Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

Is that a Cleveland Barons jersey? Nice find!

Sadly, no. It's a Columbus Capitols jersey, which I believe was a local high-level youth team.

But I did actually score this one at GW for $3 a couple months back.

11boozk.jpg

What is the make on that?!

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an Indianapolis Colts #18 Payton Manning Jersey. Left a bunch of youth jerseys: Red Sox Jonathan Papelbon, Brewers vintage BP, Colts Andrew Luck (2 of them), Colts white Marvin Harrison, Bengals Rudi Johnson, and Chargers LaDainian Tomlinson.

Sports Direct was selling Newcastle United jerseys from last year on their eBay store for $24.99+$9.99 international shipping. And they had it in my hefty 3XL too. And it only took 6 days to get to NY.

Even though I'm a Newcastle fan, I'd love to find cheap Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea/Tottenham shirts.

My local Goodwill hasn't had anything good in a while but I saw this jersey last night. I didn't buy it. Hopefully a Waterboy fan finds it

How much was it, what size was it, and will you go back and buy it for me?

I didn't catch the price, and I probably won't won't be in the area for a couple of days, but when I get back I'll check if its still there.

sig.jpg

Thankfully I was able to cop the jersey this morning, so here's some pics for ya.

F7TsS7k.jpg

Still remarkable to me that this guy even had a jersey sold, let alone a jersey that he never played in.

:oops: solid pick up for sure

Interesting that the font is slightly different

Apparently, this is the font the Pats were originally going to wear on the field. They changed last-minute, but the replica manufacturers never did.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Interesting that the font is slightly different

Apparently, this is the font the Pats were originally going to wear on the field. They changed last-minute, but the replica manufacturers never did.

Interesting. Where did you hear this? I always thought that was another case of 1990s replica jersey manufacturers going "eh, close enough."

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I think ColorWerx posted the original style guide sheet for the Pats, showing the replica font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Astros still wear orange, but they recently changed the star to a two tone blue. The older one-tone orange caps are making their way into discount retailers. Seen tons at Ross stores.

Just found out that the all-orange I cap I got then has been discontinued, hence the low price. It's a shame (that they discontinued it), since it was a nice cap, though.

UBwef0L.png

I got a New Era Toronto Blue Jays Cooperstown Collection hat in the 1997-2002 style and a New Era Anaheim Angels Cooperstown Collection hat in the 1997-2001 style47-Toronto-Blue-Jays-MLB-Retro-On-Field-new-era-navyskyblue-los-angeles-angels-o

These are the exact hats and they are for sale on Lids.com.

Archived