Your Dream uniform Match-ups That Did Happen But are Gone Forever

1937redskins

I like Kelly green-and-black Jets versus teams with light blue in their color scheme, like Oilers or Lions. Unfortunately couldn't find a good picture of the 1991 Oilers-Jets playoff game, with Houston in blue and New York in white. Here are pics of the Jets in green versus both teams. There's a Hall of Famer in each picture: Warren Moon in the first and Art Monk in the second. Shame those two were never on the same team, really:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesT2Q0S6UL.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesJ9XVS8U0.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MCM0313 said:

I like Kelly green-and-black Jets versus teams with light blue in their color scheme, like Oilers or Lions. Unfortunately couldn't find a good picture of the 1991 Oilers-Jets playoff game, with Houston in blue and New York in white. Here are pics of the Jets in green versus both teams. There's a Hall of Famer in each picture: Warren Moon in the first and Art Monk in the second. Shame those two were never on the same team, really:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesT2Q0S6UL.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesJ9XVS8U0.jpg

Also interesting to note how much different the Jets' uni looks under different lighting conditions.

I miss the old days when all this color clash and contrast nonsense wasn't argued about.  Back in my day, it was brown versus black and EVERYBODY wore the same government-issued green skirt and white pants.  

p4901981a579515364.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, 1937redskins said:

nice/better Saints look

450098946-football-oakland-raiders-art-s

I wouldn't necessarily say that this is "gone forever." I think (hope?) the Saints will eventually drop Vegas gold in favor of old gold again, once Nike figures out how to make non-matte finishes on pants. Not sure about the pant stripes though. They seem to dislike pant stripes for whatever reason.

Meanwhile, the Raiders, of course, haven't strayed from the Silver and Black.

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

What year was this? Was this 1972? I ser Dick Anderson and Larry Csonka.

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I think '71 was last year of the Rams in white.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

The Rams switched to blue and gold for the 1973 season, I think this is the landmark 1971 win at Los Angeles for Miami. This was a victory Dolphins players have said helped propel them to the AFC title that season. 

On 5/27/2016 at 6:30 AM, MCM0313 said:

I don't really get why people like that Expos set so much. It seems generic to me. I'm much fonder of their set with white-paneled hats and powder blue road unis.

The pinwheel Expos were neat and all but the '90s uniforms seemed to represent the franchise coming of age. I was never a fan of how the road uniforms over-emphasized red (in Quebec, of all places), and the fleur-de-lis as accent-aigu was always too clever by half because there's nothing about one that suggests the other, but the Montreal script was nice, the homes were fantastic and the good old swirly M is a fine piece of quirky '60s/'70s Canadiana. I wonder how a slightly lighter blue and a swap of red to blue on the road would have served les Expos. Probably not very well because it wouldn't have addressed irreconcilable demographic shifts and a flagging provincial economy!

I think I miss the Houston Oilers more and more with each passing year. Such a simple, solid logo and a great color scheme. I especially like the shiny blue pants. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wish the Tennessee Titans would become the Oilers again.

Is there oil in Tennessee? No, but are there lakes in Los Angeles? Is there jazz in Utah? Are there grizzly bears in Memphis?

Not that Tennessee Titans is a bad name, but the identity is the most generic in the NFL and there's not really any way to make it better. Nashville Oilers sounds great to me. 

It doesn't sound that great to me. 

Would be nice to imagine a scenario where the NFL puts its foot down on relocations in the '90s and blocks the Houston Oilers from moving. Bud Adams gets a Nashville expansion team for the 2000 season, the Oilers play 1998 till probably-sooner-than-2002 at Rice until Reliant Stadium is ready.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

It doesn't sound that great to me. 

Would be nice to imagine a scenario where the NFL puts its foot down on relocations in the '90s and blocks the Houston Oilers from moving. Bud Adams gets a Nashville expansion team for the 2000 season, the Oilers play 1998 till probably-sooner-than-2002 at Rice until Reliant Stadium is ready.

So we'd still have the Titans, if in different colors, but we'd swap Texans out for Oilers? See, I like the Texans' look. I'd rather have Texans and Tennessee Oilers.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I like the Texans' identity. They made the best of a bad situation. I'd rather obviate the bad situation.

Identity?

the uniform is horrible.the  helmet might be interesting but the uniform messes it up.

its like a 6th grader read that red and blue are the most popular colors so lets just make a red- blue uniform.

they look like the color version of a black/white negative photo.

they took the Dallas Texans and just swapped the red for blue in the base.

its the Texas flag in football uniform form

dont forget to put the brainwashing -Star- in the logo

1 hour ago, 1937redskins said:

Identity?

the uniform is horrible.the  helmet might be interesting but the uniform messes it up.

its like a 6th grader read that red and blue are the most popular colors so lets just make a red- blue uniform.

image.png

Smh. 

Their identity is great, especially for a team who hasn't been around that long. They could do worse. I mean, look at the Bobcats. They started at the same time, and Charlotte has been so inconsistent they changed their name. 

The uniform is great. I don't see what makes it "terrible".

The 6th grader analogy makes no sense, nor does the photo one. 

I wonder why they used the Dallas Texans as an inspiration. I'm sure it's not because they wanted a modernized version of the team they are named after. 

The Texas flag is one of the best, if not THE best state flag in the country. I definitely wouldn't mind a team that looks like that, as long as it doesn't look gaudy. 

How is the star brainwashing?

I think the Texans set is one of the best in the league, and the reasons you told us that explained why the Texans look awful make as much sense as the fact that your profile picture of a Rams helmet even though your name has Redskins right there. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

1 hour ago, 1937redskins said:

Identity?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Uglybus said:

image.png

Smh. 

Their identity is great, especially for a team who hasn't been around that long. They could do worse. I mean, look at the Bobcats. They started at the same time, and Charlotte has been so inconsistent they changed their name. 

The uniform is great. I don't see what makes it "terrible".

The 6th grader analogy makes no sense, nor does the photo one. 

I wonder why they used the Dallas Texans as an inspiration. I'm sure it's not because they wanted a modernized version of the team they are named after. 

The Texas flag is one of the best, if not THE best state flag in the country. I definitely wouldn't mind a team that looks like that, as long as it doesn't look gaudy. 

How is the star brainwashing?

I think the Texans set is one of the best in the league, and the reasons you told us that explained why the Texans look awful make as much sense as the fact that your profile picture of a Rams helmet even though your name has Redskins right there. 

I love theTexans helmet, but I think wearing a red jersey for most home games would be the way to go.  Too many blue jerseys in the NFL right now

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived