2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL Week 7 Matchup Survey is now online if you would like to rate each of the matcups this week to determine the best looking game.

Please click this link to go to the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHb71gmcl8j0T0FkCcJiiDVeuLupgYO8fbbNrLS8Zv_ceqlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please click this link to go to the Uni Watch Fans Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514384468822500/

spacer.png

I posted week 9, jumping ahead to Week 10 which is relatively boring--- everyone is wearing their "normal" uniforms.  Rams are the only team wearing white at home which is expected (Houston in Navy).

Seahawks and Cardinals for Color Rush... Cardinals are home and will wear all black.  If lime green isn't enough contrast then I think we need to cancel the whole idea. So if the Seahawks do wear lime green that should spice up an otherwise mundane uniform week.

Cardinals logo on helmet is supposed to be metallic.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

I posted week 9, jumping ahead to Week 10 which is relatively boring--- everyone is wearing their "normal" uniforms.  Rams are the only team wearing white at home which is expected (Houston in Navy).

Seahawks and Cardinals for Color Rush... Cardinals are home and will wear all black.  If lime green isn't enough contrast then I think we need to cancel the whole idea. So if the Seahawks do wear lime green that should spice up an otherwise mundane uniform week.

Cardinals logo on helmet is supposed to be metallic.

I remember seeing last year in Madden the Cardinals had a slightly different helmet for color rush but I think it was hard to tell the difference in a video game

On 10/23/2017 at 12:59 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

The majority of Ravens players were wearing white cleats today, I thought that was interesting. I've always preferred their 1999-2003 combo with the white cleats and the single striped socks over their current look.

icon_336_244.jpg

GettyImages-654453.0.jpg

They started wearing the white cleats in Week 5 vs. Oakland.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, goforbroke said:

Eagles wearing green this week.  No alts this week, just the 2 throwbacks.

Week 8 will be the 8th consecutive week (12th if you count preseason) that the Eagles will wear white pants. That’s gotta be some kind of record for them

On 10/23/2017 at 11:20 AM, nuordr said:

The NFL Week 7 Matchup Survey is now online if you would like to rate each of the matcups this week to determine the best looking game.

Please click this link to go to the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHb71gmcl8j0T0FkCcJiiDVeuLupgYO8fbbNrLS8Zv_ceqlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please click this link to go to the Uni Watch Fans Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514384468822500/

The NFL Week 7 Uniform Matchup Results have been posted here: http://uniwatchfansfb.blogspot.com/2017/10/best-nfl-week-7-uniform-match-ups.html

Top 3: 

1) Dallas at San Francisco

2) Denver at LA Chargers

3) New Orleans at Green Bay

15) Jacksonville at Indianapolis 

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Fox said:

I would love to see Steelers vs. Lions as a color vs. color match-up

That would be interesting.

Do y'all think that the NFL would allow color vs. color match-ups much like we are starting to see in the NBA now?

On 10/24/2017 at 9:51 PM, 1stAndPhoremost said:

Week 8 will be the 8th consecutive week (12th if you count preseason) that the Eagles will wear white pants. That’s gotta be some kind of record for them

The first year of the midnight green (1996), they rarely wore the green pants that season. I think they only did it twice, maybe 3 times (at Atlanta, at Indianapolis, other?), and that includes the playoff loss at San Francisco

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

The first year of the midnight green (1996), they rarely wore the green pants that season. I think they only did it twice, maybe 3 times (at Atlanta, at Indianapolis, other?), and that includes the playoff loss at San Francisco

According to my old Excel files that I use to track this stuff, the midnight green pants were a rarity until 2003. Here's my (hopefully correct) breakdown:

1996: at Green Bay, at Atlanta, at Indianapolis, DALLAS (4)

1997: SAN FRANCISCO (w/ green jerseys, first instance of A1C uniform in NFL) (1)

1998: at NY Giants, at Green Bay (2)

1999: at NY Giants, at Chicago, at Arizona, ARIZONA, TAMPA BAY, DALLAS (6)

2000: at New Orleans, at NY Giants (2)

2001: at NY Giants, at Washington, at Tampa Bay, DALLAS (4)

2002: WASHINGTON (w/ green jerseys, A1C again) (1)

They wore them regularly until 2013, when they only wore them 3 times. In 2014, they didn't wear them until late in the year due to Nike's problems getting the green pants made.

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

That would be interesting.

Do y'all think that the NFL would allow color vs. color match-ups much like we are starting to see in the NBA now?

That was sort of supposed to be the point of Color Rush, except for the fact that the NFL considers white a "color" now, so it's more like Third Jersey Revenue Night now. 

Archived