Luke_Groundrunner

Ice Cube, and Allen Iverson formally announce the BIG3 (3-on-3 Professional Basketball League).

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Interesting that Trilogy has a champions badge..

Well they are the defending league champions. Not unheard of. If I had to guess, the badges were only worn tonight since it was the season opener.

Meanwhile, Trilogy finally lost a game after going undefeated last year.

Nate Robinson is still a scrappy little dude lol. Damn near started a post game brawl.

These players in this league may not be in the primes anymore, but they're all still competitive as hell.

So as the reigning champions Trilogy gets to play in the final game of the night every week?

Well...they drop a surprise on us with this silver 'Trilospurs' number.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788191-ice-cube-says-ea-2k-sports-interested-in-big-3-video-game?share=other

This could be interesting and potentially fun, under certain circumstances. I’ve never watched a BIG3 game but the concept seems interesting. From a purely video game perspective, if this is a $20ish fun little game that isn’t trying to be a AAA 2K clone, I’d try it. Imo it could also work as a game mode or addition to 2K or Live, although I’m sure EA or 2K would make it a ridiculously overpriced DLC. 

(also posted in the video games thread)

So I've been flipping back and forth between the BIG3 & The Basketball Tournament games tonight then suddenly realized that I didn't watch a single second of the NBA Summer League ? 

Ah well ?

20 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

So I've been flipping back and forth between the BIG3 & The Basketball Tournament games tonight then suddenly realized that I didn't watch a single second of the NBA Summer League ? 

Ah well ?

They weren't as agressive trying to get people to watch this year. I barely caught any games this year.

53 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They weren't as agressive trying to get people to watch this year. I barely caught any games this year.

A live Friday night timeslot hasn't helped.  Some of the nights on big FOX with 5pm starts were jettisoned to another FOX affiliated channel on the west coast.