Roger Federer Logo

Well I must say, as an avid tennis player and fan, that there isn't more tennis talk on these boards. It's a great sport and the match today at the Wimbledon Final was probably the best I've ever seen.

That said, roger Federer, who lost that match, is apparently on the level of Tiger Woods in the eyes of Nike, as he now has a personal logo incorporating his initials, RF. I have seen it throughout this year's Wimbledon but never before. He has a hat with the logo emblazoned on it, and I saw many of his friends and family wearing a hat with it today. I think it looks really, really nice. Here is the hat:

NRFHH-big.jpg

In addition, this Wimbledon (haven't seen these before either) Rog has taken to wearing a -- well, rather girly in my mind(I won't use another word beginning with g and ending in y) but classic and old-fashioned; not necessarily bad things -- cardigan and white handbag with this logo on them. I think he looks hideous but sometimes , more often now, when I look at them they seem much better than what I previously thought.

07rfnike.jpg

Roger_Federer__355897a.jpg

Here is the complete package.

What do you all think? I love it after looking at it for a while. guess it didn't help though.

The cardigan's pretty nice. I'm really feeling the old-fashionedness of the cardigan. The shoes are nice as well. I don't really have an opinion on the bag since I'm not one to talk about tennis bags, but yeah, that is a stylish tennis bag if I've ever seen one.

All in all, Nike did a pretty good job with the Federer line. I think they'll sell alot based on how good it looks and not just because of name recognition.

That said, today's final was awesome. I don't watch tennis outside of the majors, but I know a historic match when I see one. Nadal's win elevated him into legend status and elevated the Nadal-Federer rivalry to a whole new level, now that its been proven that Nadal can beat Federer on a surface other than clay. :P

It's excellent. You have no idea how excited I was to see someone who actually looked like a tennis player. Nice slim-fitting polo and warm up cardigan. Classic tennis fashion (tennis has the best-looking traditional sporting gear, in my opinion).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The cardigan's pretty nice. I'm really feeling the old-fashionedness of the cardigan. The shoes are nice as well. I don't really have an opinion on the bag since I'm not one to talk about tennis bags, but yeah, that is a stylish tennis bag if I've ever seen one.

All in all, Nike did a pretty good job with the Federer line. I think they'll sell alot based on how good it looks and not just because of name recognition.

That said, today's final was awesome. I don't watch tennis outside of the majors, but I know a historic match when I see one. Nadal's win elevated him into legend status and elevated the Nadal-Federer rivalry to a whole new level, now that its been proven that Nadal can beat Federer on a surface other than clay. :P

I wouldn't say that just yet. If he can win the Australian and the US Opens, then yes, he would be a true legend. I've seen that logo for about a year, maybe more. I like the logo and the clothing line is very classy.

I saw, I came, I left.

SharapovaOutfit_450x499.jpg

Good Job Nike.

Is it just me...or does anyone else think that she looks like she could easily be the daughter of Dr. Beverly Crusher from Star Trek: The Next Generation here???

OH...and that RF cardigan--and them shoes--is copped. Lovin' the style.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know, a simple pair of adidas Sam Smiths kick those gaudy Federer Nikes up and down the court. Nasty looking garbage, looks designed by the lowliest intern at Baby Phat.

That would be Stan. Stan Smith.

Wade-sig.png

Nike had a pop-up store on the road to Wimbledon from the one underground station. They had one of the cardigan's on display (they only made 230 apparently) and one of Maria's outfits. I thought Federer's stuff was pretty nice, although the logo is lame.

Sharapova's opponent said that her outfit made her want to beat Maria even more. oops. haha

I don't like the logo, but I did really like the cardigan and the whole styling they did outfitting him. Nice classic look for sure and not something a lot of players would want to do, much less be able to pull off with their "look".

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

You know, a simple pair of adidas Stan Smiths kick those gaudy Federer Nikes up and down the court. Nasty looking garbage, looks designed by the lowliest intern at Baby Phat.

Agreed as to the shoes and bag (except I was thinking Louis Vuitton -- minus the LV logo). However, I do like the cardigan (even if it doesn't look like something you'd actually wear to play tennis).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 1 year later...

Today's New York Times has an pretty comprehensive article about the RF logo that covers just about everything from the evolutionary process it underwent, fan and sport reaction to it, to its various applications and uses, and even a critique from Pentagram's Michael Bierut.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/sports/tennis/31logo.html?ref=sports

Archived