2,056 posts in this topic

The Cavs will be in black again tonight. Can't say I'm surprised.

IMG_4873.thumb.PNG.285725bf2baf1f328c8a6022599c8a18.PNG

On 8.6.2017 at 2:03 PM, sheepbender said:

Come on now. For years Ive seen people on here complain about the Cavs Wine road uni. And I've never understood it.
Honestly its in my top 5 all time unis, best colour combo, simple, no out there design elements. Its the same as the Celtics or Bulls classic designs, yet its not viewed as highly?!? Probably due to the success those teams had but still unfair.

What people don't understand, is, that the thing with the Celtics' and Bulls' unis is, that they were introduced in another era, when those designs could have very well been considered relevant to the times. What made them classic, was the success of those teams.

On 8.6.2017 at 2:34 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I agree with whoever said that if the current set wasn't associated with the post-Lebron loser phase, it'd be viewed at least somewhat more positively. I'm a fan of it, though I think the previous set was their best ever. I'd like to see that set translated into a less-shiny fabric. 

Not in the slightest. What summoned up such a reaction, was, that besides being such a ridiculously bland design, it also replaced a set that was one of the best in the league and all-around excellent. If Lebron had stayed, I would've been equally outraged by this uniform change.

2 people like this

To put in perspective, the (possible) final ad-free NBA match-up looks like this.

20569317-mmmain.jpg

I know that the sleeved jerseys are said to be gone, but. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs insisted on keeping their black sleeved jerseys 

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I know that the sleeved jerseys are said to be gone, but. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs insisted on keeping their black sleeved jerseys 

Nike will not be making sleeved jerseys for any team. Period. That's already been confirmed.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, insert name said:

To put in perspective, the (possible) final ad-free NBA match-up looks like this.

20569317-mmmain.jpg

This is being really nitpicky, but that image is from last year's Finals. Technically both team's jerseys in this year's edition had slight differences, with the Cavs' jerseys featuring the gold championship tab, and the Warriors' jerseys featuring the Nate Thurmond memorial band. So here's an image from tonight's game, showing an accurate representation of what could be the final ad-free NBA uniform matchup:

IMG_4892.thumb.JPG.b1cce54f1088ab55c007517caf20d83e.JPG

2 people like this

Will there be a big 30-team reveal of the Nike jerseys like the one Adidas is doing for the NHL?

Those championship hats are butt. 

It's almost like Adidas wanted to make the worst looking hat possible so that the champion would want to send the winning caps to Africa as well.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Those championship hats are butt. 

It's almost like Adidas wanted to make the worst looking hat possible so that the champion would want to send the winning caps to Africa as well.

yea pretty much...

17champs-merch-v2-1280.thumb.jpg.572b1975364bd4fd77d1fc2bce31f666.jpg

New era already has their own version (bottom)

championship-2017-hats-1280x720.thumb.png.ab2d06968bc557aa737fbc8bdf443133.png

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This is being really nitpicky, but that image is from last year's Finals. Technically both team's jerseys in this year's edition had slight differences, with the Cavs' jerseys featuring the gold championship tab, and the Warriors' jerseys featuring the Nate Thurmond memorial band. So here's an image from tonight's game, showing an accurate representation of what could be the final ad-free NBA uniform matchup:

IMG_4892.thumb.JPG.b1cce54f1088ab55c007517caf20d83e.JPG

I was being lazy so I just went with last years photo. 

1 person likes this

These are the last days of this thread..well..technically we got until the draft.

11 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Summer League?

the draft is really the beginning of next years season so no

19 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

These are the last days of this thread..well..technically we got until the draft.

It gets locked by then.  Just kidding 😊

1 person likes this