2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

This season is almost too good to be true. We got the Dolphins back in aqua pants, the Titans back in Columbia blue pants, and the Redskins back in burgundy pants!!! The last few seasons its been Dolphins in all white (like several other teams), Titans in white over navy blue (like many other teams) and Redskins in white over yellow (Steelers, Packers). Now we get unique colored pants like back before 2013 and I couldn't be happier. Plus we got the jets wearing white over green.

I'd also love to see Titans go navy jerseys with Columbia blue pants for a home game. The Columbia blue on the shoulders of both the white and navy jersey blends great with the lighter blue pants.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

If they changed the stripes on the yellow pants to a single burgundy stripe and a single white stripe, they would look much better. As the striping is now, it just adds to the inconsistency. And they definitely need solid burgundy socks rather than the striped ones.

But this is so much better than white over yellow:

IMG_2193.JPG

That, folks, is the Redskins... Classic look

Seahawks posted this before the game, announcing the uniform combination.  Kind of funny, as they have simply worn blue over blue for every regular season home game for over a decade. It is the first time I have seen a uniform announcement for the inactive players (blue polo). 

14484712_10153819833021722_3947295973182877484_n.jpg

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 to 48 hours after a game to post corrections as 99% of the time I am not able to sit and post at the time of the game(s).

Regular Season Week 4 (Part1) (BYES: Packers, Eagles)
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ej71tBe.jpg2TAvQgm.jpg
Colts @ Jaguars (Wembley)
bQHLOWc.jpgvoHInJq.jpg
Titans @ Texans
sknVDM9.jpgwecqGS9.jpg
Browns @ Redskins
2AKKypG.pngoHoxmWU.jpg
Seahawks @ Jets
siEP2wS.jpgkuEbaP7.jpg

2 minutes ago, canzman said:

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 to 48 hours after a game to post corrections as 99% of the time I am not able to sit and post at the time of the game(s).

Regular Season Week 4 (Part1) (BYES: Packers, Eagles)
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ej71tBe.jpg2TAvQgm.jpg
Colts @ Jaguars (Wembley)
bQHLOWc.jpgGSoezns.jpg
Titans @ Texans
zksJ8le.jpgwecqGS9.jpg
Browns @ Redskins
oHoxmWU.jpgNZtooKy.jpg
Seahawks @ Jets
Bl8yQ7x.jpgOEiIFzy.jpg

I was hoping jets would wear white so Seahawks wear blue with gray pants. Only chances left for them in the regular season to wear that uniform combo now is week 8 away vs New Orleans and week 12 away vs Tampa Bay

4 minutes ago, PackerFan98 said:

The crest on the Jags jersey will read"Jaguars" instead of "Jags" because it's an offensive term in the UK

What is your source for this as it wasn't changed last season for their UK game against the Bills (Link) or the year before against the Cowboys (Link)?

2 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Anyone know why the NFL has the helmet rule where you can't wear different helmets during the season? The Bengals uniforms would look so much better with white helmets

its believed that the helmets need to be broken in to get a good fit, or that fit changes between helmets thus causing more concussions. It's really just to cover the NFL's ass for future lawsuits from players to say they were taking precautions to prevent head injuries since there is no evidence that shows the contrary. 

5 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Anyone know why the NFL has the helmet rule where you can't wear different helmets during the season? The Bengals uniforms would look so much better with white helmets

At the time it was instituted they stated it was for player safety.

16 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

That, folks, is the Redskins... Classic look

Not if you are of a certain age.  Their classic look involves yellow pants to some of us.

I've got no problem with the burgundy pants, as long as they are ONLY worn with the white jersey.

It's where I sit.

57 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not if you are of a certain age.  Their classic look involves yellow pants to some of us.

I've got no problem with the burgundy pants, as long as they are ONLY worn with the white jersey.

i was just referring to that particular uniform, but yes the yellow pants are better with the home jerseys.

48 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

How the Redskins main uniform set SHOULD BE:  

Home: burgundy jersey / yellow pants

Away: white jersey/ burgundy pants  

White pants should be a third option for the team. Interestingly, in Madden 17, the Redskins Color Rush Alternate is all white which looks great.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived