Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MESSAGE TO ALL ROSS SHOPPERS:

I own a custom sock business that involves customizing Nike Elite socks, as many of you probably know, these cost $14 a pair. At Ross today, I got 10, count em, 10 pairs today for $6 a piece. If anyone finds a handful of pairs at their Ross I will gladly pay you for the pairs and the shipping, ($5 flat rate 'bag' should work). They have to be white, and crew length, size large (8-12) like almost all of them are. Here's pics in case you aren't sure.

34jc5dx.jpg

Thanks!

Found (and got) a Wild Wing!

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

WHAT? WHERE? HOW MUCH?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So today was pretty fruitful for me today, I found a West Virginia football jersey for $8, a Mariners 2007 BP jersey (w/ J.J. Putz's name and number on it) for $6, a Warrick Dunn jersey for $5, an Albuquerque Isotopes cap for $5, and a Minor League's team cap who I can't recognize for $6.....

20151001_130822_zpsqz2k1xtw.jpg

UBwef0L.png

Got an Adrian Gonzalez grey Boston Red Sox #28 jersey size 54 and a white1990's nike Miami Dolphins #54 Davis Jersey adult M. Passed on a powder blue L. Tomlinson Chargers jersey size L because I have an LT jersey already. Someone else in the store told me that he got a Packers throwback Tramon Williams #38 jersey. If anyone can tell me who Davis is that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

P1030076_zpssc88dbua.jpg

P1030077_zpsuamn7fis.jpg

$8 each at Value Village. Don't see many baseball jerseys of any kind at the thrift stores in my neck of the woods; hockey is king here by a mile - even see more basketball and football jerseys than baseball. Guessing someone didn't like having jerseys with players that have recently departed the team. I might rename one and nename/number the other eventually or may keep as is.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Figured when I rushed in to V.V. and quickly grabbed them before heading right to work they were cheap replicas with quite a bit of wear. After having a better look at the quality of stitiching, the backing of the letters, and seeing the odd shaped 'Y' in Reyes it seems extremely likely that they are knock-offs rather than a crappy customization done on a cheap replica.

Oh well, being only a casual baseball and Jays fan it's not too much of a disappointment as I don't expect to wear them that often. If I got a couple shirts or jerseys off Ebay right now I'd likely pay more than that just for the shipping - especially with the CDN$ the way it is. Already own Jays t-shirt that I received as a gift.

If I get ambitious maybe I'll recustomize the blue one to a R.A. Dickey one, and change the letters on the white one to Revere. Have to see if I have tackle twill on hand in a close enough shade of blue. Can live with much of the jerseys being a bit off but that 'Y' is starting to annoying me.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Picked up a fitted 1987-1990 White Sox hat at Goodwill for $1. I always liked this hat (my foray into baseball cards began with 1990 Donruss/1991 Topps), I rarely see it re-released, and it was my size... so at that price, no-brainer!

Not mine, but exactly like the one below (MacGregor Sports Specialties).

hat2_zpskyjkw5q9.jpg

hat1_zpsztutq1mb.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived