2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Are trying to get me to pull my hair out? 

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Are trying to get me to pull my hair out? 

No, I'm not, I really like the red uniform cause it's awesome, also I bought one and it fits perfectly with the franchises motif. 

zyyMk1d.png

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I can see how you interpreted it as such. I overreacted more for humour's sake to be completely honest. I got to ask you this though, how can you not agree with me about the changes Adidas has made to the uniforms? G-Tron just mentioned the truncated stripes, which are a head scratcher and a half, and for whatever reason - Saskatchewan's decision to remove the extra stripes on the arms of their throwback jersey. I just don't understand why things like that would be approved. The cutoff stripes are awful, and I still can't believe that Hamilton took two really nice uniforms and ruined them both. 

I will agree, the teams have some puzzling design choices. Saskatchewan has the worst uniforms in the entire league. Side panels should be a big no-no. Even for the CFL. Hamilton's uniforms don't bother me much. Really, the best designs in the league belong to Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and BC. You would've thought with Adidas taking over as uniform supplier, they would have NCAA football quality. All they did was take the Reebok quality and slap Adidas on them (yes I'm aware Adidas owns Reebok)

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I will agree, the teams have some puzzling design choices. Saskatchewan has the worst uniforms in the entire league. Side panels should be a big no-no. Even for the CFL. Hamilton's uniforms don't bother me much. Really, the best designs in the league belong to Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and BC. You would've thought with Adidas taking over as uniform supplier, they would have NCAA football quality. All they did was take the Reebok quality and slap Adidas on them (yes I'm aware Adidas owns Reebok)

I agree about the side panels. I don't mind one team doing it, but three? Calgary and Ottawa have the same colour scheme, they shouldn't also have the same uniform template with BOTH having side panels. In terms of football design, I think the Adidas re-design has been a step back from the Reebok models.

29 minutes ago, G-tron said:

I agree about the side panels. I don't mind one team doing it, but three? Calgary and Ottawa have the same colour scheme, they shouldn't also have the same uniform template with BOTH having side panels. In terms of football design, I think the Adidas re-design has been a step back from the Reebok models.

Aside from logos, Calgary vs Ottawa basically looks like a scrimmage. The only team to have a huge upgrade from the redesign is Winnipeg by a mile. BC got a nice change, but there's the problem of black being used extensively on the home uniform but being completely absent from the away uniform.

I'd like to think this year is a first year "test-drive" from the new uniforms and next year will be when tweaks come.

Side note: I tried buying a BC Lions shirt ($35) off CFL Shop and the shipping cost was $24.50! Does it have to do with the fact that I live in the USA? Also, it only gave me one shipping option of FedEx Ground (3 business days)

Turns out if I just go to the team store website, the shipping is knocked down to $15. Still somewhat bad, but better than $25.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Side note: I tried buying a BC Lions shirt ($35) off CFL Shop and the shipping cost was $24.50! Does it have to do with the fact that I live in the USA? Also, it only gave me one shipping option of FedEx Ground (3 business days)

Turns out if I just go to the team store website, the shipping is knocked down to $15. Still somewhat bad, but better than $25.

That's really odd. 

25 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Welcome to our world. This is the kind of shipping cost we get pretty much every time we try to buy something from the US these days (nearly everything sports related).

I can get things shipped from England for 10$. No reason Canada can't be the same, same going he other way. 11$ from Long Island to Buffalo is stupid too. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Welcome to our world. This is the kind of shipping cost we get pretty much every time we try to buy something from the US these days (nearly everything sports related).

Don't get me started.

Sometimes they won't ship to Canada, will ship only by UPS with their outrageous broker fees.   I don't expect any less but would wish the websites would be upfront about it and not make you dig for shipping information.  The way some commercial websites are set up you'd think the company thinks their only potential customers are in the US or maybe they have a mindset the U.S. is the only country in the world.

I've recently noticed on some U.S. they mention they can't sell items by certain brands to Canada.   

When dealing with Ebay purchases search Ebay Canada Community Global Shipping Program for some insight on how well their Global Shipping Program has gone over [hint: there are threads 100's of pages long].

USPS first class from the U.S. to Canada likely is still cheaper than shipping from Canada to the U.S. or shipping within Canada for most things.

