Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made another Ross visit today, hoping to find a Greece or one of those USA Centennial kits.

No luck - 3 black Brazils in a L, and a green Mexico in a L. Passed on both.

[edit] another Ross, orange Netherlands XL. Too big. Would've grabbed it in an L.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Found an Adidas Swingman Lebron James Cavs jersey at my local TJMaxx for $28 today. Not a true deal, but I thought it was reasonable for a Swingman jersey. First NBA jersey I have bought since the old Champion jersey days.

"Roll Along"

Found an Adidas Swingman Lebron James Cavs jersey at my local TJMaxx for $28 today. Not a true deal, but I thought it was reasonable for a Swingman jersey. First NBA jersey I have bought since the old Champion jersey days.

One of the current uniforms? I'm somewhat shocked that would be available for $28. (And I kinda want one!)

Do they have any still available? If they have my size, I'll take one regardless of what jersey it is!

Checked out the local Ross today, only jerseys they had were the Nike Greece soccer jersey, and a JJ Barea Timberwolves jersey in a size medium. Passed on both but I picked up a pair of Converse Aerojam's in white with red and blue. The new retro model has changed a bit since the 2003 retro.

sig.jpg

One of the current uniforms? I'm somewhat shocked that would be available for $28. (And I kinda want one)

It was the 2013-2014 season. The Cavs C is on the back not the NBA logo. Minor change in my opinion.

"Roll Along"

One of the current uniforms? I'm somewhat shocked that would be available for $28. (And I kinda want one)

It was the 2013-2014 season. The Cavs C is on the back not the NBA logo. Minor change in my opinion.

Interesting! So, it's a uniform LeBron never actually wore because his first season back is also the first season for the NBA logo being moved to the back of the jersey. I'm sure that with the rush to get new LeBron jerseys on the market after he announced his return to Cleveland, they had to use inventory of the previous season's model.

(As an aside: You got an even better deal on that Swingman than I initially thought. The new ones being sold by adidas this past season were a major downgrade -- much flimsier material and cheaper numbers that are heat-pressed on instead of stitched. But the good news is that even though they were a lower quality, they were also $10 more expensive. Take a bow, adidas.)

One of the current uniforms? I'm somewhat shocked that would be available for $28. (And I kinda want one!)

You can find a lot of cheap NBA jerseys because they're old stock with the NBA logo in the front.

You can find a lot of cheap NBA jerseys because they're old stock with the NBA logo in the front.

Been a while since I did some thrifting; I did find some 1990s-era Ottawa Senators, Pittsburgh Penguins and Florida Panthers jersey @ my local Value Village, but they were too small for me! So, I 'settled' for a Matt Ryan Nike Falcons jersey for $15 @ my local Goodwill. :D

UBwef0L.png

When did TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross become thrift stores? $20-40 for jerseys that couldn't sell at the mall aren't "thrift store gems," think Mitchell & Ness throwbacks at Salvation Army for $3

Because it's random stuff you aren't guaranteed to find but with people posting their scores you know when to check and for what

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived