Sign in to follow this  
ckunz

Best College Football Uniform Matchups: Week 7

Recommended Posts

ChicagoOakland    432

ECU/Va Tech was pretty nice looking too.

Shame that ECU is so terrible this year.

 

Virginia Tech’s Cam Phillips (5) breaks away from the grasp of East Carolina’s Corey Seargent (5) during the first half of an NCAA college football game in Greenville, N.C., Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017. (AP Photo/Karl B DeBlaker)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42

I'll throw my top 5 from Week 4 up (no order)

The majority of my favorite looks from this week are blue/red games. Which seems to be my trend for the season too. Feel free to add because there was plenty of good looking games this weekend. 

12862480.jpeg

cgnews-navy-vs-cincinnati-football-20170922-015.jpg

img_10301657.jpg

852564162.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Germanshepherd    563

1. UCLA-Stanford like seen above 

2. Florida State-NC State

3. Michigan State-Notre Dame

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42
4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

1. UCLA-Stanford like seen above 

2. Florida State-NC State

3. Michigan State-Notre Dame

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

Michigan State all green is amazing. Are those new helmets? Matte?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WSU151    2,545
11 minutes ago, ckunz said:

Michigan State all green is amazing. Are those new helmets? Matte?

 

Satin - debuted in 2015. Michigan State looked good in all green, but the g/g/w gets a higher grade from me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Satin - debuted in 2015. Michigan State looked good in all green, but the g/g/w gets a higher grade from me.  

What is the difference between satin and matte? is satin just shinier? haha. On second thought, g/g/w is better hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WSU151    2,545
6 hours ago, ckunz said:

What is the difference between satin and matte? is satin just shinier? haha. On second thought, g/g/w is better hahaha

 

As weird/simplistic as it sounds, satin is indeed just shinier than matte.  Satin has a sheen in-between a matte and a regular gloss finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upperV03    2,398

In no particular order, here’s my top three for this week:

9C55B012-E07B-47F8-9917-758B42880E0D.thumb.jpeg.c3dff3a4c3e68d8487e7befa4fdfec82.jpeg502139B9-5319-45AD-81E0-FEB39D094927.jpeg.19ed1fbdb98c3da676d65d0356484425.jpeg

EAEE237E-3712-4A85-819A-2D28C7378D31.thumb.jpeg.2bc5734fcf2862dadc8e743eaa085bf6.jpeg

And, as biased as I am as a Ducks fan, I thought Oregon/Cal was a pretty good looking game (though nowhere near as good as the three games pictured above):

ADA3A96A-5B7E-407E-906B-8DEA347E266D.thumb.jpeg.2175fed9ea586186d0a207e030e0b4ff.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJWalker45    1,070

I think if Indians went with stripes on the shoulders ala La Tech they'd look even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Germanshepherd    563

This week was pretty frustrating for me. So many matchups were one or two elements away from best of the year material (UNC/GT if UNC wears white pants, AUB/MSST if MSST wears gray pants, etc.) There were only 2 matchups this week with uniforms I liked that were best possible combo vs. best possible combo. 

 

No 1. goes to Ole Miss/Alabama. Ole Miss' powder blues are wonderful and make a mismatched uniform work really well in a quirky sort of way and I think it looks great especially against Alabama, who always looks solid. 

 

No. 2 goes to Wisconsin/Northwestern the colors in this one look great, even if I still have some issues with Wisc's set. 

 

No. 3 goes to Indiana/Penn State

 

Indiana's jerseys are really boring but thankfully the helmet/pants make up for it and add in Penn State's throwbacks plus a gorgeous sunny setting that will get you a spot on the list. 

 

 

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42
On 9/27/2017 at 4:08 AM, WSU151 said:

 

As weird/simplistic as it sounds, satin is indeed just shinier than matte.  Satin has a sheen in-between a matte and a regular gloss finish.

Ohhhhhh. That makes more sense. Thank you so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42
On 10/1/2017 at 2:39 PM, Germanshepherd said:

This week was pretty frustrating for me. So many matchups were one or two elements away from best of the year material (UNC/GT if UNC wears white pants, AUB/MSST if MSST wears gray pants, etc.) There were only 2 matchups this week with uniforms I liked that were best possible combo vs. best possible combo. 

