72freebie

NHL 90s Series (Calgary Flames added 24/34)

109 posts in this topic

I love stuff thta's zany, ridiculous & fun. This thread is full of great looks and I can't wait to see more. My fave is Columbus. It's a design that shouldn't work but does. 

 

Are there plans to do defunct teams after every NHL team is done?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up is the New York Rangers. I know that a lot of people wanted to see the liberty logo used but I went a different route and updated the classic look with an edgier script logo used on their secondary logo from the 90s. The design uses simple striping that is made edgy and is also used on the yoke and side panels.

Rangers-90s.thumb.png.ccb4a075752a11733e3b5346ecf8cee0.png

 

Also here is another version of the ducks with an eggplant colored jersey. I still prefer the original but this looks good too.

ducks-90s2.thumb.png.fdec1c0c8de0cd4d99b81bc9a00b2fa9.png

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers look great though they don't really look like a product of the 90's.  If they sought to modernize their look right now I could see them doing something similar to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @Morgo, New York doesn't seem 90's to me. The font does, the idea of updating the Rangers classic look does, but the side panels feels more like late 2000's than 90's. However, that font choice & the yoke looks great. I just feel the striping & panels need to look more like the Rangers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The side panels are definitely a Reebok Edge thing. The truncated sleeve stripes are the same thing. It's a little too much like their stadium series jersey, though I like the shoulders and word font. I would do a hemline stripe based on the top of this logo in your color scheme and match the sleeves accordingly.148.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely agree with you guys now, The Rangers concept did look a little too modern. So I went back and started from scratch, Tell me if this is 90s enough.

 

Rangers-90s-2.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's '90s as all hell. Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 72freebie said:

I definitely agree with you guys now, The Rangers concept did look a little too modern. So I went back and started from scratch, Tell me if this is 90s enough.

 

Rangers-90s-2.png

There we go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect, best one yet.  I love that you went with red for the home just in case it wasn't "out there" enough :P .

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2017 at 2:47 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the New York Rangers. I know that a lot of people wanted to see the liberty logo used but I went a different route and updated the classic look with an edgier script logo used on their secondary logo from the 90s. The design uses simple striping that is made edgy and is also used on the yoke and side panels.

Rangers-90s.thumb.png.ccb4a075752a11733e3b5346ecf8cee0.png

 

Also here is another version of the ducks with an eggplant colored jersey. I still prefer the original but this looks good too.

ducks-90s2.thumb.png.fdec1c0c8de0cd4d99b81bc9a00b2fa9.png

The Rangers' set here is the first one that doesn't really look '90s to me - it looks more early-2000s, and most sports designs from then make me shudder. It isn't bad, but it isn't great like most of the others. The red Lady Liberty jersey (sweater, whatever) looks much more '90s to me, and also better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers in full red looks super weird, but I think it is growing on me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love how the shape of the ducks striping is an extension of the triangle shield shape from the logo. That is gorgeous. I'd honestly support using that idea on a future ducks jersey and might steal that idea if I ever do a ducks concept lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's 90's as hell & I love it. 

 

It makes me wish the league would do a Zany 90's Night given nostalgia is in right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next is the Vancouver Canucks. The striping is taken straight from the logo so because of that, there is a lot of it. The hem stripe follows the angle of the logo.There isn't any arm striping but instead some V yoke striping. This is a busy look but I think it works really well with the logo. let's hear what you think!

Canucks-90s.thumb.png.b90e927e1d7134c5d89f453e4d4cda13.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:notworthy:

This is all I need to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next team is the New Jersey Devils. I knew that I needed to have a big devil tail on here somewhere and I found that I really liked it on the hem. It also has a wild yoke designa nd a recolored logo from the red jersey.

 

Devils-90s.png

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double sided tail? Aside from that, it's good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 72freebie said:

Next team is the New Jersey Devils. I knew that I needed to have a big devil tail on here somewhere and I found that I really liked it on the hem. It also has a wild yoke designa nd a recolored logo from the red jersey.

 

Devils-90s.png

 

The tail does look weird in the front.
Maybe have the stripe solid across the front and end with the tail in the back; sort of like a loose belt? Or just have it start on the right side, solid across the front and end with the tail in the back. Good ole 90's asymmetry.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya now that I think about it, it makes more sense for the tail to only be on the back. I think this fixes the problem.

Devils-90s.png

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now