AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

Interesting tidbits in this article (in French):

https://www.lequotidien.com/sports/sagueneens/un-chandail-pour-mettre-en-valeur-laluminium-5630e903956c4b177feeb3c07588392e

L’an prochain, le tissu actuel des chandails de hockey des Saguenéens sera changé pour un tissu plus léger et plus performant, offrant une circulation d’air, une durabilité et une performance améliorée, comme celui des chandails de la LNH...

It mostly means that the Adidas fabric (or CCM from the AHL?) is coming to the CHL

3 hours ago, Dante_X said:

Interesting tidbits in this article (in French):

https://www.lequotidien.com/sports/sagueneens/un-chandail-pour-mettre-en-valeur-laluminium-5630e903956c4b177feeb3c07588392e

It mostly means that the Adidas fabric (or CCM from the AHL?) is coming to the CHL

As I noted earlier in the thread, the mockups for the retro jerseys the Hitmen are wearing for the Corral games this year are on the Adidas template, so maybe that's connected? 

Or it's just the Flames design team only having an Adidas template to work with.

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Moose Jaw Warriors Unveil Sleek New Logo for Third Jersey

October 25, 2018 - 20:51 PM

The Moose Jaw Warriors of Canada’s Western Hockey League unveiled their new alternate third uniform with a sleek new logo as the star. Let’s stop right now. This has to be the future primary logo of the Moose Jaw Warriors, […]

Read More...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hecticbro said:

I mean it's a pretty good logo, and their current primary is absolutely dreadful, but this can't be their primary logo. It's just a Moose, not a Warrior.

You don't know what that moose has been through.

Also.. that moose is giving me some strong Clifford vibes

hqdefault.jpg00512206_.jpg

2 hours ago, hecticbro said:

I mean it's a pretty good logo, and their current primary is absolutely dreadful, but this can't be their primary logo. It's just a Moose, not a Warrior.

The moose is more than alright compared to their current atrocity... It has to be a top 3 worst in the CHL.

San Antonio Rampage commemorate Dia de los Muertos with uniforms

October 27, 2018 - 15:45 PM

Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is observed October 31 through November 2, but for the AHL’s San Antonio Rampage, the holiday took place on the ice last night. The team wore specialty uniforms and rebranded as Los […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, umlegend1980 said:

I think of the Buffalo teams using a Buffalo when I see this.  The Sabers at least have Sabers in their logo.  The Bills have nothing reflecting Bills and this has nothing reflecting a Warrior.  Cool logo, but can't be primary.

Buffalo Bill Cody lived in western New York immediately following the Civil War (three of his children are buried in Rochester, I believe). Not long after that, he was contracted by the Kansas Pacific Railroad to supply bison meat for its workers. Essentially, he was a professional bison hunter during that time.

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 10/27/2018 at 1:09 PM, andrewharrington said:

Buffalo Bill Cody lived in western New York immediately following the Civil War (three of his children are buried in Rochester, I believe). Not long after that, he was contracted by the Kansas Pacific Railroad to supply bison meat for its workers. Essentially, he was a professional bison hunter during that time.

So there's kind of a connection with the Bills logo being a Buffalo or Bison I guess?

On 10/27/2018 at 11:36 AM, bowld said:

Looks like Buffalo and Manitoba had a child...

1798_buffalo_sabres-primary-2000.png

Speaking of the Sabers logo, this is off topic but I always wondered what the heck the weird shape on the left was, the cut out area if you will.  Does he have a foot up?  Is something smashing his face?  The triangle on the right of his face is odd for that matter as well.  I've laid awake at night many nights puzzled over this...and then they brought the buffaslug and I just couldn't give the franchise's logos anymore thoughts or I'd go clinically insane!