Thrift Store Gems 2016

Chewbacca

On 7/29/2016 at 6:34 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

This was about $7 at Goodwill. I didn't buy it because it's not my size, but at least it's a better investment than a Manziel jersey.

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

Pretty sure you can get a Manziel for the same price on nflshop.com.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mikecarter45 said:

I got this a few weeks ago because it was only a couple bucks at Value Village,  but would anyone know why this jersey exists? I don't think Jose ever wore this uni/#10? (Sorry for the blurry second pic)

jays 1.jpg

jays 2.jpg

Jose Bautista never wore #10 nor did any other Bautista.  I'm guessing custom jersey or mistake 

On 8/12/2016 at 11:27 AM, johnnysama said:

And I found a Doug Flute Buffalo Bills jersey for $14. There was a Flutie Chargers jersey for the same price, but I opted for the Bills model.

I come back to that same local store less than a week later, and the Flutie Chargers jersey was still there! This time, I jumped on it today. :D

UBwef0L.png

On August 15, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Brewfan27 said:

Jose Bautista never wore #10 nor did any other Bautista.  I'm guessing custom jersey or mistake 

Jose also never wore that jersey style.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

While this isn't a thrift shop post per say, did find this person on Etsy selling mostly vintage gear. I really would like to get that CBJ jersey if it wasn't an XL. Whether they're legit or fake is in question, but not too bad of looking stuff here.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageKings14/items?ref=pagination&page=1

il_570xN.1037034005_jh86.jpg

il_570xN.944403002_3bt4.jpg

5 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

lol good luck with those prices etsy dude

Some of the jersey prices are pretty good, but man, I guess vintage hats must be more popular than I realize? $300 for a Vancouver Grizzlies snapback?! But only $35 for a CCM Avalanche jersey...

On 8/15/2016 at 10:47 PM, mikecarter45 said:

I got this a few weeks ago because it was only a couple bucks at Value Village,  but would anyone know why this jersey exists? I don't think Jose ever wore this uni/#10? (Sorry for the blurry second pic)

jays 1.jpg

jays 2.jpg

Interesting that a Majestic replica jersey has the sleeve patch.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I sold 13 chinese knock off jerseys & screen printed nfl jersey for 5 bucks each at a yard sale. Not bad 13 of 16 I sent sold. probably have 15-20 I could sell but they're better and worth more. 

After my wife accidentally gave away 50 of my 88 college shirts I collected from 5th grade through college, I've been finding college shirts for under 10 bucks, along w/ some college hats. I've bought 5 hats and 14 shirts this summer, so far. 

Archived