Movin' to the Sunshine: The 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

OnWis97

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say that the Kings and/or the Jazz could claim that spot easier than the Lakers. Or the Thunder can return.

Can? No they will return. It's the last playoff spot, that's up for grabs, lakers, jazz, blazers, or my pick Phoenix.

I'd say that the Kings and/or the Jazz could claim that spot easier than the Lakers. Or the Thunder can return.

As long as both Durant and Westbrook are healthy, the Thunder will be back. You can count on that.

I don't think the Lakers are a playoff team yet, but we'll definitely be more competitive. We could snag that 8th seed if Russell and Randle play beyond their years and don't play like rookies.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Oklahoma City's definitely got the Northwest now. They could win only 42 games and I think it's good enough for the crown. Portland's not a playoff team anymore. They're a one man team. No way they win more than 35 games. Utah's gonna be Utah. And Denver and Minnesota are terrible.

1. Golden State

2. San Antonio

3. Memphis

4. Oklahoma City

5. Houston

6. LA Clippers

7. New Orleans

8. Dallas

9. Phoenix

10. Sacramento

11. Utah

12. LA Lakers

13. Portland

14. Denver

15. Minnesota

sig.png

Sometimes big guys with recurrent foot issues don't quite make it all the way back. I'm not convinced Durant is Durant anymore. I hope he is, but there's also a chance his career may have crested a la Bill Walton. OKC has less talent each yeah than it did the year prior, and while they can be great when everyone's healthy, that's no longer a guarantee. Also, Billy Donovan hasn't coached an NBA team.

If Dallas makes the playoffs I'll eat my hat.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Finally hearing some movement on the Terrence Ross to Cleveland rumors. The rumor is Brendan Haywood's expiring contract for Terrence Ross and Patrick Patterson. I think this is ideal for the Cavs. It fills the hole they have at SF who can defend and shoot from the outside. It also get another young big man in Patterson who is a solid rebounder. It adds to the front court depth that the Cavs sorely need and it may put a little bit of pressure on Tristian Thompson and Rich Paul, give them a little reality check that Thompson getting anymore than $10 million per year - even with the new salary cap and TV revenue - is grossly overpaying Thompson for what he brings to the table.

If the Cavs can pull this off, along we possibly resigning JR Smith... I think the Cavs will have a very successful offseason.

PG: Kyrie Irving (Mo Williams)

SG: Iman Shumpert (JR Smith)

SF: LeBron James (Terrence Ross)

PF: Kevin Love (Tristian Thompson/Patrick Patterson)

C: Timofey Mozgov (Anderson Varejao)

I'm going

1. San Antonio
  2. Golden State
  3. Oklahoma City
  4. L.A. Clippers
  5. Memphis
  6. Houston
  7. New Orleans
  8. Utah
  9. Sacramento
  10. Phoenix
  11. Dallas
  12. Portland
  13. L.A. Lakers
  14. Minnesota
  15. Denver

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Ill play along

1. Spurs

2. Warriors

3. Clippers

4. Thunder

5. Rockets

6. Pelicans

7. Grizzlies

8. Suns

9. Mavericks

10. Trailblazers

11. Jazz

12. Timberwolves

13. Lakers

14. Kings

15. Nuggets

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the mavericks are better without him. If he was flipping that much Dallas would've had another lamar Odom situation. That being said, I believe he should've kept his word. Period. He made a shady decision at best.

The year with Odom is now the Bronze Medalist after the trade for Rondo and now this.

Problem for them is that they need to get to the salary floor so getting washed-up Deron Williams to return home is something which Brooklyn will easily accept.

Plus, Rick Carlisle is in the final year of his contract. His contract expires on July 1, 2016 so he could possibly play the waiting game to see if their bag of cash actually brings in free agent talent.

And two teams were under the cap floor last season, Orlando and Denver.

Western Conference

1. Spurs

2. Warriors

3. Clippers

4. Grizzlies

5. Rockets

6. Suns

7. Pelicans

8. Thunder

9. Mavericks

10. Trailblazers

11. Timberwolves

12. Lakers

13. Jazz

14. Kings

15. Nuggets

Eastern Conference

1. Cavaliers

2. Bucks

3. Bulls

4. Hawks

5. Raptors

6. Wizards

7. Hornets

8. Pacers

9. Heat

10. Pistons

11. Celtics

12. Nets

13. Sixers

14. Magic

15. Knicks

Sometimes big guys with recurrent foot issues don't quite make it all the way back. I'm not convinced Durant is Durant anymore. I hope he is, but there's also a chance his career may have crested a la Bill Walton. OKC has less talent each yeah than it did the year prior, and while they can be great when everyone's healthy, that's no longer a guarantee. Also, Billy Donovan hasn't coached an NBA team.

If Dallas makes the playoffs I'll eat my hat.

I mean, I wouldn't call it recurrent. And Durant's far from a big guy so even with foot issues, he still has his shot. It'll be extremely interesting to see how next summer goes. You're talking about a team that wasn't willing to give Harden a few extra millions and now they're finding themselves seriously thinking of giving Enes freakin' Kanter $70M.

GR30a5H.png

Western Conference

1. Spurs

2. Warriors

3. Clippers

4. Grizzlies

5. Rockets

6. Suns

7. Pelicans

8. Thunder

9. Mavericks

10. Trailblazers

11. Timberwolves

12. Lakers

13. Jazz

14. Kings

15. Nuggets

Eastern Conference

1. Cavaliers

2. Bucks

3. Bulls

4. Hawks

5. Raptors

6. Wizards

7. Hornets

8. Pacers

9. Heat

10. Pistons

11. Celtics

12. Nets

13. Sixers

14. Magic

15. Knicks

Pacers 8th? They lost their entire front court man! They'll be lucky to finish higher than 12th. And I don't think Charlotte's doing much either.

sig.png

Finally hearing some movement on the Terrence Ross to Cleveland rumors. The rumor is Brendan Haywood's expiring contract for Terrence Ross and Patrick Patterson. I think this is ideal for the Cavs. It fills the hole they have at SF who can defend and shoot from the outside. It also get another young big man in Patterson who is a solid rebounder. It adds to the front court depth that the Cavs sorely need and it may put a little bit of pressure on Tristian Thompson and Rich Paul, give them a little reality check that Thompson getting anymore than $10 million per year - even with the new salary cap and TV revenue - is grossly overpaying Thompson for what he brings to the table.

If the Cavs can pull this off, along we possibly resigning JR Smith... I think the Cavs will have a very successful offseason.

PG: Kyrie Irving (Mo Williams)

SG: Iman Shumpert (JR Smith)

SF: LeBron James (Terrence Ross)

PF: Kevin Love (Tristian Thompson/Patrick Patterson)

C: Timofey Mozgov (Anderson Varejao)

I think J.R. Smith will be let go. With as many pieces that have come through the door in Cleveland, someone has to go out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Eastern Conference

1. Cavaliers

2. Bucks

3. Bulls

4. Hawks

5. Raptors

6. Wizards

7. Hornets

8. Pacers

9. Heat

10. Pistons

11. Celtics

12. Nets

13. Sixers

14. Magic

15. Knicks

I'd drop the Pacers and Hornets and add in Miami and Boston. If Philadelphia figures out what big men to keep and trade for a Grade A SG they could sneak in too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Western Conference

1. Spurs

2. Warriors

3. Clippers

4. Grizzlies

5. Rockets

6. Suns

7. Pelicans

8. Thunder

9. Mavericks