 

No 1. goes to Ole Miss/Alabama. Ole Miss' powder blues are wonderful and make a mismatched uniform work really well in a quirky sort of way and I think it looks great especially against Alabama, who always looks solid. 

 

No. 2 goes to Wisconsin/Northwestern the colors in this one look great, even if I still have some issues with Wisc's set. 

 

No. 3 goes to Indiana/Penn State

 

Indiana's jerseys are really boring but thankfully the helmet/pants make up for it and add in Penn State's throwbacks plus a gorgeous sunny setting that will get you a spot on the list. 

 

 

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

I actually really love the UW Under Armor set they have now. 

Penn States were gorgeous. Everything about them. I do agree with you about Indiana though. This weeks striped helmet with matching pants makes their look so much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42

Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend. 

UL-Murray State: Personally, i think the Cardinals W/R/W is their best look. Just enough chrome on their helmet with face mask and decal. Sure Murray state has a relatively boring set, but

I think the helmet makes up for it.

TT-Oklahoma St: I am in love with all of the Red Raiders combos. But if i'm not mistaken these were a special throwback look. I believe they wore a similar set but with a black jersey last season. They really nailed it with W/R/W. Oklahoma state is the best looking team in the Big 12 (aside from TCU some weeks). And the black helmet and gray pants looked great together.

UCLA-Colorado: The Bruins surprised everyone by going all white (including helmets). And I honestly don't mind them at all. I thought it looked really good especially against the Buffs all black.

Memphis-UCF: Memphis certainly has a unique look in college football. Don't know much I like the tiger stripe helmets but they had the right idea going with W/W/B. The jerseys are perfect and the plain blue pants compliment it very well. UCF game out with a very strong look. I can't remember the exact name of this set  but the shoulder design looks amazing in the light.

 

1j6Xyc45-640.jpg

TTUvsOSU_ET_170930_3_of_.jpg

uc.jpg

636424024408860835--I7Y5567.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WSU151    2,545
19 minutes ago, ckunz said:

Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend. 

UL-Murray State: Personally, i think the Cardinals W/R/W is their best look. Just enough chrome on their helmet with face mask and decal. Sure Murray state has a relatively boring set, but

I think the helmet makes up for it.

TT-Oklahoma St: I am in love with all of the Red Raiders combos. But if i'm not mistaken these were a special throwback look. I believe they wore a similar set but with a black jersey last season. They really nailed it with W/R/W. Oklahoma state is the best looking team in the Big 12 (aside from TCU some weeks). And the black helmet and gray pants looked great together.

UCLA-Colorado: The Bruins surprised everyone by going all white (including helmets). And I honestly don't mind them at all. I thought it looked really good especially against the Buffs all black.

Memphis-UCF: Memphis certainly has a unique look in college football. Don't know much I like the tiger stripe helmets but they had the right idea going with W/W/B. The jerseys are perfect and the plain blue pants compliment it very well. UCF game out with a very strong look. I can't remember the exact name of this set  but the shoulder design looks amazing in the light.

 

1j6Xyc45-640.jpg

TTUvsOSU_ET_170930_3_of_.jpg

 

 

As long as I've been watching Louisville football, they've always had some stripes on the white helmet, so I wish they had brought them back.  There are a lot of "Cardinals" teams with white helmets and no stripes - Arizona Cardinals, Ball State (at least traditionally), Illinois State, Lamar, et al.

 

And Texas Tech did look good...they've done well with their throwback unis the last few years.  I like how Saturday's helmets had the throwback double-T, along with the stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckunz    42

There wasn't too many good looking games this week but luckily I was able to pick out my 5 favorite from this rather dry week. (By the way, my number one is Notre Dame-UNC without a doubt)

msu.jpg

vt.jpg

nd.jpg

usa_today_10333545.0.jpg

DLoUIvQX0AMsvaC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Wolf    854

LSU at Florida was a beauty. 

 

Gy59PVt.jpg

 

 

My nomination for the worst goes to Temple at East Carolina for their double BFBS battle.

 

7fr0RSF.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeauxColonels    477
6 minutes ago, ckunz said:

 

DLoUIvQX0AMsvaC.jpg

 

What am I looking at here? My goodness, UAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BJ Sands    930
17 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

 

What am I looking at here? My goodness, UAB.

After everything UAB has gone through, I'm cool with them breaking out "look at me!!!" uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this