Canadian Premier League

steve61

3 hours ago, vtgco said:

I am not very impressed with this new Edmonton logo. Kind of a lateral move, possibly a slight downgrade.

The font for "FC Edmonton" and "2010" on this logo is more boring than the previous logo's, which had pleasant serifs.

The "FC Edmonton" text on top looks off, being in a straight line underneath the curved top of the shield.

I don't really like how the primary focus are the letters "FC" rather than the city name itself. The "E" is just not very visible.

Are those supposed to be rabbit tracks? I just wish they had put their rabbit silhouette alternate logo front and center in this shield.

CcAjkw9XIAILBgH.jpg

I think, altogether, this logo feels just as generic as the last.

I like the double blue, though -- it works well with the Oilers, who keep switching between royal and navy. Add the Oilers' orange or copper (or possibly the CFL team's yellow) and this would be an even better color scheme!

Most of these new logos are what we are seeing lately, yes they are modern, sharp and minimalist but they are just not worthy of being a part of a new league especially soccer. Soccer is romantic and has a history of logos that references heraldic shields, some of these Canadian logos have slight touches of these but have been used wrongly and make people ask more questions than they give.

Overall i'm a little disappointed with what they came up with.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, tigers said:

Most of these new logos are what we are seeing lately, yes they are modern, sharp and minimalist but they are just not worthy of being a part of a new league especially soccer. Soccer is romantic and has a history of logos that references heraldic shields, some of these Canadian logos have slight touches of these but have been used wrongly and make people ask more questions than they give.

Overall i'm a little disappointed with what they came up with.

The crests should be modern since it's a new modern league. Look at MLS's newer logos and the A-League in Australia. Heck look at some of the original ones! Some teams want to alude to their location but not try to shoehorn their name into a city's coat of arms like most English teams did at one time or another. I think Valour FC is pretty clean but Calvary FC could use some work, . . . OK, a lot of work. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...

Yikes.

That is everything and yet it is nothing.

Is the first part of the H trying to be an F or not?

Is the second part of the H a J or not?

Is the flame for Forge or Fire or Flames and does it have a F in it hidden slightly?

Is the in between negative space of the H an i with the flame as the glyph?

Anyway if this is the primary logo, it stacks up with the rest of the crap that's been wheeled out by the league thus far.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

2 minutes ago, tigers said:

Yikes.

That is everything and yet it is nothing.

Is the first part of the H trying to be an F or not?

Is the second part of the H a J or not?

Is the flame for Forge or Fire or Flames and does it have a F in it hidden slightly?

Is the in between negative space of the H an i with the flame as the glyph?

Anyway if this is the primary logo, it stacks up with the rest of the crap that's been wheeled out by the league thus far.

I've been looking at it all afternoon and have to agree.  I don't know wtf is going on with this one.  The H is kind of an H and I guess the top thing is an F but past that I'll wait for their official explanation tomorrow.  Not that a good logo should require one.  

zzPEfBm.png

I think the logo is supposed to represent the flames coming out of the chimney in the steel plant on the north end. 

I say this because Tim Horton's field is about 4 KM away from it.

Totally a guess but that's what i'm thinking. 

Image result for dofasco chimney

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 6/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, officeglenn said:

Edmonton was announced as an approved city today. And I just got an email from FC Edmonton about a "special unveiling" taking place on Friday. Perhaps a tweaked crest? The graphics were all black, white and silver/chrome; no sign of blue from the NASL days.

Ladies and gentleman, the Hamilton Forge FC or Forge FC Hamilton or i don't know to be honest 

41563262990_71e8bd231d_b.jpg

41563263510_82a323d8d0.jpg

12 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

Ladies and gentleman, the Hamilton Forge FC or Forge FC Hamilton or i don't know to be honest 

41563262990_71e8bd231d_b.jpg

41563263510_82a323d8d0.jpg

Also unveiled, they will pay tribute to the "Black & Gold history of Hamilton by wearing black and gold once a season, June 9th, Hamilton's birthday"

Some alternate logos to celebrate the occasion

43372339921_91fcee933e.jpg

43372340001_147965c0a9_z.jpg

4 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

Also unveiled, they will pay tribute to the "Black & Gold history of Hamilton by wearing black and gold once a season, June 9th, Hamilton's birthday"

Some alternate logos to celebrate the occasion

43372339921_91fcee933e.jpg

43372340001_147965c0a9_z.jpg

What are their actual colours? Orange and grey? And where are you finding these? I tried looking online and can barely find anything and the ticats.ca link doesn't work.

Just now, G-tron said:

What are their actual colours? Orange and grey? And where are you finding these? I tried looking online and can barely find anything and the ticats.ca link doesn't work.

From the Forge and CPL twitter. They've been posting videos and images for the past hour. Their official colours seem to be orange and slate/black

This entire identity looks like a mess.

The H-Flame thing is trying too hard for too many elements without actually committing to any one.  Is the left side the beginning of an "F" without the top bar? Is the right side a J? is that negative space supposed to be anything? Is the Flame an F?

I feel like this, along with most of the other league logos, are trying too hard to be clever and deliver deeper meanings and just misses on all fronts.  None of these seem inspired or recognizable for a top-flight team for a country.  The only one that I could actually enjoy would be Valour FC if they just used the V on its own as they're doing here:
unknown.png

But I feel like they're just trying to be clever and impose secondary and tertiary meanings and symbols and it all comes across as a mishmash of elements that don't work well together.

http://canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-unveiled-as-hamiltons-canadian-premier-league-club

Apparently the swooshy thing at the bottom of the H is supposed to be a waterfall.

Also, they're saying the left half of the H and the sparks on top make an F.

I'm not so sure about this logo. It doesn't seem very well thought through. I'd prefer the hammer, maybe on a shield or roundel. The yellow + black version looks better to me, too.

Seems like their name might just be "Forge FC," without Hamilton. It's kinda sad, IMO, to leave out the city name.

that's 7......Ottawa moves over to be 8?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Hamilton's team is in fact "Forge FC Hamilton", was at the TiCats shop where they are also selling Forge merch and asked. They said their official colours are "Spark Orange, Waterfall White and Platinum Steel"

Their hammer logo has some cool Hamilton roots in it, each line of the handle represents each smaller city in the Greater Hamilton Area; Hamilton, Dundas, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Flamborugh & Glanbrook

Archived