2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

56 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Have we seen all orange or even orange over white since the Browns unveiled this new set?

They’ve gone orange over white and orange over brown, but (thankfully) not all-orange. The orange over white actually looks pretty good, all things considered.

DB26227F-87E8-4FFC-9E0C-191BD8C7D20A.thumb.jpeg.3967bd89bf85c73c17c448908e0e8c6c.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They’ve gone orange over white and orange over brown, but (thankfully) not all-orange. The orange over white actually looks pretty good, all things considered.

DB26227F-87E8-4FFC-9E0C-191BD8C7D20A.thumb.jpeg.3967bd89bf85c73c17c448908e0e8c6c.jpeg

Out of the new browns uniforms this is there best uniform combo orange over white over orange is the best 

On 10/27/2017 at 8:04 PM, andrewharrington said:

The socks are accurate. What baffles me is that the Bills have been wearing this throwback for like a decade and still haven’t fixed the sleeve stripes. They should be an inverse of the sock; four blue bands trimmed in red, the center two bands slightly heavier than the outer two.

I think the the main issue with the Dolphins’ look is that the orange is too minimal at a glance, and the dark blue relegates it even further. Change all the dark blue to orange, and you have a building block, but the logo is still medium caliber. Truth be told, if this is the type of logo they want (more modern, minimal, and gestural), they should have used the old Dolphin Stadium logo and added a sun. That one was much more polished.

3171A48B-5933-4EBF-85BF-34BF13C32762.jpeg.e5e4ffbd57c7095abdf4f6d3235fe3ae.jpeg

Well, considering most of the Browns’ “mix-n-match” combos are gross, I’d say this is the best decision they’ve made in years.

You don’t deserve sartorial freedom when you’re awful. Focus on the football.

why do you feel orange isnt used enough? personally, i think the color ratios are one of the few things i really like about the identity- this carries over into every piece of marketing/branding material too.

i think when you have 2 intense colors like aqua and orange, its best not to use them equally. with aqua being such a unique color, i think thats the one that has to be the primary. using orange as a trim color allows eveeything to not be too overpowering; but theres also the seperation from the 60s look.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

44 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

why do you feel orange isnt used enough? personally, i think the color ratios are one of the few things i really like about the identity- this carries over into every piece of marketing/branding material too.

i think when you have 2 intense colors like aqua and orange, its best not to use them equally. with aqua being such a unique color, i think thats the one that has to be the primary. using orange as a trim color allows eveeything to not be too overpowering; but theres also the seperation from the 60s look.

No, no. I agree that the hierarchy needs to be primarily aqua and then orange, but the orange (really the trim in general) is too fine. It looks more like camera fuzz around the numbers and stripes than an intentional accent of color, especially at stadium viewing distances. The dark blue doesn’t help, either. It more powerfully defines the edge where the aqua and white meet because of its greater contrast with the white. Looking at these (and obviously this is closer than most seats), they may as well be an aqua and white team:

164129D7-30B6-49AC-ACAF-36B0C850CD13.jpeg.ef3d64a02203e1055e4b2490a6f1845b.jpegE9CB48F4-DF30-4077-8444-0347B7428EE4.thumb.jpeg.d949221583dd006782733c66d6523c03.jpeg

Now, compare that to some of the older looks, where the orange trim was a little heavier and maybe had little more presence in the stripe design. This looks like an aqua and orange team (emphasis still on the aqua). The design itself is too traditional for what they’re going for, but the color palette works better when the orange looks like more than an afterthought. That’s why my suggestion was to just make the dark blue orange, to give it that weight on the numbers and stripes.

93E97EFD-1599-43D7-A151-2C5DC2295D6A.thumb.jpeg.65ad6225a5d0900c1c61f15a80c1bfd5.jpeg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I caught some quick highlights of Buffalo and Oakland, and I could have sworn the Bills have their regular road jersey numbers sewn on their throwbacks. Can anyone confirm?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I caught some quick highlights of Buffalo and Oakland, and I could have sworn the Bills have their regular road jersey numbers sewn on their throwbacks. Can anyone confirm?

Nope. No navy outline on these numbers, unlike the regular road jerseys that have the navy outline. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Maybe I should be posting this on the unpopular opinions thread but I love the way Washington's helmet looks without stripes. As far as I'm concerned, the stripes are needless clutter.

This is what I think too. It reminds me of USC and makes me think they could do something like USC (helmet) mixed with Minnesota (jersey down) for a redesign.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-28-at-11.51.22-PM.pn

5268f8-20121228-minn-gophers3.jpg

usa-today-8939820.0.jpg

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Nope. No navy outline on these numbers, unlike the regular road jerseys that have the navy outline. 

Yep. It was just a deep shadow on the outside of the trim playing tricks on the TV I was watching.

26 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This is what I think too. It reminds me of USC and makes me think they could do something like USC (helmet) mixed with Minnesota (jersey down) for a redesign.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-28-at-11.51.22-PM.pn

5268f8-20121228-minn-gophers3.jpg

usa-today-8939820.0.jpg

I would agree with that sentiment. It would make for a sharp, simple and clean look 

Kind of OT and idk if it's been discussed here yet, but I saw a promo for Madden on TV and noticed that they accidentally used the Ravens' color rush socks with their normal aways. It is seriously much better than what they currently wear.

aaaab.thumb.jpeg.191a24ca52fc8145ae15a77c23ad11f8.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Lions appear to be going blue-on-blue tonight...

Dang, that was fixing to be one of the MUs of the year otherwise. Oh well.

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

No, no. I agree that the hierarchy needs to be primarily aqua and then orange, but the orange (really the trim in general) is too fine. It looks more like camera fuzz around the numbers and stripes than an intentional accent of color, especially at stadium viewing distances. The dark blue doesn’t help, either. It more powerfully defines the edge where the aqua and white meet because of its greater contrast with the white. Looking at these (and obviously this is closer than most seats), they may as well be an aqua and white team:

164129D7-30B6-49AC-ACAF-36B0C850CD13.jpeg.ef3d64a02203e1055e4b2490a6f1845b.jpegE9CB48F4-DF30-4077-8444-0347B7428EE4.thumb.jpeg.d949221583dd006782733c66d6523c03.jpeg

Now, compare that to some of the older looks, where the orange trim was a little heavier and maybe had little more presence in the stripe design. This looks like an aqua and orange team (emphasis still on the aqua). The design itself is too traditional for what they’re going for, but the color palette works better when the orange looks like more than an afterthought. That’s why my suggestion was to just make the dark blue orange, to give it that weight on the numbers and stripes.

93E97EFD-1599-43D7-A151-2C5DC2295D6A.thumb.jpeg.65ad6225a5d0900c1c61f15a80c1bfd5.jpeg

oh yea, we're definitely on the same page then. thats been a pet peeve of mine about this uniform since day 01. the super thin trim drives me nuts

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

33 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

oh yea, we're definitely on the same page then. thats been a pet peeve of mine about this uniform since day 01. the super thin trim drives me nuts

The content has been buried at this point, but I believe that I do remember ColorWerx revealing from official graphics back when they were unveiled in 2013 that the orange trim was actually thinner than the blue trim. Inconceivable.

Archived