy.png

Not a bad one in the AAC set. The only fix I'd make is using ECU's new custom font. You can find it on Fonts by Conrad. UCONN and Memphis are my favorite of the 6.

I did use their font for the wordmarks. Conrad's font just has basic block numbers, since that's what the team uses on their jerseys.

I'd love some more feedback, especially since I'm getting into a lot of teams without classic looks to be adhered to.

Oh man I am absolutely loving your two tone idea with Houston. Very cool!

One thing that I've never liked with Memphis is how they have orange in their logo, but no where on their uniforms. Not your fault though, they've always done that as far as I can remember. I do like your striping pattern however. Even though it's pretty similar to Cincinnati's.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Now, on to the American!

Links: Cincinnati | Connecticut | East Carolina | Houston | Memphis | SMU

Why did you kick Tulane out of the conference? :cry: Or are you doing the 2nd half of the conference with another post?

Tulane and the rest of the conference will be up Thursday!

Archived