2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

Hamilton's uniforms have been ruined by Adidas in my opinion. Their last uniforms were perfect. The striping on the pants made their all-black look quite a sharp look once in a while. Now, it just looks like a morphsuit. The pant striping is something I really miss with Hamilton's uniforms. As for getting rid of their gold pants, hell no. Those are by far their best pants.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, Raptorman415 said:

Hamilton should get rid of their yellow pants. Black pants make their uniform look better.

I'd say black pants should stay with the white jersey or an alternate gold jersey, and yellow pants should be worn with the black jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/19/2017 at 7:02 PM, DNAsports said:

I'd give the Eskimos uniforms a solid 9/10. The changes that need to be made are enlarging the helmet logo and making the jersey stripes look like they aren't just slapped on there. Move them to the sleeves and call it a day.

Ditto for me too;the Eskimos uniforms in the 80's were the best. Even though they were essentially knock-off's of the Packers, they were a lot better than the current uniforms.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:01 AM, Raptorman415 said:

Hamilton should get rid of their yellow pants. Black pants make their uniform look better.

I agree, but IMHO, the yellow pants with the thick black stripes were the best.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:10 AM, nash61 said:

Those helmets ruin everything. Just change the freaking mask already.

ws20170714kk37.jpg

Really, how hard is it?

CFL-Argos.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The CFL is set up in a way that there should be no helmet crossover between teams. 

BC: Orange

Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow
Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Blue
Winnipeg: Gold

The only problem with this is that there is 2 teams with team colors of red & black. What is your theory of Ottawa having silver?

4 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

The only problem with this is that there is 2 teams with team colors of red & black. What is your theory of Ottawa having silver?

I would rather see Calgary add gray, like they had back in the day.

Hufnagel.John-Calg1_small.JPG

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

I honestly don't mind the Stampeders' current look - it's not bad at all for a modern uniform set. With that said, I think this is the closest they've come to perfection:

JVyqYUA.jpg

bGnu2cL.jpg

nahtwKz.jpg

Just get rid of the side panels, put the horse logo on the helmets, and you have a distinctive, yet classic uniform that stands the test of time.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

4 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

I second that

That would be quite an improvement. I actually really like their mid-90's uniforms. If they could add a little silver to those, I think they would have a real winner.

On July 23, 2017 at 3:56 AM, Tygers09 said:

Just because the team is named the RedBlacks, doesn't mean that they exclusively have to use red and black. They already wear a white helmet, why not split the difference?

RedBlacks.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 2017-07-22 at 3:28 AM, Chewbacca said:

Hamilton's uniforms have been ruined by Adidas in my opinion. Their last uniforms were perfect. The striping on the pants made their all-black look quite a sharp look once in a while. Now, it just looks like a morphsuit. The pant striping is something I really miss with Hamilton's uniforms. As for getting rid of their gold pants, hell no. Those are by far their best pants.

Couldnt agree more. Any combo of their home/away with black or yellow pants was perfect before adidas.

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

Just because the team is named the RedBlacks, doesn't mean that they exclusively have to use red and black. They already wear a white helmet, why not split the difference?

RedBlacks.png

To me, this is a 110% improvement over what they currently wear. 

I love that this features actual pant stripes versus the Twitter hashtag they wear now.  Great work.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

White helmets, pants, and socks with the navy home jerseys tonight for the Argos. Looks pretty bad.

..... And that stupid truncated pant stripe. They looked so good a few years back, now it has come to this.

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

White helmets, pants, and socks with the navy home jerseys tonight for the Argos. Looks pretty bad.

9 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

..... And that stupid truncated pant stripe. They looked so good a few years back, now it has come to this.

I also think that the truncated stripe looks bad. But that one flaw does not detract very much from an overall beautiful uniform.

The Argos have plenty going for them: the sleeve stripes, the white helmets (with a clean single stripe), the dignified logo. 

The only thing that doesn't look right is when they wear blue over blue. But their other three jersey-pants combinations are gorgeous.

Even taking into consideration the stripe problem and the occasional unfortunate wearing of an all-blue set, I'd still rank the Argos as the best-looking team in the CFL and the NFL combined.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

11 hours ago, nash61 said:

RedBlacks.png

Now that's a sharp uniform set!

11 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I also think that the truncated stripe looks bad. But that one flaw does not detract very much from an overall beautiful uniform.

The Argos have plenty going for them: the sleeve stripes, the white helmets (with a clean single stripe), the dignified logo. 

The only thing that doesn't look right is when they wear blue over blue. But their other three jersey-pants combinations are gorgeous.

Even taking into consideration the stripe problem and the occasional unfortunate wearing of an all-blue set, I'd still rank the Argos as the best-looking team in the CFL and the NFL combined.

The helmet with one stripe and white facemask doesn't look right when attached to that jersey. The pants stripe is the least of their worries.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2017-07-23 at 10:01 AM, Lights Out said:

I honestly don't mind the Stampeders' current look - it's not bad at all for a modern uniform set.

It's a goofy clown suit. The set's biggest sin is the promotion of black to secondary colour status. The Stamps were always a red and white or red and silver team. It was a unique look. Not just in the CFL, but in pro football as a whole. 

Red and black is just so overdone in sports in general. And it was always Ottawa's colour scheme as far as the CFL went. 

Calgary apparently designating the black helmets as their full time helmet is just the final straw. A once great and unique look's ruined. 

Archived