Denver Broncos Concept

burgundy

I tried to stay away from concepts during the school year, but just couldn't stop myself. So I did a concept for the Broncos that tries to combine several eras. The sleeves were inspired by the '65 jerseys, and I transitioned it into a tapered stripe like they use now. For the logo I wanted to modernize the D logo, but I didn't want to just stick the newer, stupid, twisting horse through the old D. So I blended the old horse with the current one, and I made the D more of the current style. The helmet stripe is a reversal of their current stripe, with it coming to a point in the back, and the smaller tapered stripes next to the middle one are now white. C&C appreciated.

bronco-logo2.png

bronco-jersey-home.png

bronco-jersey-away.png

bronco-jersey-alt.png

and just for the hell of it ...

bronco-jersey-alt-ugly.png

spacer.png

This is good. Try to use a modern D though.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Outstanding! With a couple of caveats...

- Really like the logo. From when they changed their look it was clear to me that they fouled up by not just modernizing the D. Helmet question: is it a full stripe or that horrendous thing they have now?

- Agree the sleeves need a logo, though that might be too busy, so maybe try the TV numbers there.

- The pants look incomplete. Maybe outline the stripe with the same color that outlines the sleeve color on the jersey. Plus my usual "death to pointy stripes" but in this case it's clear you're combining several Denver looks so you get a pass. B)

- Did you happen to try this with their current shade of blue? Just curious, seems it might look pretty good.

- Mixed reaction to the alt. Very cool, but also ugly enough to potentially cause instant insanity to viewers. :D

Overall, very fine work.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Simply put: This concept is totally ROCKIN'!!!

I could do without the Mustard Yellow and Brown version but overall, I could see the Broncos wearing these over the ones the currently have. Just saying.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Thank you everybody for your comments so far. I'm glad you guys like it.

I think these look great. Does the monochrome alt. look better than one with orange pants?

I haven't tried orange pants yet, but because of the side stripe of the jersey, I don't know if it'll work.

Outstanding! With a couple of caveats...

- Really like the logo. From when they changed their look it was clear to me that they fouled up by not just modernizing the D. Helmet question: is it a full stripe or that horrendous thing they have now?

- Agree the sleeves need a logo, though that might be too busy, so maybe try the TV numbers there.

- The pants look incomplete. Maybe outline the stripe with the same color that outlines the sleeve color on the jersey. Plus my usual "death to pointy stripes" but in this case it's clear you're combining several Denver looks so you get a pass. B)

- Did you happen to try this with their current shade of blue? Just curious, seems it might look pretty good.

- Mixed reaction to the alt. Very cool, but also ugly enough to potentially cause instant insanity to viewers. :D

Overall, very fine work.

- The helmet stripe is a reversal of what they have now, sort of like Louisville.

- I'm not a fan of sleeve logos unless there is no helmet logo, so I'm not putting any on. I'll try out the numbers on the sleeve though.

- With the white pants on the home, I couldn't really use the white outline from the sleeves. I could just use an orange outline for both, but then there would be mismatched stripes on the home, which I can't stand. I could try to taper the pants stripe outline like I did for the sleeve/side stripe, so that they don't collide.

- I haven't tried navy yet, but I think that navy and orange is the Bears' and the Broncos should stick with royal.

- I'm actually surprised that no one is completely disgusted by it. I just threw it in as a tribute to those horrendous uniforms of old. And who doesn't love the vertically striped socks?

spacer.png

logos are perfect, i loved the old logo but it was too old-school, and now you updated it using another logo i liked. Its perfect.

Jerseys are a bit plain as others have said. Plain is sometimes good, but in this case it needs another logo on the jersey. Also, i dont like the blue, it needs to be a bit darker.

I really like these. Especially the logo, nice job combining the new and old. I know you just made the second alternate for the hell of it but it would be alright if they wore it once if at all just for a throwback game but more than once would just be too much for that uniform.

Really good job though, these are great.

sig.jpg

Good stuff.

I think the "D" either needs no serifs or two serifs, as opposed to the one you now have.

I am not totally sold that that a sleeve logo is needed, as it's still less plain the current look. Plus sleeve logos (or anything on sleeves) will be a thing of the past some day.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived