2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to last week for a sec, You know what's annoying about the whole patriots white pants thing is that the color rush is so important that they actually had to have the white pants made-- regardless of when they were designed or whatever.     For me if the color on color matchup isn't working why not have the patriots just wear their normal Road uniforms with silver pants.  The novelty of color rush (it's intent anyway) is to wear color versus color. Not necessarily monotone versus monotone. I feel like the NFL doesn't seem to understand that.   if color on color doesn't work then is color versus head-to-toe white really that important? What benefit is it to anyone if the patriots wear white or gray pants-- that's just nothing.   Color vs color I can see people thinking it's cool visually, I'm one of them, although I don't need the head-to-toe socks and cleats but in general if it was like yellow vs blue or whatever it would be cool.   But they obsess over everything being full monotone it just loses the whole point

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

7 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Going back to last week for a sec, You know what's annoying about the whole patriots white pants thing is that the color rush is so important that they actually had to have the white pants made-- regardless of when they were designed or whatever. For me if the color on color matchup isn't working why not have the patriots just wear their normal Road uniforms with silver pants. The novelty of color rush (it's intent anyway) is to wear color versus color. Not necessarily monochrome versus monochrome. I feel like the NFL doesn't seem to understand that if color on color doesn't work then is color versus head-to-toe white really that important? What benefit is it to anyone if the patriots wear white or gray pants-- that's just nothing. Color vs color I can see people thinking it's cool visually, I'm one of them, although I don't need the head-to-toe socks and cleats but in general if it was like yellow vs blue or whatever it would be cool. But they obsess over everything being full monochrome it just loses the whole point

FIFY, also toned down your yell just a tad. :wink2:

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Going back to last week for a sec, You know what's annoying about the whole patriots white pants thing is that the color rush is so important that they actually had to have the white pants made-- regardless of when they were designed or whatever.     For me if the color on color matchup isn't working why not have the patriots just wear their normal Road uniforms with silver pants.  The novelty of color rush (it's intent anyway) is to wear color versus color. Not necessarily monotone versus monotone. I feel like the NFL doesn't seem to understand that.   if color on color doesn't work then is color versus head-to-toe white really that important? What benefit is it to anyone if the patriots wear white or gray pants-- that's just nothing.   Color vs color I can see people thinking it's cool visually, I'm one of them, although I don't need the head-to-toe socks and cleats but in general if it was like yellow vs blue or whatever it would be cool.   But they obsess over everything being full monotone it just loses the whole point

I wouldve liked to see the pats in white over silver but u gotta admit the white over white looked good

I'm not colour blind, but I think if the Patriots had worn their regular home silver/blue/silver versus the Buccaneers' all red, it should have been easy to tell the two apart. Like goforbroke said, it's really Monochrome Rush, which I don't think any of us are really that excited to see.

I doubt this is the right place for this but I couldn't think of anywhere else.

In the Eagles-Panthers TNF tonight the Panthers logo on CBS graphics had the jawline below the bottom set of teeth filled in white when it's normally blue. 

Seems like a unnecessary change to me just wanted to point it out.20171012_233618.thumb.jpg.ce728d4f2c61ba90588059fb91a61426.jpglarge.thumb.png.5720afdbc0d106a8f43bb3fc976fa5a5.png

13 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

It's Color Rush so "bad" isn't really an issue.

13 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

Because they're bad and too close to white:

pat-03-07-silver-tomcroke-vert-620x959.j

I would like to see the Patriots (or for that matter the Seahawks) do something radical and have their silver/gray jersey as their primary away jersey.  I know I sometimes get tired having the same road jersey being pure white all the time.  At least have New England use a white jersey as an alternate away jersey to be worn once or twice a year.  Why not?

21 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

It's Color Rush so "bad" isn't really an issue.

Touché.

7 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I would like to see the Patriots (or for that matter the Seahawks) do something radical and have their silver/gray jersey as their primary away jersey.  I know I sometimes get tired having the same road jersey being pure white all the time.  At least have New England use a white jersey as an alternate away jersey to be worn once or twice a year.  Why not?

They cannot wear grey fulltime. Since the grey uniforms are alternates and you can only wear alts twice (at most), you'd still have to wear the primary's or whites for the other six road games. Additionally, the NFL has stated since 1960 that each team must have a "dark" and "white" uniform (of course it was originally supposed to be home/away but we know what happened).

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

Touché.

They cannot wear grey fulltime. Since the grey uniforms are alternates and you can only wear alts twice (at most), you'd still have to wear the primary's or whites for the other six road games. Additionally, the NFL has stated since 1960 that each team must have a "dark" and "white" uniform (of course it was originally supposed to be home/away but we know what happened).

I know, but I believe the rules can be tweaked.  As long as its a very light color (white, silver, etc.), then it could pass.  Sometimes it tires me to watch the same color vs white matchup all the time.  IMO, the Patriots silver jersey alts in the 2000s were the best alts in the NFL and surprised they scrapped them.  Heck you can say it looks better and pops up more than the regular white road jerseys they wore.  But its an opinion and I am entitled to it.

The only way the pats wear silver is if they redisgn there uniforms. They haven't worn silver since 2007. IM JUST SAYING  this week i would want them to wear silver/ home grey pants/ blue socks, yes ik that's like what the seahawks do but that would be the best look 

This would be a nice helmet but with a red face mask. But u can switch to a white face mask with the throwbacks and put the throwback logo and the right stripes. Or they could just use a gray face mask  cause the jets changed to white facemasks a week or two ago

image.jpeg

Archived