Back on topic - sort of.

DNASports

On the CFL merchandise front.  River City Sports sometimes has some deals.  Think they have some CFL items on for up to 80% off right now.  You'd likely have to fill in your address before finding the shipping cost and it shows the prices for me in Canadian dollars but I believe it will detect where you are and give you the costs in US$.

If shipping does turn out to be high for 1 item, it might be not as bad if ordering multiple items.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/CDA/

Not sure if they are some better websites for any Americans looking for CFL merchandise from Canada.

Edit: Found on their site for shipping costs: "USA: 4-8 business days by expedited post. $12 for the first 2 items, and $2 for each additional item." but I'd double check after adding to cart to make sure.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

19 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

The official Saskatchewan Roughriders team store ships to the US for C$25.

I hate to get off topic even more, but I got an email saying it could take up to 5 days to fulfill the order. By that, I'm assuming it's 5 days just to actually put the order in.

11 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Don't get me started.

Sometimes they won't ship to Canada, will ship only by UPS with their outrageous broker fees.   I don't expect any less but would wish the websites would be upfront about it and not make you dig for shipping information.  The way some commercial websites are set up you'd think the company thinks their only potential customers are in the US or maybe they have a mindset the U.S. is the only country in the world.

I've recently noticed on some U.S. they mention they can't sell items by certain brands to Canada.   

When dealing with Ebay purchases search Ebay Canada Community Global Shipping Program for some insight on how well their Global Shipping Program has gone over [hint: there are threads 100's of pages long].

USPS first class from the U.S. to Canada likely is still cheaper than shipping from Canada to the U.S. or shipping within Canada for most things.

Back on topic - sort of.

DNASports

On the CFL merchandise front.  River City Sports sometimes has some deals.  Think they have some CFL items on for up to 80% off right now.  You'd likely have to fill in your address before finding the shipping cost and it shows the prices for me in Canadian dollars but I believe it will detect where you are and give you the costs in US$.

If shipping does turn out to be high for 1 item, it might be not as bad if ordering multiple items.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/CDA/

Not sure if they are some better websites for any Americans looking for CFL merchandise from Canada.

Edit: Found on their site for shipping costs: "USA: 4-8 business days by expedited post. $12 for the first 2 items, and $2 for each additional item." but I'd double check after adding to cart to make sure.

I'm a customs broker. 

This UPS crap where they charge "brokerage" is 90% of the time not the full truth. 

While yes, all goods entering Canada are subject to GST and potentially duty based on where the product is made (as oposed to where it's shipped from when you order it online) what happens is the company that ships to you will select to ship with UPS and tell UPS to charged you, the receiver of the goods, for the delivery. So what essentially happens is they just tell UPS to send it to you. You end up paying the frieght, GST and, brokerage. 

An almost unknown fact is that you can tell UPS not to clear it and do it yourself at the local Canada Customs (CBSA) office. Might take a little longer and be a bit of a learning curve but it will save you some money.

That's why UPS wants the money before they deliver, because they've already moved the goods from point A to point B and haven't been paid anything. 

Anyways: That's not really the point of this topic but I just wanted to throw it out there. I could probably start a topic in the lounge on this, lol.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

To get back on topic:

Unless I'm seeing something no one else is, I'm pretty sure BC, Calgary, Ottawa, and Saskatchewan all have the same template. They all have that weird lower sleeve/armpit stripe. Luckily, BC avoided the dreaded side panels.

(If you can't tell, I'm starting to heavily favor BC)

not sure if it has been mentioned yet but adidas really butchered the Ticats away jersey. What is the deal with the underarm area? Comparing the reebok to adidas looks bad enough. Then you see the jerseys the players wear and they might look even worse  

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Montreal doesn't have the best uniforms in the league, but they're starting to grow on me. I'd say the top three uniforms are Winnipeg, Toronto, BC, with Montreal in close 4th.

I was thinking the same thing watching them play last night.  Never hated the uni, but now I'm really starting to appreciate it.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

With two positive comments in a row for the Alouettes uniform I think it's finally safe to out myself as a fan as well. I know it has its faults but think it's an overall good look and has always screamed Montreal to me in its uniqueness.

Archived