2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

@arron, did you really need four seperate posts for all of that^? Maybe try to condense your thoughts a little bit next time instead of cluttering up the thread with four consecutive posts like that.

@upperV03 did you really need one post for that? Maybe try to private message your thoughts next time instead of cluttering up the thread.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, arron said:

Does anyone know if the nfl is doing anything for the 60th season of the AFL? And if they are, are teams wearing throwbacks 

As long as the current one-helmet rule is still in effect in 2019, I don't think we'll get to see throwbacks for every AFL team. But I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they'll change the rule before then. The 50th anniversary season was awesome. Even the throwback referee uniforms were great.

coaches_group_090321_SWIDE.jpg

68e2ccf5cb16e101b0e61c6d871a20d2.jpg

3 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

As long as the current one-helmet rule is still in effect in 2019, I don't think we'll get to see throwbacks for every AFL team. But I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they'll change the rule before then. The 50th anniversary season was awesome. Even the throwback referee uniforms were great.

coaches_group_090321_SWIDE.jpg

68e2ccf5cb16e101b0e61c6d871a20d2.jpg

Unless they do AFL anniversary the whole year. Plus some teams dont have to switch helmets just the logos the chragers, raiders, chiefs, bills 

I really don't think the 60th anniversary of the AFL will warrant any sort tribute like a 50th anniversary did. It most certainly won't move any teams to change their uniform for a whole year, which has never happened for any anniversary, period. It's just another ten years, and they didn't do any tributes ten years before it. Expect something for the 75th or 100th.

The NFL won't do something like that for an entire season though, too ambitious. They'll opt for some terrible moniker and "tribute" that each team must use.

Luckily we don't have to worry about that 'till 2019.

NSFCvyu.png

Something about that sort of rubbed me the wrong way. The Chiefs belong to Kansas City now, and you had them playing games as the KC Chiefs with the state of Texas on their helmets. Same with the Jets. I mean among the Jets fan base even those that go back to the Titans days...there really was never any nostalgia or clamoring to bring back that uniform. And the Broncos one was so aesthetically hideous that they should've just let them play in the 1968 uniforms when the D made it's debut on the helmet

I Stand Corrected:

I was previously very vocal in my opposition to the San Francisco 49'ers dropping the 3rd stripe on their sleeves, but after seeing them in action, the double-striped sleeves match well with the helmet and pants stripe.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 10/14/2017 at 2:05 AM, orangefaniniowa said:

I would like to see the Patriots (or for that matter the Seahawks) do something radical and have their silver/gray jersey as their primary away jersey.  I know I sometimes get tired having the same road jersey being pure white all the time.  At least have New England use a white jersey as an alternate away jersey to be worn once or twice a year.  Why not?

I honestly would rather see a red alternate happen with the silver pants.

I have the silver alternate but rarely wear it.

11 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I honestly would rather see a red alternate happen with the silver pants.

I have the silver alternate but rarely wear it.

If the red looked like the home jersey im fine with the red on silver but if its the throwback red jersey it needs to be red over white.

3 hours ago, arron said:

If the red looked like the home jersey im fine with the red on silver but if its the throwback red jersey it needs to be red over white.

It would the red that looks like home jersey.  However I agree with the throwback red jersry bit though

4 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Jags bringing back the teal jerseys! 

That's odd. This will mark the third time in the last six years that they have worn teal in a regular season game, and it will have been twice against the Bengals. I wonder how they make these decisions.

Archived