Teams Due for a Rebrand

FALCON6

"Eagles- Bring back the kelly green"

It's been a huge debate in Philly for a while. An "alternate uniform" Or heck, at least let them wear it on the TNF Color Rush games.
It was brought up at the Winter Meetings a few months ago. I think they will come back...maybe for a few limited games, just a matter of time.
NO question they will be huge sellers around here.

Approval is "dragging on" by the league.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/27/17170306/kelly-green-jerseys-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-midnight-color-alternate-helmet-philadelphia-nfl-rules-news

U5Of7p2.jpg

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

There is a rule from the NBA that a basketball has to be in one of their logos, so many teams just put it in a roundel because its the easy way out.

But i would say baseball seems to be going both ways. Gone are the normal logos, teams are picking between roundels and the basic cap logos. Im not a fan of these extremes for the majority of the league.

I've heard of the "must include a basketball" rule as well, but I've never seen any hard evidence of it, and there are certainly some teams that seem to violate that rule. For instance, until this offseason's rebrand, the Nuggets didn't have any logo with a basketball in it. The Rockets, Bulls, and Blazers don't have any logo that contains a basketball element, and the Spurs didn't until this past season. And plenty of other teams only have a basketball as part of a rarely-used alternate logo (e.g. Hawks, Cavs, Warriors, Bucks).

What I'm saying is that while that's a pervasive rumor, I'm not sure if it's an official rule (if you know otherwise, please share!). And if it is an official NBA rule, it's an incredibly dumb one.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 5/22/2018 at 11:50 AM, Point1 said:

If this 1992 insurance company/winter apparel brand isn't on the top of your list I don't know what to tell you...

115.jpg

I've always liked the Rockies' brand, right from the get-go: name, logo, colors, uniforms. Still do. Maybe I should head on over to "Unpopular Opinions" with this.

54 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I've heard of the "must include a basketball" rule as well, but I've never seen any hard evidence of it, and there are certainly some teams that seem to violate that rule. For instance, until this offseason's rebrand, the Nuggets didn't have any logo with a basketball in it. The Rockets, Bulls, and Blazers don't have any logo that contains a basketball element, and the Spurs didn't until this past season. And plenty of other teams only have a basketball as part of a rarely-used alternate logo (e.g. Hawks, Cavs, Warriors, Bucks).

What I'm saying is that while that's a pervasive rumor, I'm not sure if it's an official rule (if you know otherwise, please share!). And if it is an official NBA rule, it's an incredibly dumb one.

The Nuggets' circular shaped logo has a basketball. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:06 AM, OnWis97 said:

Interesting.  They just updated their home uniform.  And while there are certainly things I'd tweak on their uniforms, I don't see any rebrand needed.  Unless, of course, it includes a name change.

Are you thinking of a new logo or colors for the Minnesota Wild?  To me, the only positive thing about the name "Wild" is how well they did with the logo and uniforms. 

Just an overhaul completely  

9 hours ago, UncleJunior said:

"Eagles- Bring back the kelly green"

It's been a huge debate in Philly for a while. A

Define "huge debate".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are a lot of teams that need to rebrand, so I'll just do my top 3 for each league.

MLB: Miami (just go back to the Florida look wholesale), Arizona (ditto with purple/teal), San Diego (change the color scheme to brown/gold, navy/gold, navy/sand, anything but navy/white please god)

NFL: Tampa Bay (tweak the first red/pewter look), Cincinnati (drop the side panels and make the bengal head the primary), Washington (rename to the Warriors and make the spear the primary)

NBA: Oklahoma City (complete rebrand), Brooklyn (go back to the last NJ Nets look... and go back to Jersey), LA Clippers (complete rebrand)

NHL: Ottawa (promote the modern side-facing senator to the primary, completely redo the unis), Washington (promote the Weagle and completely redo the unis), NY Islanders (biased because I'm an Isles fan, but get a new logo and maybe give navy/orange/teal another shot)

On 3/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, Dilbert said:

Mariners- Bring back the blue and gold and change the logo, the compass just seems very 90s

insanely wrong opinion desu

53Ocz8U.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Eh. I'm thinking most outside the state of Georgia would agree with me on this one.

As a Nebraskan who has no attachment to Georgia in the slightest, I have to disagree with you. It may be the same as Green Bay (and Grambling State for that matter) but there’s a reason it’s been the same for so long: it works. They don’t need to change for the sake of change

13 minutes ago, jn8 said:

As a Nebraskan who has no attachment to Georgia in the slightest, I have to disagree with you. It may be the same as Green Bay (and Grambling State for that matter) but there’s a reason it’s been the same for so long: it works. They don’t need to change for the sake of change

So if the Auburn Tigers started ripping off Cincinnati Bengals the you'd be cool with it?

Gotcha.

6uXNWAo.png

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

So if the Auburn Tigers started ripping off Cincinnati Bengals the you'd be cool with it?

Gotcha.

Memphis already copied the Bengals and not much uproar occurred..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Gotcha.

Not in the slightest. Had they both used a similar logo since the 1960s, sure. But they don’t, and haven’t ever, so it’s not a fair comparison. Green Bay and Georgia is completely different, they HAVE been the same since the 60s and it’s become a logo associated with both teams. It would never fly if it happened now, but for the era it did, it was acceptable. To suggest that Georgia should abandon it for no other reason is like saying Stanford should get a new logo because a standard block S is used by Syracuse and hundreds of other schools with a name beginning with an S. It’s not a good enough reason to abandon tradition simply “because”

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Nuggets' circular shaped logo has a basketball. 

My mistake - I forgot that they had the circular pickaxe logo before the current rebrand.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I can't come to terms with why people hate the Eagles current identity. From the logo, to the helmet wings, I think it's one of the best in professional sports. The number font might be funky, but it's completely unique to them. The Eagles look perfect to me. I'll never understand why some bland green uniform with poorly rendered silver helmet wings is more intoxicating than what they have now. 

Archived