Thrift Store Gems 2016

Chewbacca

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Got an NY Islanders Jason Blake pumpkin jersey for like 35$. It's what's below minus the Bob Bourne patch. Also really good considering I'm in Colorado.

58af64a3ce5eb41b.jpg

Its definitely an unpopular opinion around here, but I always loved that jersey. 

In my opinion, Hockey purists just don't know how to react to things that aren't typical O6.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

So I picked up a Quebec Nordiques jersey, blue and there are some spots on the white parts. Anyone know a good way to try and get the spots out without bleaching the entire thing? I picked it up for like 12 bucks and I feel it was a steal as I've been looking for one forever.

1 hour ago, JoshMcC1982 said:

So I picked up a Quebec Nordiques jersey, blue and there are some spots on the white parts. Anyone know a good way to try and get the spots out without bleaching the entire thing? I picked it up for like 12 bucks and I feel it was a steal as I've been looking for one forever.

Those little Tide-to-go sticks have done the trick for me a few times with certain spots. Apply and let dry a few times to see if it makes a difference.

On 4/20/2016 at 5:30 PM, C-Squared said:

I'll come back and add a pic, still can't believe it... found a hat autographed by my very obscure favorite NFL player of all time for $2... they don't make better bargains!

Forgot to come back and upload the pic... the man, the myth, the legend, former Bills QB Rob Johnson... I think I like the fact that the owner tried to remove the signature before giving up and donating it most of all

12994492_10100790586655231_2513819256279898086_n.jpg

21 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Forgot to come back and upload the pic... the man, the myth, the legend, former Bills QB Rob Johnson... I think I like the fact that the owner tried to remove the signature before giving up and donating it most of all

I can say with confidence that you're the only person I've ever heard of whose all-time favorite NFL player is Rob Johnson. I wouldn't call him "very obscure" (infamous, maybe) but anyone who followed the NFL around 2000 should know who he is.

Do you mind if I ask why Rob Johnson? This is coming from someone whose all-time favorite baseball and basketball players are Andres Galarraga and Alex English. Just a very interesting choice.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Pick up this rare item for $7.

Bombers were the 2005 Allan Cup (national senior amateur men's ice hockey champions of Canada) winning team.

P1030147_zpspklkqzuv.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2016 at 4:56 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

I can say with confidence that you're the only person I've ever heard of whose all-time favorite NFL player is Rob Johnson. I wouldn't call him "very obscure" (infamous, maybe) but anyone who followed the NFL around 2000 should know who he is.

Do you mind if I ask why Rob Johnson? This is coming from someone whose all-time favorite baseball and basketball players are Andres Galarraga and Alex English. Just a very interesting choice.

I think he was simply my favorite player at the time I loved football the most... at some point, that (d)evolved to wearing Johnson jerseys to Bills games and starting arguments with anyone in a Flutie jersey :flagusa:

Speaking of jerseys, this might be one of my best thrift store finds ever, and for only $3! Super high quality, love it!

IMG_20160518_170343502.jpg

got these a while back for $35-40. Guess they sold them because "Pujols" was on the back. New with tags. Front logos are chain stitched, my only concern is the cardinals eyes. They look, well odd.

cards12.jpg

cards11.jpg

cards13.jpg

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Yeah, they both seem pretty legit, it's just the eyes that bother me. Home jersey looks like they are asleep and the road jersey looks like they are cracked out wide awake.

Maybe they were rejects off the assembly line? I dunno.

One thing I noticed is that the home (white) jersey uses a name plate where as the road (away) does not.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived