Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

On 9/7/2017 at 10:16 AM, the admiral said:

Well hey, other than 66.66% of the letters being messed up and the fonts not matching, looks like a winner.

That’s exactly my point. It is, in fact, possible to start with a successful idea or color perspective and finish it by getting the details wrong.

Think of it like a terribly dated house with “good bones.”

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This alternate "motto on front" nonsense is utter crap. The NBA's stooping hard down to minor league level. And I thought "Rip City" was bad...

You're the Toronto Raptors, not "The North".

PREACH

I personally dislike motto's on jerseys but i have to admit i might be ok with this "North" thing. I can see the Raptors are still going in the "representing the whole Canada" direction, when they should go back to being the Raptors, with their cool logos, fonts, colors and designs. I just hope they add the purple back to the mix, seeing how the Dino jerseys are still popular and i think the best selling jerseys of the bunch.

Btw i'm still waiting for the Spurs to confirm their new primary (or Global or whatever) logo.

pn5Vq6F.png

11 minutes ago, MkDon said:

I personally dislike motto's on jerseys but i have to admit i might be ok with this "North" thing. I can see the Raptors are still going in the "representing the whole Canada" direction, when they should go back to being the Raptors, with their cool logos, fonts, colors and designs. I just hope they add the purple back to the mix, seeing how the Dino jerseys are still popular and i think the best selling jerseys of the bunch.

Btw i'm still waiting for the Spurs to confirm their new primary (or Global or whatever) logo.

pn5Vq6F.png

Well...they use it on their website.  Maybe I'm confused as to what you're hoping they will confirm.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Well...they use it on their website.  Maybe I'm confused as to what you're hoping they will confirm.

The Motherboard is waiting for official confirmation i guess. The NBA site is already using it.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Not to mention they've already released their new white and black uniforms with the new wordmark on them. Maybe the team hasn't acknowledged the new logo with a press release or anything, but they're already using it in a variety of ways.

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Meh, it's alright. Would like it better if it just wasn't an already-existing font: http://www.dafont.com/chinese-rocks.font

Could they not be bothered to create something customized for an organization that makes millions of dollars in revenue? :mellow:

I like to think they were just being magnanimous towards we amateur concept designers.

42 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not to mention they've already released their new white and black uniforms with the new wordmark on them. Maybe the team hasn't acknowledged the new logo with a press release or anything, but they're already using it in a variety of ways.

That's a very Spursy move, though. Official announcement will be a grouchy Pop saying "we changed the font a little bit. So what." to a reporter after a practice.

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Meh, it's alright. Would like it better if it just wasn't an already-existing font: http://www.dafont.com/chinese-rocks.font

Could they not be bothered to create something customized for an organization that makes millions of dollars in revenue? :mellow:

will not be the chinese rocks font on the jersey. I just used it as a place holder. All i know is it will just say "NORTH" on the front, and will be on a black template. My guess is the "We The Letters" font. 

1 hour ago, the_Raptors_king said:

will not be the chinese rocks font on the jersey. I just used it as a place holder. All i know is it will just say "NORTH" on the front, and will be on a black template. My guess is the "We The Letters" font. 

Do you have any informations about their 3rd uniforms? "OVO" or something new?

6 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Do you have any informations about their 3rd uniforms? "OVO" or something new?

I am fairly sure that the 3 uniforms are very similar to what we have now, following what we had last season, Home (White and Red), Road (Red and Black), and the 3rd Jersey (Black and Red). This uniform that says NORTH would be the 4th Uni

10 hours ago, mjd77 said:

If this is the level of stupidity we are going to see with some of these 4th jerseys, I'd rather see the sleeves back.

Sleeves will always be the worst thing ever.

12 minutes ago, C's said:

Sleeves will always be the worst thing ever.

I just pray my Chicago Bulls don't reveal any "Chi-town" jerseys anytime soon. 

On 9/8/2017 at 8:50 PM, Shadojoker said:

I just pray my Chicago Bulls don't reveal any "Chi-town" jerseys anytime soon. 

As long as the Pacers don't have a Nap Town jersey, I'm fine.

I'm not sure why the new practice jerseys in NBA 2K18 have nicknames. Maybe it's just an in-game thing?

EDIT: It is an in-game thing. I ran a regular scrimmage in 2KU and the names were normal, but in MyCareer it shows Nicknames when you do a workout with the team.

ae3bd1c8-ac2d-4d88-bd60-f70c9ad9b306.png

On 9/8/2017 at 9:46 AM, Conrad. said:

If something exists that fits the direction, it doesn't matter or make any difference whether something's customized or not.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, Quillz said:

This... is so, so awful. So "North" is now a nickname for Toronto? Really? Will the Warriors get a "Hella" jersey? Maybe the Nuggets can get a "303" jersey.

I normally don't have issues with alternate jerseys, but stuff like this is going too far.

Maybe a Sixers "The Process" jersey 🤞