2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

These uniforms will always remind me of a great time in Argos history, in fact the Flutie and Pinball years were when I really got into the CFL,  but I think they were a little too gimmicky.

Left as-is, they're still better than the Argos' current look, IMO. Take the logos off the shoulders and work some of that teal color into the pants stripes and it's a modern classic. Some navy pants to wear on the road would have been nice too.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just now, Lights Out said:

Left as-is, they're still better than the Argos' current look, IMO. Take the logos off the shoulders and work some of that teal color into the pants stripes and it's a modern classic. Some navy pants to wear on the road would have been nice too.

More teal? 

I disagree. Teal need to be gone, they are the double blue. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

38 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Meh, I think the Argos JERSEYS are the best they've looked. 

Pant stripes going all the way down would have made them fantastic as well. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

Did anyone else notice that the Argos got rid of the tapered helmet stripe?  (I did spot one player that still had it though.)

Argo2.JPG

Argo1.JPG

Good catch, as it's kind of a minor change.

Old: 

1297959006419_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

I don't mind the white masks, but those helmets could really use some Oxford blue stripes around the light blue center stripe.

Thin Oxford blue stripes around the Columbia stripe would look good...like the middle striping pattern on the sleeves.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Will say this about the Argos helmet: The stripe makes what was once a 'blah' helmet much better.

Now if the Ti-Cats can put a yellow stripe in their helmets (like they did in the past), that would make it look better, as well. :D

UBwef0L.png

White masks look bad on the Argos, but at least they got the pants right this week.

1297967706203_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Compare:

ricky-ray.jpg

16164430_620x350_975885379689.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

White helmets period look bad on Toronto.

I disagree. I really like the white helmet, blue mask, white jersey, blue pants look.

I feel they can pull it off better than Sask can.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

18 hours ago, nash61 said:

ricky-ray.jpg

16164430_620x350_975885379689.jpg

The all white look almost has a "stand-in" quality to it. It's like that helmet is just something thrown together quickly for promo purposes (like the Texans' white helmets). The ones with blue masks and three stripes looks more "complete" for lack of a better term.

23 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nope. The Argos have the best look in the league.

If only they would have just used the white helmet from last year............

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I just noticed that the Argos redid their mascot, Jason.

Before:

1008061835c9a840787f72843c.gif

After:
argos02.jpg

The Ticats redid their mascot a few years ago.

Before:
20080712-0583.jpg

After:
BeFit7859.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Jason looks sick now.

.......I don't mean that as a slang term.

Archived