Hand Drawn NFL Redesign (17/32) Pittsburgh Added; Cincinnati Updated

lcgreig03

I really like the Dolphins, especially the orange jersey. I think that the different striping for the orange jersey looks good. I don't like the shoulder stripes, but that is not your fault (I hate that kind of stripe for the shoulder no matter what team it is).

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back, with the Cleveland Browns. I started this concept before the reveal of the new (brown) logo and the rumor of nine combinations for the team next year. So those had no influence on my design here, but I'm happy with what I came up with, which is why I didn't change anything after hearing about that. The white facemask returns and the helmet stripe is added to the sleeves on both the home and away jerseys. The stripe on the pants is inspired by the B in the football logo, which I also added to the jersey. (I realize having the logo patch on the right side of the jersey is similar to what the Steelers currently have (which I won't be changing) but I put it there so as to not clash with the captain's patch, so there it will stay) The brown pants are scrapped and replaced with orange pants, and the number font is from the Pro Bowl, which is common on the boards but it's such a good idea that I'm sticking with it. And finally, numbers are added to the helmet, to create a classic and (unfortunately - Geaux Tigers) Alabama inspired look. Enjoy! Hopefully there won't be as much of a delay before the next team (which will be Detroit)

cle%20home_zpszhofd7y2.jpgcle%20away_zpsrqtu4tmu.jpgcle%20home%20alt_zpsmq5nkofk.jpgcle%20away%20alt_zps5til10be.jpg

manziel_zpsigxx05ym.jpgwhitner_zpsnfr9gc1f.jpghaden_zpsf1shkq1e.jpgthomas_zpsb3zs4zi3.jpg

UPDATE: Alternate orange jersey added

gilbert_zpsnlulnmqc.jpg

I'm loving those Dolphins uniforms, especially the Orange alternate jersey. The white on Aqua isn't bad either.

As for the Browns, They are amazing! I Would love this look over what they'll probably release. While I am a classic lover of the plain helmet, the numbers really worked out. I would much rather have numbers on the helmet than a logo. Keep up the good work once again

fiowXOD.png

There was a Thursday Night game a few years back (I think 08ish) in a Browns-Giants game where the Browns used numbers on their helmets. I loved that look, and I love the numbers on Alabama's helmets. So I don't want to take them off, though I do see the point of the logo-less helmet being unique. I myself have gone from hating it to loving it quite a few times. I'm wondering if I should remove them, or change the font back to a block font, to stay more consistent with the classic look I'm trying for here. Or, if like when they actually did it, should I use a totally different font on the helmets? Thoughts?

screen-capture.png

Okay, moving on for now. Up next is the Detroit Lions. The Lions actually have one of my favorite uniform sets in the league. That being said, I do think there are areas where the look could improve, if only slightly. What I mainly wanted to accomplish here was removing black from the color scheme. I don't dislike it like some people, and I actually think it fits the look and identity of the team nicely, as well as having a place with the history of the team's uniforms. However, I think it is a bit unnecessary and while it looks nice, I think it could stand to be removed. Other than that, the stripes on the pants and helmet return from the Barry Sanders era, the stripes on the shoulders are inspired by the old logo, and the numbers on the home jersey are now silver. Besides this, the numbers and the logo stay the same, and the alternate Thanksgiving uniform (one of my favorite uniforms of all time in any sport) returns unchanged. (Isn't it a shame they stopped using those uniforms every Thanksgiving?)

det%20home_zpslo9r08ps.jpgdet%20away_zpsxiv3woso.jpgdet%20alt_zpsndopbiqo.jpg

johnson_zps6urhdhos.jpgtate_zpso89u5rdu.jpgstafford_zpsyxtbvvxp.jpg

UPDATE: Green recycling awareness jersey added

bell%20j_zpspetc8psm.jpg

C&C welcome.

The Browns are really nice. I like the sleeve design, as well as the pointed pants stripe that reflect the B-in-ball logo. I'm not a fan of the chest logo (or chest logos in general) so personally I would move that to the pants where you have the "B". I don't really have an opinion on the helmet number debate...they've done it before, so there is precedent, but then some would say the blank helmet is their identity. I do like that you used the same number font on the jersey. One of my biggest pet peeves are helmet numbers that don't match the jersey.

The Lions look REALLY nice. I like the removal of black and the silver home numbers, as well as the return of the throwback. The sleeve/sock stripes are very, very sharp, and I like the reference to the old logo. No complaints.

I really like the striping on these. Its a more timeless look, something would make these uniforms still look good in 20 years. Its also nice to see the return of the Thanksgiving set. If the NFL is going to have the Lions traditional play on Thanksgiving, than they should have a traditional uniform. I always liked the Cowboys and Lions alternates for their games, and its unfortunate the single helmet rule had to end it for one team, and the Lions stopped wearing their alternates. At least I still a good meal that day, and get to bring the leftovers back to school with me.

They need to bring that throwback back.

Well done, no suggestions other than that maybe the striping should be more consistent. It was a smart idea for the jersey stripes to reflect on the old logo, but I think it isn't consistent enough with the helmet and pants stripes. I would choose one or the other for the stripes. Either would look good.

fiowXOD.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, slowly but surely this is coming along. Today I'm posting my update to Washington. This one is much simpler, and more of a tweak than anything else as I think they already have a pretty strong look. The most obvious thing I did was replace the current logo with the older arrow. The jerseys remain mostly the same, with the great stripes moved up to the side of the shoulders so that they're visible, and the pants and sock stripes are changed to match. And regarding the team name controversy, the team will keep the Redskins name, but be branded simply as Washington, with the wordmark, NOB, etc. (A complete rebrand might be a project for another day; for this one I'm only focusing on changing the uniforms, not names/logos) White pants are eliminated, and the red pants return. There will only be two options for them - light pants with dark jersey and vice versa, similar to what the Patriots do now with blue/silver and white/blue. This is simply because I don't like the yellow pants with the white jersey, I don't like the red jersey with the white pants, and I don't like mono with them at all.

was%20home_zpszcggqhti.jpgwas%20away_zpshsverzv0.jpg

griffin_zpsd9bdzivv.jpgjackson_zpsa5nuyjf4.jpg

That's it for now; please enjoy! And, as always, C&C more than welcome!

Redskins look AMAZING. I've always loved the '65-'69 spear helmet but using it with the modern color scheme looks beautiful. Not a single complaint, except maybe DeSean's solid burgundy socks.

Also, dropping the white pants in favor of burgundy is what the Skins need to do in real life. They look best with B-over-G and W-over-B.

Great job!

87Redskins.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today the Cincinnati Bengals. What I wanted to do with them was to simplify their look, and return it to a more classical feel that better suits the team's identity. Block numbers return to create that feel. The helmet (the best in the league) is untouched. The orange shoulders on the away jersey is the only thing I like about their current uniforms that I like, so that stays as well. Finally, in a move that may be controversial, the black primary jerseys are eliminated entirely. I know that's a big part of the team's history but there's two reasons for this - one, is that it goes with my simpler look (less options, more consistency) and two, simply, bengal tigers aren't black. As always, enjoy, and enjoy the on-field looks! (On a sort of unrelated note, I am pretty excited about these for the next few teams. Because of the draft, you'll start seeing some rookies in these in the near future!)

cin%20home_zpsozo45w1x.jpgcin%20away_zpsa65aay5k.jpg

green_zpswpdofous.jpgdalton_zpswdxqv7ig.jpg

As always, C&C is more than welcome!

UPDATE: Throwback to the Boomer Esaison era added

hill_zpsmebitfpp.jpg

Archived